Best/worst Names For A Pick Up
korblitz
Jul 18 2013, 11:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
What do you guys think about this PRS pickup name \m/?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2013, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I can't help you. It's the first time I see it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2013, 03:17 PM
GMC:er

If you like ceramic magnet pickups wound hot, this probably a fine choice for any PRS. It's sure to fit properly and it's wound in house so it's a custom pickup which is a bit of a bonus.

QUOTE (korblitz @ Jul 18 2013, 06:30 AM) *

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 18 2013, 03:21 PM
I think korblitz asked 'bout the pickup name, not about actual pickup wub.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 18 2013, 03:22 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 18 2013, 04:34 PM
Instructor
"Invader" from SD? How can the pickup invade anything tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 18 2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah how do you even write that on keyboard tongue.gif

soundwise, I'd guess it will be a bit bright as probably they designed it thinking on mahogany guitars. Hot pickups with "heavy" guitars usually makes too much mud but this might come out to be a good solution for some...

Edit; Saw the price, no way I'd pay that much for a pickup tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 18 2013, 06:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 18 2013, 06:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
For cool sounding names...... my vote would be the 'Hot Slag' pickup smile.gif
closely followed by the hammer head which looks kinda cool.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 18 2013, 08:47 PM
That has to be the weirdest name for, not only a pickup, for anything mellow.gif also the pricetag huh.gif

I really like the name "Nazgul" from Seymour Duncan, probably because I love the Lord of The Rings trilogy laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 18 2013, 11:16 PM
The motherbucker. Hands down the best named pickup

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 19 2013, 01:41 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (korblitz @ Jul 18 2013, 10:30 AM) *

I think it is a clever name... if it sounds good and lives up to the \m/. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 19 2013, 02:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
I have Tesla pickups on my guitar. They're a new brand by they're catching on quickly. Here is the model I have:

http://www.teslapickups.com/?products=vr-nitro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 19 2013, 09:16 AM
How about the WORST NAMES?

Seymour Duncan JEFF BECK. I personally love the sound of it, but can't stand that name - JB.

Also think that EMG 81 are worst sounding pickups with worst name. Why should i pick up the name with 81 - since i don't like that year? WHy there ain't EMG 83 or 66 wink.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 19 2013, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 08:16 AM) *

Seymour Duncan JEFF BECK. I personally love the sound of it, but can't stand that name - JB.

Also think that EMG 81 are worst sounding pickups with worst name. Why should i pick up the name with 81 - since i don't like that year? WHy there ain't EMG 83 or 66 wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif JB hahahah good one tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 19 2013, 05:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 08:16 AM) *

What do You want from Jeff Beck Slav ?tongue.gif I know he's a wort metal player ever but that's not a reason to hate his pickup biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:47 PM