4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Desert Bus Collab !, I was bullied into it by 2 Europeans....
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 10 2013, 11:11 AM
GMC:er
Here's my video Bennie. Unfortunately i forgot this is video collab wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2013, 12:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 10 2013, 01:58 AM) *
Now that I think of it, I believe that little voice may have had a german or finnish accent. wink.gif

That's always the way isn't it ?? cool.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 10 2013, 11:11 AM) *

Thanks man !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 10 2013, 12:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 10 2013, 02:58 AM) *
"This is the one, do it now!" biggrin.gif Now that I think of it, I believe that little voice may have had a german or finnish accent. wink.gif

Did it sound like "Zis is ze wan, do it nau!"? biggrin.gif

The finnish and ze german guy became so powerful here...someday, they are gonna get mad with power! Hahahaha!!! Muahahahaha!!

On a serious note, it is a great take Gary and it is great that you finally took part in a collab!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2013, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 10 2013, 12:53 PM) *
Did it sound like "Zis is ze wan, do it nau!"? biggrin.gif

The finnish and ze german guy became so powerful here...someday, they are gonna get mad with power! Hahahaha!!! Muahahahaha!!

I'm not sure how I feel about increasingly powerful Europeans making Ze Decisions behind closed doors ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2013, 02:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2013, 04:05 PM) *
Excellent, grabbed the vid - thanks T-Master !

Well hot, diggedy damn !!!!!!

I am honoured that you chose my humble piece to lay down your first ever collab ass kicking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice work - the Phrygian vibe works perfectly as you and H4H have shown !!

Ok, so I think the only things I will need now are

- AK Rich's takes
- Slav's video

cool.gif

The master strikes again
One more cherry for Ben

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 10 2013, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2013, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 10 2013, 02:33 PM) *
The master strikes again
One more cherry for Ben

Another notch on my Temple Wall !

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 10 2013, 07:09 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2013, 07:05 AM) *
Excellent, grabbed the vid - thanks T-Master !

Well hot, diggedy damn !!!!!!

I am honoured that you chose my humble piece to lay down your first ever collab ass kicking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice work - the Phrygian vibe works perfectly as you and H4H have shown !!

Ok, so I think the only things I will need now are

- AK Rich's takes
- Slav's video

cool.gif

Hey Ben, Unfortunately I haven't been able to make the time to get this wrapped up on my end so don't let me hold you up on the mix man. It doesn't look like I am gonna be able to join the party this this time. Great takes everyone! Catch on the next go around hopefully.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 11 2013, 09:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 10 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Hey Ben, Unfortunately I haven't been able to make the time to get this wrapped up on my end so don't let me hold you up on the mix man. It doesn't look like I am gonna be able to join the party this this time. Great takes everyone! Catch on the next go around hopefully.

Oh...... no Alaskan fury ??? sad.gif

Ok Rich... we'll bravely march on without you.... reluctantly smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Aug 12 2013, 05:06 PM
This is really AWESOME Gary, well played sir! Glad to see you in your first collab!

I expect there will be more?

No need to be scared, Ben is the one receiving all of the threats, so he's taking care of that for you... wink.gif

QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 9 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Thank you so much Todd! I have enjoyed your chats so much & really feel I am getting a lot out of those lessons. Curses on work for getting in the way of the rest of the amazing instructor's chats.

I love the way you & Rich put it about a solo needing to tell a story. That makes so much sense.

Oh no! The honour is completely mine! I knew right away this bt had the perfect vibe to get me started in collabs. And then Todd devoted an entire lesson to it, which was exactly the kick in the pants I needed. That's when that little voice in the back of my head said, "This is the one, do it now!" biggrin.gif Now that I think of it, I believe that little voice may have had a german or finnish accent. wink.gif

Passing this first hurdle is a huge accomplishment for me! All the GMC'ers do such amazing professional styled solos in these collabs that it's intimidating to submit my humble take. But now that I've done this one, the next one won't be near as scarey. Thanks so much! smile.gif

Is this really happening??

or rather, not happening?

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 10 2013, 02:09 PM) *

I always get the feeling there was a animal sacrificed at the crossroads sometime before Slav does his collab takes... wink.gif

I believe sir, you are the only man I know who could even make Mary Had A Little Lamb sound devilish!

Good one my friend!!!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 10 2013, 06:11 AM) *

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 12 2013, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Aug 12 2013, 04:06 PM) *
I believe sir, you are the only man I know who could even make Mary Had A Little Lamb sound devilish!

He would sacrifice the poor creature! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 13 2013, 08:49 AM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Aug 12 2013, 06:06 PM) *
I always get the feeling there was a animal sacrificed at the crossroads sometime before Slav does his collab takes... wink.gif

Good one my friend!!!

Thank you my friend (no sir : cool.gif ) , everything to maintain true spirit of heavy metal ! It would be pretty odd to sound like bees and flies

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 12 2013, 07:44 PM) *
He would sacrifice the poor creature! ph34r.gif

I would sacrifice it for the Hunger-sake !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 13 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 13 2013, 08:49 AM) *
I would sacrifice it for the Hunger-sake !

