2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Metallica- Ride The Lightnings
SLASH91
Jun 26 2007, 03:11 AM
GMC:er
Yesterday I got Ride the Lightnings (I had previously listened to only a few songs on it). and WOW!
there wasnt a single song on there that was even a little weak and even though I really really like Kirk Hammets playing, it was Hetfields riffs that made it great to me. I just wish they would bring their style back to that. It was pure headbanging goodness smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 26 2007, 03:42 AM
yea man, thats a sick album, its great. All the songs are pure headbanging, (Including Fade to Black lol laugh.gif ), you made a great choice buying that album!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 26 2007, 03:50 AM
If rumours are true Metallica is already back in the studio! Only time shall tell smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 27 2007, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jun 25 2007, 08:50 PM) *
If rumours are true Metallica is already back in the studio! Only time shall tell smile.gif

yeah, i think they are gonna realease a new album at the end of this year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jul 3 2007, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't expect too much. All albums after the black album, were shit. Load I can see as an experiment, it's was OK, but nothing sing and dance home about.

They are trying too hard to grow as musicians, countless bands do it, and ruin there good sound. Although someones when they grow naturally the bands becomes better. This is not the case haha personal preference of course.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 3 2007, 06:06 PM
I agree with you Craig, but if there's no room for hope, what is there room for? smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 4 2007, 03:57 AM
Well, I heard somewhere that Hammet had said that they were going to have some intense speed solos in their next album.So that could be a good sign.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 4 2007, 04:08 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm pretty excited for the new album, personally.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 4 2007, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 3 2007, 10:08 PM) *
I'm pretty excited for the new album, personally.

Have you heard whether or not they are going back to their old style?

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 4 2007, 04:26 AM
Have you heard whether or not they are going back to their old style?

i think so, like you said about Hammett talking about the fast solos and very fast riffs, i think i recall him saying that they were going to try going back to their roots.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dansol
Jul 7 2007, 01:29 AM
Im looking forward to the new album. Heard one of there new songs and sounds more like there older stuff than the shite on st anger.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Dansol @ Jul 6 2007, 06:29 PM) *
Im looking forward to the new album. Heard one of there new songs and sounds more like there older stuff than the shite on st anger.

yea, because the older stuff is what rocked! St. Anger was big deception for me sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 7 2007, 01:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Kirk also mentioned something about how on St Anger the guitars were tuned lower (along with no solos, and crappy drums) and that was kind of making James' voice sound different.

So overall, I think St. Anger was a complete departure in sound from them, wheras load and reload was them trying to do something different. Now they're back to their old sound, and not looking to be "different" = good old metallica! Also I think I heard that the two "new songs" that have been released may or may not even be on the album, so they might or might not be an indication of what it'll be like.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 01:37 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 6 2007, 06:33 PM) *
Kirk also mentioned something about how on St Anger the guitars were tuned lower (along with no solos, and crappy drums) and that was kind of making James' voice sound different.

So overall, I think St. Anger was a complete departure in sound from them, wheras load and reload was them trying to do something different. Now they're back to their old sound, and not looking to be "different" = good old metallica! Also I think I heard that the two "new songs" that have been released may or may not even be on the album, so they might or might not be an indication of what it'll be like.

yea definately

No Solos + Crappy Drums + Weird Vocals = (James Voice**) BAD! tongue.gif

But i gotta admit that the time when St. Anger was being recorded was a hard time for the guys, i mean, no bass player + James on rehab for 1 year....

--------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 7 2007, 01:43 AM
You know, I hate to say it but James has lost his little James's! He made that band and when he started singing like a girl, it was over.

Don't get me wrong, I have much respect for Metallica. I grew up on those guys. But Reload and St. Anger really upset me. There are a couple of catchy riffs and songs here and there but overall a big disappointment!

I've tried for years to be optimistic and I truly hope I eat crow with their new album but for now, I am really not into what they've done recently.

By the way Slash91, Ride is a classic albulm! smile.gif

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 6 2007, 06:43 PM) *
You know, I hate to say it but James has lost his little James's! He made that band and when he started singing like a girl, it was over.

Don't get me wrong, I have much respect for Metallica. I grew up on those guys. But Reload and St. Anger really upset me. There are a couple of catchy riffs and songs here and there but overall a big disappointment!

I've tried for years to be optimistic and I truly hope I eat crow with their new album but for now, I am really not into what they've done recently.

By the way Slash91, Ride is a classic albulm! smile.gif

i agree with you man. I understand Load was very experimental, but Reload was very dissapointing, and like you said, there are just a couple of songs that are good, but the rest are @*)(#!

So theres nothing else but to wait for their album and clear things up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 7 2007, 01:51 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 6 2007, 06:46 PM) *
i agree with you man. I understand Load was very experimental, but Reload was very dissapointing, and like you said, there are just a couple of songs that are good, but the rest are @*)(#!

So theres nothing else but to wait for their album and clear things up!

Man FretDancer,

all I gotta say is HAIL Megadeth! smile.gif For the most part they have remained solid over the years!

By the way, are you referring to December of 2012 with your countdown? The day of the mighty Aztec calender?

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 01:59 AM
QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 6 2007, 06:51 PM) *
Man FretDancer,

all I gotta say is HAIL Megadeth! smile.gif For the most part they have remained solid over the years!

By the way, are you referring to December of 2012 with your countdown? The day of the mighty Aztec calender?

yea Megadeth onws and remains the same,! although when they released Risk it was a total disaster, but well, we all gotta experiment sometime.biggrin.gif

Yea, thats what my sig means, the Pole Shift of 2012, your the 1st one to notice lol laugh.gif
But i think its the Mayan Calendar, not the Aztec

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 7 2007, 02:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jul 7 2007, 02:30 AM
its mayan tongue.gif but i sure hope tahts not the countdown to extinction, theres too much to do...

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 02:36 AM
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jul 6 2007, 07:30 PM) *
its mayan tongue.gif but i sure hope tahts not the countdown to extinction, theres too much to do...

well, i dont think its gonna be the end of the world, but like 90% of the World population is gonna die, meaning its gonna be a whole new age after it happens, if it happens

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:51 PM