Hi Everyone!
zeus
Nov 7 2011, 09:23 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I'm new here. I recently decided to become more serious about my music. I created a website to provide a "resume" for prospective bands. I have had a few auditions, but nothing has worked out so far. Anyway, I was wondering if you could check out my website - www.zeusonguitar.com - under the "music" section and listen to my 2 songs.Their names are "{erfect Red" and "Savior." Please give me feedback. I understand that they may not have the best technique you've ever heard, so please be honest in your assessment. I really appreciate it and look forward to improving my skill through this website!

Zeus
www.zeusonguitar.com

ps - I've also included them in this post. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  red.mp3 ( 2.46MB ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  Savior.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 145

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2011, 10:50 AM
Instructor
Hey Zeus, welcome to GMC ! cool.gif

I like your approach of putting yourself forward as an available guitarist with your own site, it definitely makes you look like more of a good prospective member to any band.

I enjoyed your playing and the one thing stood out was your tone.. it's very thick and warm, I like it a lot. There was nothing wrong with any of your technique to me.. the only thing that was awkward to my ears was your choice of scales in a couple of places in Perfect Red. I couldn't tell you where they are because there's no visual timeline while the song plays.. but to describe it, it sounds like your playing minor pentatonic licks that applies only the the chord that's behind it, but not to the overall progression. It's hard to describe but I'll give it a go:

If you have a chord progression like this: E5, C5, G5, D5 then in theory the Em scale would work all over those chords because all those chords are made up of notes that are within that scale.. but if you were to get to the D5 chord (for example) and then play Dm Pentatonic it would sound out of context .

I'm not brilliant at theory but I wonder if one of the other instructors could explain it better for me ?

In terms of playing though, all the ingredients are there.. passion, tone, intent ! Very cool cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 7 2011, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man. I think your playing and technique is very good, you are excellent player and pretty good composer.Very cool tone as well.

Like Ben said, there is some usage of minor pentatonic scale here and there for some of the licks/runs, while handling melody mostly with major pentatonic scale. This is nice combo, as minor will give you bluesy feel, but remember to mix them more naturally, and to follow chordal notes slightly better with major pentatonic scale.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 7 2011, 12:54 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 7 2011, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate and Welcome to the site ! smile.gif

I listen to your demos and I like your ideas! Ben gave you some good guidelines how to improvise in certain progressions and I think that you will not be a problem to experiment a bit more about it!

Demo "Red" : the second guitar (third) doesn't fit the best, because the harmonic tone C#, which you play, that's the tone of A major third, while in the background you have a D5. The two solutions - either change the chord at that point in the A5, or play C tone instead of C #, and you'll get a clean minor tertiary, which is much more pleasant to the ear. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 8 2011, 07:17 PM
Instructor
Hi! thanks for sharing your demos!

I think it sounds on time and raw! I like the riffing,

I think the leads need a bit of work in the vibrato still. Make sure you define the original pitch very well before moving outside of it when doing vibrato or bends. You have to come back to the original tone otherwise it's gonna sound a bit out of tune.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
zeus
Nov 10 2011, 08:06 AM
GMC:er
Thank you all for your feedback. I'll try to incorporate that into my next recording.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2011, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Hey zeus biggrin.gif mightiest of the Greek gods! Your playing sounds tight! I would work on the dynamics a bit more aside from what the guys already observed! Try to give your songs a non linear approach by using more rhythmic variations!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:32 PM