Boss Gt8, Boss Gt8
Fernando Culen
Apr 25 2011, 03:59 AM
GMC:er
Hello!! I created this topic to talk about the Boss Gt8 guitar processor!
I use to use it for record and play in my concerts! It`s not a easy pedal at the begining but if you work the sound it`s amazing!
if you need help whit this pedalboard put your question here! And if you want to show me your sound let me know!!
I wait for your posts! Cheers!!!

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjbaaKOwJ9A (marty friedman)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Web: www.fernandoculen.com.ar
BandWeb: www.acidrain.com.ar
Myspace: www.myspace.com/strangefuckinggweek
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 25 2011, 06:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got a GT-10, and it takes a lot to get a good metal tone from it. You got any recommendations?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 25 2011, 10:22 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Try here Mudbone smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 25 2011, 10:31 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Apr 25 2011, 05:22 AM) *
Try here Mudbone smile.gif

Thanks Tony biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 25 2011, 12:59 PM
Instructor
It takes some time in creating a hi-gain tone out of GT8, but I think it's possible to do it. However, I think the best tone quality will be only if GT8 is used directly into mixer with cab emulation turned on. There are couple of more things while we're on the subject:

If you then amplify the PA system a bit (to be as loud as a full stack on stage for example) and if the PA is powerful enough that you have lots of headroom, you can create a feel similar to flexibility of the headroom on guitar amps.

I would say at least 1KW of power is needed on the poweramps of the PA system, so you can use them around half of the power to increase headroom. Then you can get a big sound. Then you can start tweaking the GT8 in order to create something realistic to what you would hear from a guitar cab for example (don't forget that cabs can usually handle 200-400W, 500-1000W in peaks).

With such big amplification, GT8 (as as digital B-class device) will create some noise. Such digital and analog noise inside the pedal can be tamed with gate. All the subtle nuances of the digital emulation will then be heard nicely, and the sound will get punchy character that you simply cannot get on low wattage home speakers, with small cone diameters.

Good pickups and having Friedman as a player on the guitar helps in creating the sound too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 25 2011, 01:01 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fernando Culen
Apr 25 2011, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
My recomendations are:
1 - it`complicated to get a good metal audio, so don`t broke anything when you mind explote haha. I have this pedalboard since 2007, and in 2009 i got my first good patch.
2 - I prefer to use it in the line/phones out. If you do a amplifier i recomend to use the loop section of the amp and dont use the pre of the amp.Doing that the preamp similutaion work alone, if you use the input of the amp, turn off the pre of the gt. For me this kind of pedals (gt8, line 6) are so much better when work without an amplifier. i had tested it in a lot of amps and i discovered that the sound it`s cool only when you use it in the line out.
When i record, set the system in Line/phones out, and i use the preamp simulation.
3 - Set up the speaker configuration, the sounds really change.
4 - Some very important is to use the Fx Chain, some fx like the Whammy, wha wha are at the end of the chain. I like to put this kind of fx fisrt and then a pedal distorsion, the pream and more.
Cherrs! laugh.gif

--------------------
Web: www.fernandoculen.com.ar
BandWeb: www.acidrain.com.ar
Myspace: www.myspace.com/strangefuckinggweek

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:28 AM