New Guitar For Colllege!, :D
Sami
Apr 9 2009, 09:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey GMC! im facing yet another gear related dilema and once i agian i need the expert advice of GMCers! Seeing that i have money to buy a new guitar i want to buy a 7 string. Right now i have a 6 string Ibanez RG that has a PAF joe in the neck and a Evo in the bridge. Ive always wanted the Ibanez 7 string because 1)its not a floating bridge(i already have one) 2)7-STRINGS. The other part of the challenge is that i am going to stuying music and music theory in college, the esembles and etc. are usually a jazzy style, and i dont know if my 6-string RG will stand up to the challenge of a jazzy tone. so the question is if i should buy a articore thats around 500, or the 7-string that ill have much more creative flexability with for 399. My budget is around 500 dollars,

This is my current guitar, but mine has a PAF joe and a Evo

This is the 7-string i would get:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG7321-...841-i1167515.gc

These were the Articores i was looking at:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Artcore...359-i1386619.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Artcore...724-i1150604.gc

The first question i would like to answer if wither or not i should get the 7-string or not Then feel free to suggest other guitars in this price range!!

Thanks SO much GMC
-Sami

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Apr 9 2009, 11:58 PM
Instructor
A regular electric guitar will never sound like an Artcore because it doesn't have the body prepared for that.
I'll buy the AF75, it's a great guitar from my point of view.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Sami
Apr 10 2009, 01:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Apr 9 2009, 11:58 PM) *
A regular electric guitar will never sound like an Artcore because it doesn't have the body prepared for that.
I'll buy the AF75, it's a great guitar from my point of view.

Good point, but you think i will need the tone to strive in a music circulm at a college (the circulm is mostly jazz based i think.) Keep in mind i dont plan on attending a conservatory, but a school that offers a music major.

Other people i need your input too! theres a sale at gc tmrw for 3 days so i need to make my decision with haste haha,

Thanks
-sami

--------------------
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 10 2009, 06:37 AM
GMC:er
you just answered your own question....you are going to GC tomorrow....

why on earth are you asking us...go there and try em out!!!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sami
Apr 10 2009, 06:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
haha no the main part of the question is this one
"The other part of the challenge is that i am going to stuying music and music theory in college, the esembles and etc. are usually a jazzy style, and i dont know if my 6-string RG will stand up to the challenge of a jazzy tone. so the question is if i should buy a articore thats around 500, or the 7-string that ill have much more creative flexability with for 399. My budget is around 500 dollars,"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 10 2009, 06:45 AM
marc is so right, but it´s just like Ramiro said. An artcore will probably give you the sound you need the most for now.

And I don´t realy understand, why you realy want a seven string? Your arguments don´t make me want it, if you know what I mean. I would go for a 7 string as the last guitar I´ll buy. 6 Strings are more than enough to make great music smile.gif

This post has been edited by Roadside: Apr 10 2009, 06:45 AM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 10 2009, 06:56 AM
Instructor
Sami Ibanez Artcore looks like a great deal, I would definitely get that !

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 10 2009, 09:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
You already have your RG six string, 7 string as well is not going to give you more flexibility, just more notes! Jazz is a very demanding style and the tone is everything imo, get the artore, its a beautiful guitar and will sound immense and open up a new dimension in your playing.

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Apr 10 2009, 09:30 AM
Instructor
There is also the "fit in" the kind of people of the college.
If they play jazz and you have a 7 string electric guitar you'll be the rocker. As you've painted the situation it seems the Artcore would be the best choice for the sound and to blend with the other students. Although if you don't mind about that you can purchase the 7 string and that's it hehe.
Also it comes to my mind that there are some Washburn 7 string Artcore models that could be around that price maybe, hehe you could get a seven string guitar and an Artcore biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ramiro Delforte: Apr 10 2009, 09:32 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 10 2009, 09:34 AM
That would be the coolest option. You would be a hybrid huh.gif

+Quote Post
Sami
Apr 10 2009, 04:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
good points guys! im leaning more toward the articore now cause i would probably be "respected" more and get more ensemble oppourtunies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 11 2009, 10:58 AM
That´s another important reason for sure. You are going to school, so you want to learn in the best way smile.gif Good luck, whatever decision you make wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:44 PM