A man's gotta eat ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 13 2013, 02:18 PM
Instructor
And here is the final result, gentlemen !! cool.gif

WeePee - Love this take. Really nice note choices.. it does what bluesy solos are meant to do in my opinion, which is to sound COOL. And yours does exactly that !

H4H - Another classic from you. Great variation and note choice. Love the repeating high motifs at the end.. and that little bit of classical vibrato - very neatly done. The chromatic picking is a great finisher.

Blister - Hell yeah, well done once again for your 1st collab entry. You've made a grand entrance, taking the exotic phrygian direction of H4H as well. The timing is great, the pacing is great. As you get even better you'll start to introduce more variation with some busier sections alongside the slower ones - great work !

Slav - Nice touch with the rhythm guitar crunch. It raises the heaviness of the piece nicely. You chose to keep it pentatonic and it works great - the pentatonic is a humble scale but a very effective scale, it can do everything we need it to do and more.

The Hef - Awesome appearance from Ze German. And you're getting SO close to finally nailing that Crazy Train riff !! biggrin.gif

Todd - Always a pleasure to have you onboard my man. Hope you don't mind me injecting my humour into your name. I've said before it's how I always imagine you should be announced - with total attitude !

Me - I'll talk a little about what I did with my solo. I wanted to use the flat5th and major 3rd combo that George Lynch does so well. The simple D root note gave me free reign to choose either minor or major tonality. After a while of messing around with those intervals I realised that it was turning into the D Diminished scale. So that scale ended up providing the base for my solo. In some places I just totally go off piste and just ad lib some chromatic 'outside tones' and hope for the best ;P So that's what's behind the sound of my take.

Well done to everyone involved, this was an ass kicker ! Here's hoping the AK can get on the next one too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Aug 13 2013, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 13 2013, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Congrats everyone! Guitarrero's suit is .... I simply can't find the words laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 13 2013, 02:40 PM
Awesome collab, specially the hef laugh.gif great takes cool.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 13 2013, 03:29 PM
Learning Tone Master

Great collab, was a pleasure to watch at this video!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2013, 04:22 PM
WOW! One of the best yet! All of the solos were great, and everything worked as a piece as well. I think it was a greeat idea to use a short backing as it really helped the overall flow and ended up around 3 minutes which is a nice listening interval as well. It's not an accident that many songs are around that time length.

I can see HUGE improvements in playing from you guys and it's great to see! Super congrats to BLISTER for jumping in his first collab!! We did spend an entire lesson on this one and everyone did a great job picking up the licks I put in my solo and I"m glad to see Blister go an entirely different way for his solo than what we covered that day. Nice!

BEN: Must say your solo blew me away as well since each phrase was so unexpected I honestly had no idead where you were going to land next. Great solo! Same to everybody! You guys KILLED IT!!! On a final note, our mad German friend has finally gone over the edge and I think it's brilliant smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 13 2013, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
Blister
Aug 14 2013, 04:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Aug 12 2013, 11:06 AM) *
This is really AWESOME Gary, well played sir! Glad to see you in your first collab!

I expect there will be more?

No need to be scared, Ben is the one receiving all of the threats, so he's taking care of that for you... wink.gif

I owe you a lot of thanks, Mark. You were my first real "persuasive motivator" which really helped me get involved. Yes, there will definitely be more cause I had a lot of fun making this! smile.gif Although panic set in after I realized it was a Video collab. ohmy.gif But I wasn't gonna get as far as I had & not reach the finish line. So I got up early the day after the due date & quickly redid the take on video. I was hoping Ben was suffering from "Donut Carb Overload" & overslept on the day after! wink.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 13 2013, 08:18 AM) *
Blister - Hell yeah, well done once again for your 1st collab entry. You've made a grand entrance, taking the exotic phrygian direction of H4H as well. The timing is great, the pacing is great. As you get even better you'll start to introduce more variation with some busier sections alongside the slower ones - great work !

This was the perfect collab to jump in & get my feet wet (in the desert? huh.gif ) I could take it at my Noob slow pace but I know I need to speed it up from here. I really had fun doing this. And I totally understand about needing more variation. Even I was boring myself a bit with my monotonous eighth note licks. That's when I put Todd's double picking technique at the end.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 13 2013, 10:22 AM) *
I can see HUGE improvements in playing from you guys and it's great to see! Super congrats to BLISTER for jumping in his first collab!! We did spend an entire lesson on this one and everyone did a great job picking up the licks I put in my solo and I"m glad to see Blister go an entirely different way for his solo than what we covered that day. Nice!

Thanks again, Todd! If I hadn't started the Phrygian mode due to Ben's sly subliminal tease, I would have used the licks from your chat lesson. I can see me using this bt many times due to its wide range of possibilities. It's a fun track!

Truly awesome takes by everyone! Thanks for letting me be a part of it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 14 2013, 08:58 AM
Wow, ben u scared me with those slides at the end blink.gif
And as usual killer solos from Finnish - Swedish combo smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 14 2013, 05:28 PM
Tone Seeker
This was superduberybermega collab !

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 14 2013, 11:58 AM) *
And as usual killer solos from Finnish - Swedish combo smile.gif

Hah great and thanks wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Aug 14 2013, 05:29 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:06 PM