Pitch Is An Area Not A Place
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2021, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Rick Beato talking about how Auto Tune sorta destroyed modern music. He does sorta sound like the crust old studio cat here but he also does nail it on the head. What do you guys think?

for more check out this lesson on PITCH CONTROL!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...control-lesson/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 19 2021, 03:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 19 2021, 05:14 PM
He's not wrong but Christ, talk about "late to the party".
At this point bitching about Autotune is fake news.
*I'm pretty much over the whole Rick Beato thing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 19 2021, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2021, 08:19 PM
I was sharing it more for the perfect pitch idea than the auto tune but you are spot on. It's a bit late in the game for him to be moaning about auto tune. I get a lot out of most of his vids, but it does seem that youtube is feeding me a TON of beato vids on my start page for some reason. so much so that I get a wad of his old vids every time I go to my youtube start page. Is it just me? or are you guys seeing the same?

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 19 2021, 12:14 PM) *
He's not wrong but Christ, talk about "late to the party".
At this point bitching about Autotune is fake news.
*I'm pretty much over the whole Rick Beato thing.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 19 2021, 09:09 PM
I suggest going for the basic tools instead of pro stuff like melodyne etc. for vocals. They're "pro" cause can fix/modify extreme stuff.

Mautopitch for example is a great freeware, basic interface and good sound for subtle usage. In fact, the subtle coloration it (or similar plug-ins) gives often helps the vocal glue in the mix in a neat way.

Vocalists can get very egoist when you want to use auto-tune, so when I explain my gluing reasoning and after a quick comparison listen often they're surprised.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 19 2021, 10:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Whenever I use auto-tune I don't use it to correct all notes, just sort of the "quick" tool to correct a bit of pitch, still keep it relatively "human" etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:09 PM