Dissasembally Question (please Reply Fast)
joshl
Aug 11 2008, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
I need to know how to take out the threaded i guess you'd say sockets that the bridge on my GAX70 secures to. Like the things that the screws that hold down the bridge and the thing next to it that guides the strings go into. Please reply asap.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 11 2008, 10:28 PM
Instructor
I don't really know, if you post a picture that would really help a lot.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 11 2008, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about, A picture would certainly help. Otherwise look up what part you exactly mean

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 11 2008, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (joshl @ Aug 11 2008, 10:59 PM) *
I need to know how to take out the threaded i guess you'd say sockets that the bridge on my GAX70 secures to. Like the things that the screws that hold down the bridge and the thing next to it that guides the strings go into. Please reply asap.

The saddles or the whole bridge? I see you have a fixed bridge on your GAX, so don't worry too much. It's pretty safe to unscrew.
Take the strings off first though, lol.

+Quote Post
joshl
Aug 11 2008, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Aug 11 2008, 10:49 PM) *
The saddles or the whole bridge? I see you have a fixed bridge on your GAX, so don't worry too much. It's pretty safe to unscrew.
Take the strings off first though, lol.

What I mean is the female threaded socket things that the bridge and saddle screws are screwed into.

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 11 2008, 10:57 PM
ah, that makes much more sense.

Do this very carefully, as not to hurt your guitar.

take one of the screws from the bridge, screw it in about half way. grab some pliers and try to plug it out. use some strength but don't go Conan The Barbarian mode. If this doesn't work you'll have to post some pics.

+Quote Post
joshl
Aug 12 2008, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 11 2008, 10:57 PM) *
ah, that makes much more sense.

Do this very carefully, as not to hurt your guitar.

take one of the screws from the bridge, screw it in about half way. grab some pliers and try to plug it out. use some strength but don't go Conan The Barbarian mode. If this doesn't work you'll have to post some pics.

I tried that, it moved a tiny bit but not much, any other tricks?

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 12 2008, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (joshl @ Aug 12 2008, 04:06 PM) *
I tried that, it moved a tiny bit but not much, any other tricks?

You've been asked to post pictures two times.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 PM