Does Anybody Have Experience With The Peavey Windsor Cab?
megadeth1117
Jun 11 2009, 02:57 AM
GMC:er
Hello, I was looking for some Cabs for use with my Vox Valvetronix head and found this cab for a great price
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...inet?sku=601428

If anyone has this cab, is it reliable and does it sound good?

thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 11 2009, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Hmm, I'm not sure how good the sound could be considering the price.. What are you planning to do with this cab? Perhaps 2x12 for the same price would be better..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
Jun 11 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm going to use the head and cab for band practice and usually the occasional gig

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 11 2009, 06:37 PM
Instructor
I'm not really sure about this cab, should tell you that I haven't tried it. In general I have a suggestion that you don't get something impractical for your use that's all. Just be careful when getting halfstack as often people don't need one, and 2x12 does the job for most stuff out there. If you plan to play medium open venues with no PA system to back up your amp, then 4x12 is a good idea, but if not, 2x12 is really recommended IMO. It is easier to carry around, and you can possibly get a nicer one for the same price as 4x12.

--------------------

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
Jun 11 2009, 11:47 PM
do you mean something like ?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Band-Ma...416-i1440801.gc

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 12 2009, 01:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
The speaker choice and the built quality are important for the tone. Make sure that you have good speakers in it, the most popular choice for almost any genre are Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. V30s in a closed 2x12 cab should get you a real professional sound!

Those guys built great cabs at a reasonable price:
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
Jun 13 2009, 11:00 PM
thanks for the link, the G112 looks like it can do the job, the only thing is that I can't find how many watts the cab supports

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 14 2009, 12:16 PM
As Ivan and Zakk say you're probably better off with a better quality 2x12. If you still want to go for Peavey make sure it's got Scorpion speakers rather than the Supreme ones!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 14 2009, 06:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (megadeth1117 @ Jun 14 2009, 12:00 AM) *
thanks for the link, the G112 looks like it can do the job, the only thing is that I can't find how many watts the cab supports

G112 is 1x12 cab just to be clear. But if this is what you need then OK. The wattage varries from speaker to speaker, for example, vintage 30 has 60W, GT75 75W, Greenback 25W etc

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:41 AM