2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Opeth Track
bleez
Aug 2 2016, 04:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqijfqecvA

spoiler alert .... its awesome biggrin.gif
Their new album cannot be released soon enough.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2016, 09:17 AM
Instructor
That main riff is glorious isn't it?

Chug, chug, chug,chug... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 3 2016, 09:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 3 2016, 09:17 AM) *
That main riff is glorious isn't it?

Chug, chug, chug,chug... biggrin.gif

yes indeed, nothing finer than a glorious chug smile.gif
the guitars sound really low as well. Its all occulty and 70s - ish..... all those things are great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 3 2016, 10:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Rhaaaaa. Opeth

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 3 2016, 11:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Gonna sound like an old school Opeth fan boy here, but I still prefer their old stuff smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 4 2016, 02:37 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I'm pretty stoked to hear the new Opeth. The new track sounds better with each listen!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 4 2016, 10:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 3 2016, 08:53 AM) *
yes indeed, nothing finer than a glorious chug smile.gif
the guitars sound really low as well. Its all occulty and 70s - ish..... all those things are great!

A lot of people are dissing the mix but I really like the wishy washy, slightly chorus-y sound of the guitars. Most people treat lower tunings with oodles of gain and typical deathy tones but I think this sound works great!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 3 2016, 10:24 AM) *
Gonna sound like an old school Opeth fan boy here, but I still prefer their old stuff smile.gif

Ghost Reveries for me.. interested to hear what this new album will be like though

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 4 2016, 11:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Ghost Reveries for me.. interested to hear what this new album will be like though

Ghost Reveries Rocks !!!!!!!

as i have understand , Opeth seem to do a TIC TAC habits, i mean on album is peacefully and cool, then the next is agressive, next coll etc....

the next one seem to be agressive non ? if i follow my mind...

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 4 2016, 04:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think my favorite is Morningrise, as that was the first one I heard smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 6 2016, 03:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Blackwater Park is my personal favorite followed closely by Still Life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 6 2016, 04:48 PM) *
Blackwater Park is my personal favorite followed closely by Still Life.

I was close to naming Blackwater Park too, as it's a great album, but I think just out of nostalgia Morningrise got the 1st place for me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 6 2016, 04:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
blackwater park or ghost reveries or pale communion......... . either one of those could be my favourite album smile.gif
moon above sun below from 'Pale' is one of the most perfect songs Ive heard. I wish I could write a song like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 04:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 6 2016, 05:15 PM) *
blackwater park or ghost reveries or pale communion......... . either one of those could be my favourite album smile.gif
moon above sun below from 'Pale' is one of the most perfect songs Ive heard. I wish I could write a song like that.

It's funny, I've never really been a great fan of growling, but when it comes to Opeth, I prefer their old growly stuff, rather than their newer stuff, which seems different smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 6 2016, 04:44 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2016, 03:10 PM) *
I was close to naming Blackwater Park too, as it's a great album, but I think just out of nostalgia Morningrise got the 1st place for me smile.gif

Can't go wrong with Morningrise. That was the first Opeth album I heard as well. The fretless bass on that album gave it the most unique sound. Still Life used to be my favorite (especially when it was new) but I think Blackwater has aged the best, IMHO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 6 2016, 05:44 PM) *
Can't go wrong with Morningrise. That was the first Opeth album I heard as well. The fretless bass on that album gave it the most unique sound. Still Life used to be my favorite (especially when it was new) but I think Blackwater has aged the best, IMHO.

It certainly has aged well, without a doubt. For me what made Opeth Opeth was the sound on their first handful of albums. When they started experimenting they still made good music, of course, but to me they lost what made them them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 6 2016, 04:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 6 2016, 03:15 PM) *

Ghost Reveries is my favorite post Blackwater album by far. smile.gif Moon Above is my favorite from Pale Communion. Pale Communion took a while to grow on me but I do like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 23 2016, 08:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thrVflIc05I

Yup! Im liking this a lot. Killer solo as well @ 2:37 ish.
Next week for the new album biggrin.gif Im getting all fangirly at the prospect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2016, 10:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 23 2016, 07:44 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thrVflIc05I

Yup! Im liking this a lot. Killer solo as well @ 2:37 ish.
Next week for the new album biggrin.gif Im getting all fangirly at the prospect.

Yeah, Akesson is killing it here. I always thought he was an excellent addition

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 1 2016, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
damn, this new album ohmy.gif Its a monster.
Ive only had the chance to playthrough it a couple of times so far but its most def a big beastly monster. I actually had to adjust the EQ on my stereo as soon as Sorceress kicked in because it was like thunder! usually I can play most of my albums with much the same settings.
some of the riffs are just heavy as shit and the guitar tones are amazing.
such a good album biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Oct 1 2016, 07:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 5 2016, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
hi

i have buyed this album this afternoon, and i catualy listen it with good quality speakers and amplifier (onkyo amp and Cabasse sloop M4 speakers)
and it sound totaly different than the first listening on youtube.......

a very good album !!!

Good job Mickael !!!

Laurent

Edit: Strange Brew is awesome !!!!!!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 5 2016, 07:11 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:19 AM