4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Metallica Style Collab, A new killer song is coming...
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2016, 09:12 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 21 2016, 06:48 PM) *
Kris has been doing this for quite some time so it's a great example of the power of PRACTICE. Submit your own examples pretty please smile.gif The more takes the better!! !![/b]

Very well put - for every recording you share you will progress. It does not matter how you feel after having uploaded/recorded - I always feel horrible when I upload something, I almost always think something in the lines of "why do I even bother, it sounded even worse than my last upload". Still I have learned that if I keep doing it, it will take me forward one way or another.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2016, 01:36 AM
GMC:er
Well said smile.gif Yet again! Everyone doubts themselves, it's normal. Just try not to let that keep you guys from trying and sharing. IT takes boldness to be sure. But it's a great way to see your own progress, and get valuable feedback. So even if you hate your take, submit it!!! smile.gif You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 21 2016, 04:12 PM) *
Very well put - for every recording you share you will progress. It does not matter how you feel after having uploaded/recorded - I always feel horrible when I upload something, I almost always think something in the lines of "why do I even bother, it sounded even worse than my last upload". Still I have learned that if I keep doing it, it will take me forward one way or another.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 22 2016, 07:17 AM
Learning Chord Basher
After all those words from Kristofer and Todd I felt I had to share my take either way. Even if I feel like some parts are horrible. But I am here to improve smile.gif
Here is my take for the Metallica Collab.=)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 22 2016, 08:05 AM
GMC Founder
Excellent Alex - perhaps you feel already that you are looking at your take with different eyes, because you have shared it? Again - this is the process that moves us forward. There is no way around it - to others reading, you won't get better just by practicing on your room - you have to start SHARING as well smile.gif

You did very well sharing this track - this will be a really cool collab biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 22 2016, 02:58 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Yes exactly, it is always good to have someone else look at your playing and give feedback to you since it is hard to criticize yourself smile.gif I also realized even if I get some negative feedback, it wouldn't matter I will practice so I don't make same mistakes next time smile.gif

Looking forward to the final mix!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2016, 05:56 PM
Super Congrats on a spiff take and on having the stones to share smile.gif Just turning the camera on can often cause one's fingers to turn to mush, crowds watching can do the same. Just like guitar, you gotta practice. Practice at playing in front of a camera, practice at playing in front of people. As Kris wisely states, it's all part of the process smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 22 2016, 02:17 AM) *
After all those words from Kristofer and Todd I felt I had to share my take either way. Even if I feel like some parts are horrible. But I am here to improve smile.gif
Here is my take for the Metallica Collab.=)

Bingo! Never be afraid of feedback, positive or negative, it can contribute to your progess as a musician. It's all about the "journey" as they say, and it's a long road. But it's well worth the trip smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 22 2016, 09:58 AM) *
Yes exactly, it is always good to have someone else look at your playing and give feedback to you since it is hard to criticize yourself smile.gif I also realized even if I get some negative feedback, it wouldn't matter I will practice so I don't make same mistakes next time smile.gif

Looking forward to the final mix!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2016, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Great job Alex! I've just shared some thoughts and suggestions regarding your take at the mentoring thread where I've found it first. wink.gif

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EVERYBODY:

Please be sure to share your takes on 25th (or before) because I can't extend the deadline for this. Thanks!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 22 2016, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
you'll get it tomorow or today for sure !!

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2016, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Sounds good! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 23 2016, 09:17 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel

i have try to do better than the take in my last PM, but i seem stucked.
So i think this is a final take, theses are the files smile.gif

[attachment=44793:metallic...b_tryout.mp4]
[attachment=44794:metallica_3.wav]
[attachment=44795:metallic...uit_only.wav]

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2016, 09:23 AM
GMC Founder
Cool Laurent - can't wait for the final mix!

Here are my files. The audio is fairly processed already, let me know if you need any audio with less effects. All audio starts from point 0, and in the file lead.wav I also included a reference count-in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5415283...-etc-export.zip

Guys and girls please submit your final take by latest the 25th - as Gab will start mixing / editing right away!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2016, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 23 2016, 05:17 AM) *
Hi Gabriel

i have try to do better than the take in my last PM, but i seem stucked.
So i think this is a final take, theses are the files smile.gif

[attachment=44793:metallic...b_tryout.mp4]
[attachment=44794:metallica_3.wav]
[attachment=44795:metallic...uit_only.wav]

Cheers

Laurent

Great! Thanks Laurent!!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 23 2016, 05:23 AM) *
Cool Laurent - can't wait for the final mix!

Here are my files. The audio is fairly processed already, let me know if you need any audio with less effects. All audio starts from point 0, and in the file lead.wav I also included a reference count-in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5415283...-etc-export.zip

Guys and girls please submit your final take by latest the 25th - as Gab will start mixing / editing right away!

Downloading now!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 24 2016, 02:15 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Here is another take where I tried to be more melodic and using less notes.
I feel like most of this take is better than my last.

Here is my files also
Attached File  Metallica_Collab_Guitar_Only.wav ( 15.27MB ) Number of downloads: 65

Attached File  Metallica_Collab_Video.mp4 ( 36.7MB ) Number of downloads: 118

Attached File  Metallica_Collab_With_Backing.wav ( 15.27MB ) Number of downloads: 75

Please tell me if you need something more smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jun 25 2016, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2016, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Great!! Thanks for joining Alex! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
kadir korkmaz
Jun 27 2016, 08:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2016, 10:35 PM) *
Great!! Thanks for joining Alex! smile.gif

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2016, 05:24 PM
Instructor
I'm working on this one! We can say that we have a new KILLER track. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 28 2016, 07:16 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm working on this one! We can say that we have a new KILLER track. biggrin.gif

YEAH !!!!!!!!!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 29 2016, 09:33 AM
GMC Founder
No matter how many times we do this, I am still amazed that we are gathered from all over the world to play and compose amazing music. THANK YOU so much for joining us!! wub.gif wub.gif

Here is the end result:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 29 2016, 09:55 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I think this one turned out killer! smile.gif Awesome job everyone!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 29 2016, 10:05 AM
Learning Roadie
yes !!! very nice one !!!!

next ???

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:49 PM