Need Some Help Choosing My Next Guitar !
bibomoris
Sep 25 2011, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC ! smile.gif
I was thinking of buying another Guitar.
I currently have a Ibanez GRG250DX and thinking of going to a better quality guitar.
If anyone has any reccomendations on any good guitar then that will be great ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Sep 25 2011, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (bibomoris @ Sep 25 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Hey GMC ! smile.gif
I currently have a Ibanez GRG250DX and thinking of going to a better quality guitar.
If anyone has any reccomendations on any good guitar then that will be great ! biggrin.gif

I've played and owned everything from Jacksons, Ibanez, ESPs, Fenders, Gibsons, and Schecters. My absolute fave, by and far was my Schecter CS-1 Elite. IMO, you can't go wrong with the higher end Schecters. But it all boils down to personal choice, the way the guitar feels and plays for you personally. I'd suggest going to a bigger music store and trying out a few that you like first.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 25 2011, 07:27 PM
If i had money i would go for a Jackson King V, or maybe even a Suhr tongue.gif, my recommendation, is for you to go to some kind of, music store next to you and search and try out guitars.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 25 2011, 07:48 PM
Tone Seeker
If you like Ibanez you should buy Prestige series guitars. They're made in Japan and are great.
Also consider second hand guitars.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 25 2011, 07:54 PM
Instructor
Oh I played the Axis sport by Ernie ball. It's a dream guitar for me.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 25 2011, 08:36 PM
Instructor
Do you want similar guitar to what you have now? What is your budget my friend smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Sep 25 2011, 08:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (bibomoris @ Sep 25 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Hey GMC ! smile.gif

Just make sure you play the guitar for a while, put it down and then come back to it on another day and see if you still have the same impression with it. This will help in not making an emotional/spur of the moment decision.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 26 2011, 04:56 AM
Instructor
I think that it depends on how much money do you have to invest and what kind of sound/sounds would you like to get, there is no guitar that can make "every sound", and from my experience you should get a guitar with a sound in mind.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 26 2011, 05:03 AM
Learning Roadie
My opinion mate, is that its mainly based on the sound it will produce for you, and the feel of the neck......try some out when u find one that is perfect for your hands....have a look into getting a 2nd hand model, eBay etc, to save some money....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 26 2011, 05:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I say just go down to your local guitar shop that has the best selection and just play all the guitars that appeal to you. Even play the ones that don't visually appeal to you. Before you play the guitar, don't have any preconceived notions, and just see how you like it. You never know, you may find one that really clicks with you that you probably never thought would.

We can only offer you assistance in telling you if the guitar is good quality or not. All the other options boil down to personal preference. biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2011, 08:33 AM
Instructor
To make a little revision:

1) Think of what styles of music your guitar should be able to handle
2) What matters more: playability or tone?
3) What's your budget?
4) NEVER buy before you try biggrin.gif

I think these are key aspects which should always be taken into consideration!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 26 2011, 01:16 PM
Instructor
Very useful tips here !Choosing a better electric guitar depends on the sound and style you are going for. You can check online resources for users opinions, I recommend Harmony Central for that ! Play many guitars before making your final choice.
When you wrap your hand around the neck and your fingers find the frets you will know when you've made the right choice. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 26 2011, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 26 2011, 08:33 AM) *

3) What's your budget?

+1! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
bibomoris
Sep 26 2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks Alot guys for your help ! i really appreciate it smile.gif
Well My budget is around 700$-850$ Max

Oh And I dont have many guitar shops around me sad.gif
Thats why i wanted what you guys think of some good guitars.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2011, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 26 2011, 04:33 AM) *

3) What's your budget?

Excellent tips!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 27 2011, 12:45 PM
Well, for that sort of budget, if you want something along the lines of your current Ibanez but better, have a look around for an Ibanez Prestige model.
What style(s) do you play/want to play?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 27 2011, 01:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey mate I think this will help you ALOT.......

This is Rob Chappers, (he is quite mad) blink.gif He brings up an entire 'how to guide and tips' on what to watch out for in choosing a guitar, new or second hand....he demonstrates perfectally why its good to test out the guitar yourself.....

Take some time to watch it, you wont regret it wink.gif

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Sep 27 2011, 01:06 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:01 PM