> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Madkiwi Guitar Diaries
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 09:07 AM
Instructor
Hello my friend smile.gif

This here is your personal thread, in which we will discuss your development ass a guitar player and musician.

I have watched your video and here are some observations:

- you should lower the gain in your tone, as it will allow you to play much cleaner
- we will focus on improving your articulation skills bending and vibrato - as there were pretty much a lot of notes that you haven't reached in pitch.
- the beginning phrase was a bit unclear, due to that pulloff which is not quite clear at the moment.

My suggestion would be to tryout a lot of Bear Rose's beginner lesson as they will help build a strong base for what's to come.

Do we have a deal my friend?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MadKiwi
May 29 2013, 10:26 AM
GMC:er
Thanks Cosmin

Ok I'll have a bit more of a play around with Guitar Rig to get a better tone to hide my lack of muting skills smile.gif

I've done quite quite a bit of bending but never really tried vibrato until a couple of days ago, looks like I have some work to do!

And yes my pulloffs need a lot of work too as you can see. At the moment as I've only been playing a few months my callouses are at a weird stage where the thinner strings sometimes kinda get stuck on the edge between the hard and soft skin which doesn't help. I've only noticed this in the last week or so.

I've had a bit of a look at Bear's beginner series and finding the tunes a lot of fun and great to listen to, so yes we have a deal smile.gif I'll start working on some of them and get another video up soon.

By the way, does my picking technique look ok? Just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks for your help man

- Baden

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! At this point it does, but we will see that later on when the focus will be on it wink.gif

For the time being, please choose your favorite Bear Rose rhythm and lead lessons - one of each and make a recording, focusing on every little detail, because I will be merciless biggrin.gif Kidding, but I want you to progress wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MadKiwi
May 29 2013, 10:41 AM
GMC:er
Cool, that sounds good thanks man.

We are going away for the long weekend here in NZ so I won't have as much practice time as usual but I'll get some vids up probably some time next week. Looking forward to really focusing on the details, I'm trying to do things properly and get things right while I'm still starting out.

Cheers

- Baden

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2013, 08:24 AM
Instructor
That sounds very good mate wink.gif Listen - the most important things that you need to focus on right now, are timing, clean playing, good rhythm and correct articulation, all at a slow tempo but with a natural flow. If you manage to get these things in your pocket, NOTHING will stop you smile.gif So that's why I said: 'focus on the details' wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:37 PM