How Do U Guys Plan Yr Learning Schedule On Gmc
guitargod
Apr 10 2007, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
would like to ask all u guys from GMC how do u all schedule yr learning time on GMC? like for example do u all spend an hr doing the riffs n exercise follow by an hr learning the solos? i am thinking what should be the optimal time to spend on learning here on GMC,coz i am afraid i wont be fast enough to catch up with all the new updates etc...do share yr learning schedule,thanks dudes,take care....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2007, 02:17 PM
GMC Founder
This is a very good topic!

I have always believed practice routines are individual so I am interetsed in hearing how you guys spend you [practicing] days! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 10 2007, 02:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 10 2007, 09:17 AM) *

I have always believed practice routines are individual so I am interetsed in hearing how you guys spend you [practicing] days! smile.gif

One thing I do is practice to fixed tempo backing tracks when I am bored with the metronome. I still play the same exercises, but fitting them harmonically into a song is an extra challenge and adds interest smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2007, 02:42 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 10 2007, 03:38 PM) *
One thing I do is practice to fixed tempo backing tracks when I am bored with the metronome. I still play the same exercises, but fitting them harmonically into a song is an extra challenge and adds interest smile.gif

Yes that's a real good idea as it forces you to adapt the stuff you know to a real-life-musical-situation (almost! wink.gif )

I guess that's what happens first time you try some things you have been practicing on - with a band. So why not practice that situation at home first..?

--------------------

+Quote Post
browq
Apr 10 2007, 05:40 PM
I will try to keep it short

First hour i pratice the petatonic scale in all positions for about 10 min. Then it's 10 minutes of playing excercis in triplets. Next 10 i'll spend playing the cromatic scale up and down all over the fretboard as 16th notes. Then 10 minutes playing using 16th note triplets. Then the next 20 min i spend on practecing 3 or 4 licks wich involve triplets or 16th note triplets

Next hour is all legato. I spend some time with the legato licks from the 101 videos. Practice both of pavel's legato video's (these are really great) and some legato stuff from petruci's rock dicipline dvd

Next hour is diveded between 2 techniques. I'll do a half our of sweep picking. Same exercices and get them up to speed then practice new ones. Next half hour i spend on tapping. Same story as above

the 4th hour i devote entirely to learning lessons from the rythem guitar section. Currently i'm learning the rock and rythem lessons 1 and 2 and the clean accoustic lesson from pavel

the 5th hour i spend the first half hour on alternate picking. Currentley learning alt picking lesson 1. And the second half i spend on the yngwie malmsteen video lesson one

I keep this up every day. And take 1 day in the week rest. I play no guitar by try to learn something new on the theory part. and before every hour i warm up 10 min playing the major scale up and down the neck

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 10 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 10 2007, 05:17 AM) *

Right now I can't view the lessons because my time has expired but I'll be getting back to the lessons by probably some time in May!
But usually I practice 1hr-2hrs a day!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:18 PM