Recording Studio Stuff: Diy Keyboard Desk/stand
bobg
Jul 9 2013, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
Here are 2-photos of my new Keyboard Stand/Desk Design I just finished building this afternoon.
Although I haven't put pencil to paper, it looks like I spent (only) about $40 on materials for the Stand/Desk.
I went this design route as I write Trombone Performance Exercises as well as Music and Words generally so having this Music Rack will help me tremendously. I took about 80 photos during the design and build process and hope to get some DIY Build Plans written some time this century.

The monitors are sitting on 8-inch square sections of this incredibly thick, heavy and dense rubberized outdoor flooring I found at Lowes. ($5 for each 16" X 16" piece.) I may glue some thick steel plates on top of each to emulate in some small part what the Primacoustic Recoil Pads can do.

Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 9 2013, 08:59 PM
Very nice!!!
smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 26 2013, 12:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very nice stand. Love how the monitor stands are incorporated in the design smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 26 2013, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Looks very stylish and affordable smile.gif Nice work smile.gif

+Quote Post
malcom
Apr 6 2020, 10:16 PM
Hello

Very nice work and very original. wink.gif
Your use of cleats (including the largest for the base of the furniture) is very well thought out and should greatly facilitate the design: If I'm not mistaken, a single cutting tool must be able to put each piece of wood at the right length .

The incorporation of monitoring speakers is very well thought out. After my long research of DIY furniture for my piano, it is by far the one that I find the most interesting for me. I am not a great handyman but I will try to draw inspiration from your piano stand to make mine.
Would it be possible for you to tell me the tools you used to design it, and the number of boards you needed?
It could greatly help me to make mine.
malcom

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2020, 05:03 AM
Super congrats and well done!! Can you replace the sheet music with a computer monitor so that you can use digital sheet music and record yourself in to a DAW? Do you have a audio interface? It looks like your just one step from a full recording setup!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 8 2020, 06:19 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Nice job. Simple, inexpensive and effective design, and it looks really nice. I also like how you incorporated the monitor stands. One thing that may make a nice modification would be the ability to swivel the surface that the monitors sit on so you could aim them more directly to you. Maybe not necessary but might be a cool option. Maybe repurpose some swivel barstool seats or try to find a similar type of bearing that you could add a wood surface to and incorporate. I say repurpose barstool seats because I am looking at some that I have with a flat surface that would work very easily without much modification to your design at all. The swivel and seat top would simply fasten directly to your monitor stands surface. How is it for stability? No cross bracing or corner bracing needed? Or are they under the keyboard where we can't see them?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 8 2020, 06:33 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 10 2020, 08:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Good Job!

I've been looking at studio desks for my new space once it's finished. They ain't cheap!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:24 AM