Alot Of People Need To Watch This.
Tjchep
Feb 27 2008, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
Hmm..

Skip to 2.00 if you don't want to listen to it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8y-B1uWuk...laynext_from=QL

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kahall
Feb 27 2008, 05:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Well that was somewhat of a different point of view for sure. I had never heard of him so thanks. I checked out his website and listened to the demos. They were pretty good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 27 2008, 05:57 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool , thanks for sharing.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Feb 27 2008, 10:09 AM
that guy is the coolest. I like him in the same way I like Paul Gilbert, Satch, and Vai such awesome, genuinely nice people.
Thanks for that, pretty inspiring actually biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 27 2008, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Thats a really great clip.

Mr. Weiner knows what he's talking about smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 27 2008, 10:51 AM
Lets go fishing!

Awsome vid! Im not sure i totally agree with some of the things he said, but he seems a real nice guy smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 27 2008, 12:04 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing! I watched all the parts, and now i really want to try that Ibanez Thermion amp smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 27 2008, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing, the guy seems very down the earth and reasonable.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 05:29 PM
Seems like a really cool guy, although I thought it was obvious that you learn an instrument to make music.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 27 2008, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Feb 27 2008, 06:29 PM) *
Seems like a really cool guy, although I thought it was obvious that you learn an instrument to make music.

Than you'll be surprised at the amout of people learning an instrument just to show off...

He's vision of guitar, and music as a whole is so perfect in my eyes, this is exatcly my thinking in music, I mean there's so many people who set their minds one of style of music, I know that all too well because I also used to be one of those people, but once you open you'r mind to the rest of the world of music that is when you will REALLY start evolving as a musician!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 27 2008, 07:42 PM
Lets go fishing!
His advice is good, but I see no reason why you cannot be musical and overly technical smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 27 2008, 08:03 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i agree that musicality is what its all about- but i do enjoy pushing my technique, its like going to the gym for me.

I think that if we want to be able to use our instrument to play anything we can think of then we have to develop the craft of the instrument = metronome time wink.gif

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 27 2008, 08:12 PM
Weiner is good, hes the backup guitarist for steve vai on the Astoria vid tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 27 2008, 08:33 PM
I posted this specifically for a few people on the forum, that might have great technique but, other than that.. nothing.

And Iluha I totally have the same views of music.

@mattacuk He never said that you cant be over technical, As long as your musical then its fine. But you play guitar to make music not be the fastest person, as he said. And I whole heartedly agree with that.

smile.gif, I'm taking guitar lessons from him starting Tuesday too!

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Feb 27 2008, 08:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 27 2008, 08:37 PM
Instructor
Dave Weiner is an awesome guy, his youtube videos are great, and he seems to be a genuinely nice dude smile.gif

So I just love everything related to him, thanks for sharing! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Feb 27 2008, 05:40 PM) *
Than you'll be surprised at the amout of people learning an instrument just to show off...

Oh, I know there are people like that, but I try to not let what other people are doing bother me, if they want to spend their time trying to play fast to a monotone click all the time then they have a right to. I think the people who learn guitar just to show off know what they are doing, I don't think this idea of playing musically is a big revelation for them.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 27 2008, 11:38 PM
Instructor
thanks for sharing Tjchep

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 28 2008, 04:43 AM
yeah but if the music you want to write is overly technical then it would require lots of technique, no?

It doesn't really prove any point since his message is ultimately play guitar, but make music.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 28 2008, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 28 2008, 04:43 AM) *
yeah but if the music you want to write is overly technical then it would require lots of technique, no?

It doesn't really prove any point since his message is ultimately play guitar, but make music.

Very true.

I think the moral was, just make music and have a structure more or less, no matter what style you are.

I mean he said get proficient to play the instrument, meaning play whatever oyu need to to express yourself. So if your a crazy shredder, then you will have to take some extra time in this.

tj

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatstrat
Feb 28 2008, 04:52 AM
Just as a side note, he was one of the two guitarists that played alongside Steve Vai at the Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival...thats my two cents!

Oh yea and he's a killer guitarist!!!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:03 AM