Lamb Of God, When they were known as Burn The Priest
kyldeee
Feb 19 2008, 06:32 PM
GMC:er
Just got the debut album when Lamb Of God was still known as Burn the Priest and it's awesome... Anyone else heard it, and what do you guys think of Lamb Of God in general smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 19 2008, 07:22 PM
Singing Instructor
"this is a mother f***ing invitation".....yeah they are hevy....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 19 2008, 07:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ashes of the Wake is imo their best album. Laid to rest,hourglass,something to die for...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 19 2008, 08:58 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Actually never liked there music, but ive seen them live twice and there live performances are fantastic smile.gif

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 19 2008, 09:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
My favourite band! biggrin.gif
They're awesome live! You should definately go check 'em out.
I like Sacrament and Ashes Of The Wake the most.

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Feb 19 2008, 09:15 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
i really love Lamb of god too, they are the kind of band who never makes sucky albums laugh.gif
there is lots of nice guitar an drum parts in their songs too (especially in Sacrament, their last album)

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 19 2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I wish they would come somewhere near Finland, so I could go and see their show smile.gif
Lamb of God and Opeth are one of those bands that doesn't make mistakes when it comes to music smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 19 2008, 09:32 PM
they are my driving music.. Great Lyrics + The most amazing drums ever! guitar is just heavy smile.gif i heard they are awsome live but i missed their show sad.gif Favorite album is Ashes of the Wake

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 20 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't know...I don't really like them. All of their songs that I've heard (which isn't really saying much) kinda sound the same to me.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 20 2008, 01:26 AM
^^^^ exactly how I feel. If I need something hard, I'll look into brutal death metal. Then again that music gets old really fast too happy.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
erik
Feb 22 2008, 01:35 PM
Ashes of the Wake was my favourite album for a looong time. I saw them at the Hove festival here in Norway this summer, and it was freaking amazing. Absolutly love that band. I really like all the albums exept burn the priest and new american gospel tongue.gif those two albums never really got to me..

This post has been edited by erik: Feb 22 2008, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 29 2008, 09:05 PM
Ive never really listened to them much, until recently and they are my new favorite band... I havent heard anything that i dont like from them... The singer isnt the best, but i tone him out and only listen to the music... I absolutely love the guitar riffs in their songs, just straight up nasty... Im working on learning my second song from them now, i have laid to rest down and now im learning 11th hour... They're all ive been listening to at home, in the car or in the gym.... smile.gif
But my girlfriend hates them, especially their redneck song... but thats her, im not too fond of all that love music she listens to..

Ashes is my favorite album from them, and the song ashes from the wake has alot of nasty riffs in it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Mar 30 2008, 12:12 AM
One of my favourite bands aswell, but I didn't really like the Burn The Priest album except for Bloodletting and Duane smile.gif really cool songs. I'm more in to their newer stuff like Ashes of The Wake and Sacrament smile.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 30 2008, 12:19 AM
Great band, they are turning into a band people either love or hate, I love em, great guitar playing and great drumming. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 30 2008, 03:30 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Actually I'm a fan of their latest album (Sacrament), so many great songs smile.gif

Haven't heard to much of their old stuff from Burn The Priest though, but maybe I should smile.gif

+Quote Post
man0mule
Apr 6 2008, 07:03 PM
while i do like lamb of god's music, thier singer is just hard to listen to. Too much screaming and growling and not in a good way. I'm not a big fan of that type of singing. The only singer that pulls it off for me is Corey from Slipkont because he mixes it up. Does some melodic singing, and it tends to be more musical.

I did purchase Ashes of the Wake because they had a song on guitar hero 2. But i can't listen to more than 1 song at a time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:38 PM