Headphone Amp, Recommendation
Toroso
Mar 16 2009, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
Can anyone recommend a decent headphone practice amp? With the weather getting nicer here, I'd like to be a little more mobile.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Live well, and live often!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2009, 01:47 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello Toroso!

I hear good things about these amps : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...-Amp?sku=481677

What kind of headphone practice amp are we talking about ?? You want to play your electric outdoors etc ??

I would much rather recommend a multieffects unit like Korg Pandora PX4D Guitar Multi Effects Processor that can work on batteries...That unit + headphones = awesome portable sound!!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 17 2009, 01:47 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 17 2009, 01:49 AM
Learning Tone Master
Pocket pod would be another call

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Toroso
Mar 17 2009, 12:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 16 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Hello Toroso!

I hear good things about these amps : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...-Amp?sku=481677

What kind of headphone practice amp are we talking about ?? You want to play your electric outdoors etc ??

I would much rather recommend a multieffects unit like Korg Pandora PX4D Guitar Multi Effects Processor that can work on batteries...That unit + headphones = awesome portable sound!!! smile.gif

Hey Bogdan Yes! Playing my electric outdoors! It's really starting to get nice outside here. I was looking at the Vox things but I think it might be easy to damage stuck on the end of your guitar like that. sad.gif I'll check out the Korg unit.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 17 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
I vote for the Vox option, I don't think it can be damaged in any way, and if you wanna be mobile this is a better solution cause you don't need a cable like you would need with Pandora. But Pandora has it's own advantages as well..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:10 AM