I'm I Getting Crazy?, Yamaha Pacifica
coffeeman
Mar 7 2012, 02:35 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I was walking when I saw a Yamaha store, and I saw a nice guitar on the shop window, so I decided to enter and give it a try. It's a Yamaha Pacifica 212VQM, and it felt really good, it isn't a high end guitar, it doesn't cost more than us$500 , but it felt right, nice sustain, nice bridge pick up and very soft to play. I didn't buy it but I'm thinking, sometimes things doesn't have to be fancy , just are what you need.

here is a video of alex hutching playing it, the one I saw it's exactly as this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 7 2012, 02:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey man. If you really enjoy it after many playthroughs then that's cool! I wouldn't say the price is always the decider on how good something is.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
spacebran
Mar 7 2012, 04:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 7 2012, 01:52 AM) *
Hey man. If you really enjoy it after many playthroughs then that's cool! I wouldn't say the price is always the decider on how good something is.

Agreed! I would rather play less for something I enjoy more cool.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 7 2012, 10:32 AM
Learning Roadie
For a very long time the Yamaha Pacifica range was recommended as an amazing value for money guitar, in terms of quality and playability.

Adrian Clarke one of the Guitarist magazine's contributors often mentions how he uses the entry level model when giving lessons

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Mar 7 2012, 12:34 PM
Apprentice Roadie
While I'm certainly no pro when it comes to guitars, I'll still go ahead and add my two cents here. A few months ago, I was shopping for a new guitar. I found one that looked, played, and sounded good. I was wondering if it was any good because of the price. I put it on here for people to check out and give me their reviews. The only negative things I heard were tuning issues, all from people who have had bad experiences with Floyd Rose. I heard a lot of positive things.Most agreed it seemed like a good guitar, despite the low price. In the end, I bought it and (after getting used to it) I love it! The total price including tax was just at $400 USD. I bought it local from a guitar shop because they have always done me right. They also give free set-ups on the guitars they sell, and if something is wrong, I can take it to them first. However, I found out Jackson is discontinuing this model (something about them losing money on it) so a lot of places on the internet have it on clearance for right at $250! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2012, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Well, indeed a lot of folks are driven to want an instrument price oriented smile.gif my PRS Paul Allender plays and sounds incredible and it's almost a quarter of the price of the Custom 24. Yes, that is my main metal axe biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Mar 7 2012, 02:31 PM
Apprentice Roadie
I will add something else to this.... when I was in the Marines, I knew a guy who re-enlisted and received a sizable bonus (around $16 thousand dollars) for doing so. Well, this guy decided he was going to learn guitar. He immediately went out and bought around $6000 worth of things he had no idea how to use, including the guitar..... That's just dumb (in my opinion). I have played some pretty expensive guitars my friends have owned and they did not make me sound one bit better... smile.gif Even if I had had more money when I bought my latest one, I still would have probably kept it inexpensive as my level of playing just doesn't warrant it yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 7 2012, 02:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I totally agree with you guys, thanks a lot for your comments. And this situation aplies to a more minimalist life am traying to live, where labels and brands don't matter it only matters if it suplies a need I have, and if it feels right.

Thanks again for all your comments , I'll let you know what happends.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 7 2012, 04:28 PM
Learning Roadie
I have found knowing you have some of the best gear you can buy, puts the onus firmly on you to take any blame for playing/ sounding bad.

I have had less GAS in the past 3 years after getting the Axe FX Ultra and my Tyler Burning water 2K, I can just concentrate on becoming good enough for my gear.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 8 2012, 04:16 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
If it sounds and feels good, why not? smile.gif

Besides you have some amazing gear, so I'm sure it played great if you say so!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 9 2012, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Yamaha is a good company and Pacifica is a good guitar!
You will be the one playing it so if it feels right just go for it!!! And if you will decide later that it's time for something else you can always sell it!

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Mar 9 2012, 11:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I agree: If it feels good, if you enjoy the guitar, thats the guitar you should get..

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 9 2012, 02:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot for all your comments guys, they are really helpful!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 9 2012, 08:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 9 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Thanks a lot for all your comments guys, they are really helpful!

Of course! LEt me know if you have any questions!!!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 11 2012, 12:00 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I have never tried the Yamaha Pacifica, but I've heard good things about it so I'm not surprised.

I used to own a beautiful Nik Huber Redwood, a 7000$ guitar.
It was and still is one of the best guitars I've ever tried.
But I sat down with a Tom Anderson Atom guitar that cost about half the price (3850$),
and I ended up selling my Nik Huber to get that.
It can do anything, and I mean anything. From almost electro acoustic-like clarity to juicy humbucker-heavy, I love it smile.gif
I'll record something and post one of these days, I've just started recording again.

But I also own a Gibson Classic Custom in cream white, that I ended up buying after trying about 10-12 Gibson guitars
just to find "the right one". And that's almost as good to play as the Tom Anderson, just not as diverse.

I still want to get a Tokai or Greco guitar as well, great guitars for the price (most japanese made guitars are).

I'm rambling again, sorry biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 PM