My Rgt42dx (do You Have A Cheap Guitar That You Love?)
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2021, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
This guitar is NOT mij, it's not a prestige. It's a Korean build with the dreaded INF pickups. However, I'm so glad to have this back in my stable of guitars. i love the mahogany wood body, the NECK THROUGH design is something found in much more expensive guitars. It was only made in this color for a couple of years over a decade ago. Perhaps best of all, this guitar was under $500. Ever since the covid price inflation, I've been on a hunt for a good ibby value. I found this and it's the second RGT42 I bought this year but I sent the other one back as the frets were worn flat.

Info from the ibby wiki

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RGT42
The RGT42DX is an RG series solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez in 2005. It replaced the RGT42.

The RGT42DX features a neck-through-body construction with mahogany body wings on a maple and walnut neck with a 24-fret bound rosewood fingerboard with sharktooth position markers. Components include dual Ibanez infinity humbucking pickups and a double locking tremolo bridge and a locking nut.

In 2007, the Edge Pro II tremolo was replaced with the Edge III. In 2009, production moved from Korea to Indonesia. A new finish for 2010 is Iron Pewter Flat, which was available only in Japan.

The RGT42DX was discontinued after 2010.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

*Here is Mr. Ben Higgins with a lesson about Death Metal an spiff lead bits. using his Ibby

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Death-Metal-Satch-Vai/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 3 2021, 02:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 4 2021, 02:45 PM
My Chinese Squier 'Cyclone'. Sub $400 US delivered and including tax.
I have a few cheap guitars that I dig because they're specialized (my two Teiscos) but I wouldn't call them "good" guitars. The Cylone is an honest to god 'good' guitar regardless of the price or country of origin.
*Can't seem to post a pic with just my phone (android).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jul 4 2021, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2021, 11:55 PM
I've yet to find a guitar under $500 new that I would use the word "Good" on, but I'm sure one exists somewhere, I just haven't played it smile.gif I do find that I've been able to hunt down a couple of sub $500 used guitars that I'd call 'good" like this one and my recently garnered S470. This guitar was $900 new and that was 10 years ago!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 4 2021, 09:45 AM) *
My Chinese Squier 'Cyclone'. Sub $400 US delivered and including tax.
I have a few cheap guitars that I dig because they're specialized (my two Teiscos) but I wouldn't call them "good" guitars. The Cylone is an honest to god 'good' guitar regardless of the price or country of origin.
*Can't seem to post a pic with just my phone (android).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:26 PM