Scarlet Solo 3rd Gen
Adam
Jan 4 2020, 12:23 AM
Learning Roadie
My first interface arrived today and at the moment I'm following the instruction videos. It's really small and a little light but seems very sturdy. So far, it looks simple to use. I'm used to having a software CD included in the hardware box but I feel the way Focusrite did it makes things much easier.

I picked Ableton Live Lite as my DAW, because some forums said it's easier than Pro Tools for composing and that's what I hope to do with it but I see I'm entitled to Pro Tools (it wasn't a choose-one-only thing) and I'll try that too a bit later. People say on the forums that Pro Tools is a standard in the industry, so it's worth learning.

It's a lot of new things bt I'm learning. At the moment I'm neither happy with the purchase nor disappointed. I managed to get it to work and set up the volume level, so it's a start. I'll give it some time and see how it goes. I'll have to switch between recorder devices for recording and talking to people online but it's not a big drawback. I'm now considering getting a small USB-MIDI keyboard and try composing some tracks but not gonna happen anytime soon if at all.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th April 2020 - 04:43 AM