Why Did You Start To Play ?
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 20 2008, 02:07 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
In what circumstances did you come up with idea of playing the instrument, why ? What was the initial spark that made you do it ? Any particular reason ? wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Smikey2006
Feb 20 2008, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
I always wanted to be a drummer when i was about 10. My neighbor played drums alot and 1 day my parents asked if i wanted to go and see his drums. I said no ( being a shy kid ) My parents didn't see this as being shy they saw it as showing no interest in drums so instead they bought me a fender strat pack smile.gif really at this time it was sorta forced upon me (they wanted me to take up piano years earlier but i didn't) so i started playing guitar for a while.. then i stopped and just a couple of years ago i picked it up again smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 20 2008, 04:34 AM
Jimi Hendrix.

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 20 2008, 04:36 AM
Learning Roadie
I started with the guitar about 8-9 months ago because guitar solos are never long enough for me. So I am going to do my own....heh!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Feb 20 2008, 04:39 AM
Because I want to be the the fifth top guitar player in the world tongue.gif

I was getting into metal music and started to travel around the U.S. So with nothing else to do with my time I started playing the guitar.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 20 2008, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Iron Maiden, (I supose... )

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 20 2008, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)... he looked so cool in that Smells like teen spirit-video biggrin.gif
And that was reason enough for me laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 20 2008, 08:29 AM
Master of Puppets.
Thank you Kirk.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 20 2008, 09:32 AM
Singing Instructor
so I would not become drug diller or some thing like that...my mom insitsted biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 20 2008, 10:06 AM
Iron Maiden + My dad.

But then after 4 years of playing crap, my dad showed me artists like Hendrix, Johnny Winter and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Then I really wanted to start playing for real, and not just power chords. So I started googling for guitar lessons and I found GMC. Hurray.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Feb 20 2008, 10:14 AM
um, well one of the main reasons why i started playing was because i like the indentity guitarist gets these day wink.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 20 2008, 10:16 AM
Lets go fishing!

I wanted a big challenge in my life. I NEED a challenge, something to sink my teeth into and to keep my brain busy wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 20 2008, 10:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
My older brother started to play Bass guitar and was playing in a band, I took up drums coz I wanted to be in a band too, after moving to a different area where it was impossible to practice my drums I picked up the guitar and never looked back since, so I guess it was really because of my brother that I really started to play smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 20 2008, 10:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
For me there is a very long story behind it, first off all i growed up with Music, my dad plays a string instrument, when i was little i had a little synthesizer where i played on, but then i didnt do anything with music for a long time, and then when i was on school i had a friend that invited me to beatboxing and hiphop breakdancing etc, so my music life has begon, practicing for beatboxing and breakdancing .. without any lessons i was very good at it, i gigged i went to battle's, but that time wasnt for long i think 2/3 years ? and then one day i was chilling with some friends and we went to buy some weed and smoke, that day was a very bad day for me, i had an overdosis of weed, so i had a blackout, my heart was bumping like there was a little stone in it, and it hurted so bad, i was scared and thought i had a heartattack, well i needed weeks and weeks to come over again, everytime i had nightmares and couldnt sleep, stopped with sporting, and so my school went bad.. at that time my mom bought a guitar for my little brother his birthday, it was a very cheap classic guitar thing, but my little brother didnt play the guitar so i was constantly in my room, one day i pickup the guitar ( my guitar life was begon LOL ) and just played something... just something.. everything that wont remind me to the situation that i had about that blackout, and i was relaxed, i really became very relaxed just because i was so busy with playing ( nothing ), then oneday a friend of mine sended a video of Steve Vai ( Tender Surrender ) and from that day i said .. wow O.O i want an electric guitar and want to play like that, and in 1 week i had my first electric guitar, and from that day to now, im very proud for what ive learned all the 3,5 years now smile.gif and i still want to go further and learn with GMC and im so happy to be here smile.gif

Well this was a shorted story why i begon playing, because its make me feel relaxing smile.gif

Ekrem

This post has been edited by visi0n: Feb 20 2008, 10:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 20 2008, 11:15 AM
Instructor
I was 11 or 12, and heard a Metallica song and i just instantly wanted to play that. Managed to get my hands on a Big Sound strat-copy and a 15" Squier amp shortly after smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 20 2008, 11:20 AM
Well, let's see... I honestly never ever listened to any music before I was like on 9th grade in comprehensive school.... It started with Finnish radio-pop, but after a little while I grew a little tired of it and began to search for something different. Then I was watching the Simpsons... The episode where Bart and Lisa get stranded with their whole classes on a field trip... Their on the school bus on a bridge, Milhouses grapefruit gets stuck under the brake pedal and squirts some juice on Otto's eyes... So they accidentally(ofcourse) drive off the bridge... Otto says "Don't worry little dudes, I'll swim for help!" then Otto get's taken by the current and yells out loud "ZEPPELIN RULEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!". laugh.gif

I thank to myself: "Does it really?" huh.gif , went to youtube, watched some Zeppelin vids and oh god how it did... cool.gif
The interest had began...

Later I heard my little brother play enter sandman intro on acoustic(For some reason back then I thought it would be really hard) and thank to myself "If it's not that hard, maybe even I, just an ordinary kid from Finland, a kid who had no talent in anything, a kid who hated everything in his life, a kid with a beatles style hair, a kid with the worst acne ever, a kid with the fattest fingers around, a kid with no interest in anything, could give it a go!"

And Attached Image it changed my life man!Attached Image it changed it forever!Attached Image... I love you guysAttached ImageAttached Image

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Feb 20 2008, 11:21 AM

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 12:18 PM
Kurt Cobain. When I was growing up he was awesome inspiration to become a guitarist. He wasn't the greatest but he put everything into his songs and guitaring and wrote amazingly catchy songs.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 20 2008, 12:36 PM
I think I just wanted something to do smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 20 2008, 03:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I was listening to the Beatles and I wanted to play an instrument in a band so badly...I went through some until I settled on bass wink.gif I just got a bug for bass one summer holiday (I was listening to bass lines in songs instead of global thing) and when I got back home I bought one smile.gif For me there is no more beautiful thing than playing with a friends in a band and trying to accomplish some dreams that way wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 20 2008, 03:43 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 20 2008, 02:42 PM) *
I was listening to the Beatles and I wanted to play an instrument in a band so badly...I went through some until I settled on bass wink.gif I just got a bug for bass one summer holiday (I was listening to bass lines in songs instead of global thing) and when I got back home I bought one smile.gif For me there is no more beautiful thing than playing with a friends in a band and trying to accomplish some dreams that way wink.gif

You were starting to sound like Bryan Adams by the end lol biggrin.gif. "We had a band and we tried real hard" biggrin.gif Summer of 69 I wanted to play as well because it's the cheesiest song ever.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:57 AM