Sony Vegas, Rendering
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 12 2012, 12:12 AM
GMC:er
Hello Everybody!

So I just got my pc setup and that, sorry if anyone I felt I was ignoring them but I've been some some key parts for recordings. I finally got everything running all I'm missing is some headphones so I can record mixes. But on to what I need help with.

I got a copy of Sony Vegas Pro 11, since I've seen the name thrown around a few times on here. As it goes I've edited my video from the DAW and my Flip HD (720p). I rendered it as an AVI and it stutters in play back. I was wondering what a good setting would be for making videos for youtube or in general. Thanks for all your help.

Travis S.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 12 2012, 12:39 AM
Instructor
I'm using adobe premiere now, but I used to have problems like that in vegas,

Try using mp4, it's light and it has good quality

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 12 2012, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 11 2012, 07:39 PM) *

Thanks Daniel, I'm going to try an mp4 setting. If not I'll get Premiere back out, had it on my Mac Mini, so I'm sure its the same on pc! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 12 2012, 01:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Vegas 11 has a setting for internet videos, it renders to MP4 and I highly recommend if you are going to upload to Youtube.

1.) MP4 is native to Youtube, so there a very rarely any synch issues.

2.) Smaller file size means faster upload, and quality is still great.

3.) AVI files in HD can be stupidly huge, and drain serious system memory.

I have a quadcore 3.0ghz with 8GB memory and rendering my Captain Bella Lind video into AVI wasn't even allowed. Vegas always cancelled the operation due to lack of system memory.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 12 2012, 06:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 11 2012, 03:39 PM) *

Premier was on sale recently and I ALMOST bit the bullet and purchased it. What do you think of it so far? How's the learning curve. I fell in love with it based on the showcase vids Adobe posted for it.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Try using Sony AVC codec, it's pretty stable, use progressive scan option, 24 fps. See if it works!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 12 2012, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Yeah ,try AVC Sony/ exporting format Mp4, and set it to 3k or 4k bit rate, it should work fine smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jan 13 2012, 01:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I have Sony Vegas 11 and I use the default Internet setting 640x480 SD (HD Works too, but when final hits youtube I do not see much difference).

I use the capture built into Vegas, it defaults to 60 fps, I always reset to 30 fps.

I also had to make sure that my camera was not doing any sound or light correction. With those off, runs pretty smooth.

Also set PC to run in performance mode.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 13 2012, 02:28 AM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 12 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Premier was on sale recently and I ALMOST bit the bullet and purchased it. What do you think of it so far? How's the learning curve. I fell in love with it based on the showcase vids Adobe posted for it.

I don't do much outside of the shoot a video and then edit my DAW in but I had no issues with Premier at all, pretty straight forward. It almost feels like Photoshop when using it. I'm not really having any issue editing with Vegas after I learned the magical "S" button. laugh.gif It just splits the files so I can delete them. I think Premier and Vegas for what I've done are pretty similar and neither are hard to use for the basics.

I just had a hard time getting it to render/export to what I wanted. I did what everyone pretty much said, Sony codec and made an mp4 and I had no issue what so ever.

As for my pc I'm not worried about not having enough memory/power I'm running an 3.60 ghz octo-core with 8g of ram.

I also want to say thank you everyone for the advice you have bestowed upon me! biggrin.gif

With all the frustration from getting it setup and lack of caring in my playing. The video itself came out great, next time I'll have to put effort into my playing instead of just picking up the guitar and trying to diddly-diddly-wee some random sloppiness together.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:40 PM