Another Question About Video Recording On A Mac...
Spock
Apr 27 2013, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
Okay, well, I've finally worked out the video except for one thing. I can capture the video just fine but what is happening is with 2 of the recording programs I have the audio is capturing my guitar only, even though I my audio is coming through my DAW, not the backing track which I have playing in Logic or Garageband. Another program captures the audio from the speakers to the mic, so it sounds distant.

It's like the audio input, being the Line6 HD500 is the only audio and the video recording program is capturing the input before it goes to my DAW so not capturing both tracks (backing and guitar) out of the DAW.

Ideally, I would like the video to be captured by the camera, and the audio to be captured out of the DAW.

Make sense? BTW, I'm using a new iMac.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
VilleFIN
Apr 27 2013, 02:03 PM
Tone Seeker
Well, that sounds complicated huh.gif

My method is I put backing track on Reaper (daw) and load my solo patch in the next track.
Then I set my video camera.

Next I press record on video camera and after that I hit record on Reaper. After few good takes, press stop on both (daw & Vid camera)

Now you have the video and audio track for editing. I'm using Mac too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 27 2013, 02:04 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 27 2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your reply WeePee. I don't have Reaper, though I assume it would be the same process no matter what the DAW, I guess ideally there would be a way in the programs preferences to capture both audio sources at once, everything that comes out of the speakers in captured at the same time as the camera. I'm sure it's possible, I just haven't dug in the right places or I'm phrasing my search wrong.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 27 2013, 04:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 27 2013, 12:05 PM) *
Okay, well, I've finally worked out the video except for one thing. I can capture the video just fine but what is happening is with 2 of the recording programs I have the audio is capturing my guitar only, even though I my audio is coming through my DAW, not the backing track which I have playing in Logic or Garageband. Another program captures the audio from the speakers to the mic, so it sounds distant.

It's like the audio input, being the Line6 HD500 is the only audio and the video recording program is capturing the input before it goes to my DAW so not capturing both tracks (backing and guitar) out of the DAW.

Ideally, I would like the video to be captured by the camera, and the audio to be captured out of the DAW.

Make sense? BTW, I'm using a new iMac.

try opening the mixer for the line6 and mute the inout your guitar is going into. i use a maudio profire. and the same thing happens to me. all i have to do is mute the output on the interface mixer only on each channel going out,(1and2 for headphones, and 3and4 for monitors) then just leave the mixer in your daw to control the volume, and your web cam has a option to use the built in mic, turn that off to

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 27 2013, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 27 2013, 05:03 PM
Okay thanks - I'll see if I can work that option. That was one thing I couldn't find was a "preferences" for the camera to turn off the built in mic

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:35 AM