StrykerG
Apr 11 2007, 06:46 PM
GMC:er
Hi people,

My name is Kenneth, I'm a 23 year old male from Malta. I've been playing an electric guitar for the past 3 years and i'm not that bad - I can read tabletures and i've been playing solos of guns & roses, metallica, iron maiden, Queen, etc...

The reason I signed up with this site is that I want to learn the theory and the basics of the guitar because I learned it on my own and I'm sure there are things that I do badly.

The most thing i wish to improve though is SPEED. Sometimes I give up playing certain songs just because they are too fast for me - I really hope I can achieve an improvement in my playing speed. Besides I just bought myself an Ibanez presige and want to get the best out of it :)

I've already learned the A minor Pentatonic box and the C major Ionian scale in the first lesson of scales and practicing with them up and down everyday is realy helping me, anyone can suggest how should I continue/practice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by StrykerG: Apr 11 2007, 06:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2007, 07:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (StrykerG @ Apr 11 2007, 01:46 PM) *
Hi people,

My name is Kenneth, I'm a 23 year old male from Malta. I've been playing an electric guitar for the past 3 years and i'm not that bad - I can read tabletures and i've been playing solos of guns & roses, metallica, iron maiden, Queen, etc...

The reason I signed up with this site is that I want to learn the theory and the basics of the guitar because I learned it on my own and I'm sure there are things that I do badly.

The most thing i wish to improve though is SPEED. Sometimes I give up playing certain songs just because they are too fast for me - I really hope I can achieve an improvement in my playing speed. Besides I just bought myself an Ibanez presige and want to get the best out of it smile.gif

I've already learned the A minor Pentatonic box and the C major Ionian scale in the first lesson of scales and practicing with them up and down everyday is realy helping me, anyone can suggest how should I continue/practice?

Welcome!

The absolute key to increasing speed it practice with a metronome - Kris has a lesson on this in the beginners section, thats a great place to start, and also there is a how to practice lesson - both are full of great info on putting together a regular stuctured practice session - if you have any questions just ask us!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
StrykerG
Apr 12 2007, 04:23 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2007, 08:08 PM) *
Welcome!

The absolute key to increasing speed it practice with a metronome - Kris has a lesson on this in the beginners section, thats a great place to start, and also there is a how to practice lesson - both are full of great info on putting together a regular stuctured practice session - if you have any questions just ask us!

Yeah I was thinking about buying a metronome and when I was looking around tring to find a good one I came up with this free software http://www.pinkandaint.com/weirdmet.shtml its really simple and yet very good for its use

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 12 2007, 04:30 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (StrykerG @ Apr 12 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Yeah I was thinking about buying a metronome and when I was looking around tring to find a good one I came up with this free software http://www.pinkandaint.com/weirdmet.shtml its really simple and yet very good for its use

Yep, that's all you need - soon you'll be shredding like a demon smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 12 2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the software tip. Here is another one online for the needy.

Hmmm... edit to put the actual link in. http://www.metronomeonline.com/

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Apr 12 2007, 06:05 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 AM