2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Recording Software
RIP Dime
Oct 7 2006, 11:53 AM
GMC:er
Can someone recommend me good but not too expensive recording software?
I'm not big on gear and stuff, but I could really use this.

Thanks in advance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
texasamp
Oct 9 2006, 01:51 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime)

Thanks in advance.

I use Sound Forge 7.0, it has many effects and does really good. I think Kris uses this as well.

Regards,
Darrell-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
recklessftw
Oct 9 2006, 04:06 AM
For recording wavs I use just goldwave (wav editor) and make all my drums and synth, bass in FL Studio 6. FL does great, it's a good all in one but there's a learning curve. Great once you get the hang of it.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 9 2006, 05:06 AM
Cool, thanks, how much do those cost???

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
recklessftw
Oct 9 2006, 05:14 AM
http://www.flstudio.com/ starts at $49 but the $99 is better, the fruity edition. You can get a demo off the site.

Enjoy my friend!!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 9 2006, 06:58 AM
Has anyone tried this?? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Son...io-6?sku=703492
It fits my budget better.

But I came across some sites that says you can download Sound Forge 7.0 for free :think , is that for real?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 9 2006, 08:47 AM
GMC Founder
Actually I use Nuendo 2.0 - but it's pretty expensive software. There are some light version of cubase which are cheap and work nicely.

If you learn Cubase you have understood the basis for a powerful recording tool.

There is also a freeware called audacity.

/K

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 9 2006, 09:33 AM
Hmm....thanks guys I got alot of coices to consider now. I probably have to think about it for a while though, because I want good recording software but I can't spend more than a 100$ or so. :think
I still welcome suggestions though. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
texasamp
Oct 9 2006, 10:29 AM
I use audacity at times. I will use Amazing Slow Downer for the fast blues solo's by srv where I need to hear the pick scraps and ghost bends that are almost impossible get while at normal speed. But mostly I use my ears :]

Darrell-

+Quote Post
isaac
Oct 9 2006, 01:19 PM
erm while on the topic of recording, i'd like to ask erm kris what prog u use to make backing tracks?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 9 2006, 04:54 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (texasamp)
I use audacity at times. I will use Amazing Slow Downer for the fast blues solo's by srv where I need to hear the pick scraps and ghost bends that are almost impossible get while at normal speed. But mostly I use my ears :]

Darrell-

Yes the ears are cheap and extremely effective! biggrin.gif

CODE
erm while on the topic of recording, i'd like to ask erm kris what prog u use to make backing tracks?

Most backing tracks on gmc are recorded with a bos BR-600 digital recorder, ie no computer.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 22 2006, 04:18 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 9 2006, 04:54 PM) *
Most backing tracks on gmc are recorded with a bos BR-600 digital recorder, ie no computer.

Wow, I check out a video for the BR-600, and wow!! That thing is cool!!! cool.gif
But is it easy to use for a beginning recorder? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 22 2006, 07:08 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Oct 22 2006, 05:18 AM) *
Wow, I check out a video for the BR-600, and wow!! That thing is cool!!! cool.gif
But is it easy to use for a beginning recorder? unsure.gif

Yes fairly easy - it's explained step-by-step in the manual how to record, just follow that.

--Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 23 2006, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 22 2006, 07:08 PM) *
Yes fairly easy - it's explained step-by-step in the manual how to record, just follow that.

--Kris

Cool. cool.gif I'll probably save for one of those then.
Thanks

/Jeff

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
paperclip
Nov 12 2006, 09:44 AM
I would recommend reaper. I have Cubase and a few others; but for laying down some tracks and doing some real-time vst stuff reaper is awsome. I also included the latest shareware version

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

+Quote Post
Nick
Nov 12 2006, 03:58 PM
check out the software thread also in this forum

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Nov 14 2006, 05:57 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Oct 7 2006, 02:53 AM) *
Thanks in advance.

Check out Traction II, distributed by Mackie now - Its in you price range and has a cult following due to its full featuredness, but easy interface.

But you will still need a decent guitar interface/audio card to get decent results with all the software packages.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Nov 14 2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look them up. Hey, anybody ever use Pro Tools?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
n0x
Nov 27 2006, 04:04 PM
My uncle recommends Sonar 4 to me.. I just downloaded it and it looks pro ;o.. however, my PodXT live requires lots of bandwidth to be connected to my pc via USB, so i gota sort me out a USB hub or something >_<

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Nov 27 2006, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (n0x @ Nov 27 2006, 05:04 PM) *
My uncle recommends Sonar 4 to me.. I just downloaded it and it looks pro ;o.. however, my PodXT live requires lots of bandwidth to be connected to my pc via USB, so i gota sort me out a USB hub or something >_<

I use a POD XTL to record - I dont think it takes ANY computer resources?...I dont run the sound through the USB though as I did not find that very good - I use the left or right outputs into either "line in" or "mic" inputs into the sound card (you need a lead making up that goes from a standard guitar jack (1/4") to a mini jack (1/8") but you can easily buy these any length you want from ebay for instance. Then make sure that the software you are using is accepting that input as a recording device.

I am sure I am making this sound all horribly complicated but its not, its so simple - its one cable from POD to computer and the POD take up no computer power/bandwith or whatever - its simply an input device with the tone pre shaped. It takes up no more resources than a microphone plugged into your soundcard. In essence, thats all it effectively is.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM