16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The League Of Extraordinary Axemen, Instructor/Students video collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2013, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Ladies and gentlemen of GMC, we are proud to present a new style of collab in which not one, but 3 INSTRUCTORS join forces with YOU guys, in order to breathe life TOGETHER into a new concept: 'The League of Extraordinary Axemen Video Collab'!

What's this league thing all about? We are a team of superheroes with special powers of course, which will unite their strengths in order to create an amazing piece of music that will shine with the power of friendship regardless of any boundaries! What sort of special powers? The guitar related ones, of course!!

BACKING TRACK : Attached File  Backing_Track.mp3 ( 4.55MB ) Number of downloads: 1327

All 3 of us will support you along the way and if you feel stuck, please write us in this very thread or send us a PM!

How to enter this collaboration?

1. choose a superhero name for yourself

2. download the backing track and open it in your recording software

3. record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).

4. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz

5. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format

6. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

Send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

IMPORTANT: If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures with you - it will work out great as well! The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

You will receive popularity bonus points if you dress up accordingly (it doesn't have to be a complicated suit, but something which illustrates your name and abilities as a superhero) so, you can experiment with a superhero inspired video scenery, dressing up in a costume or having a superhero related clothing detail (or even special weapons?), anything you can think of a guitar superhero would do.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill part or rhythm based ideas, not just the leads!

IMPORTANT NOTE !!!

Ok guys! Since we want this collab to be as good as possible we had some ideas. One of them is that it would be better to chose one of 2 free slot for the solos - one is when the drums start to play (about 48 seconds) 1:03 - 1:47 and second is just after the "no drums pause" in the middle - starts at 1:48.

Generally we think that making short but polished, descent solo will give better results than some not always confident improvisation over whole track. When You could focus on short part, then You could make miracles with it smile.gif You could start from improvising and try to get some cool ideas from a few different, recorded improvisation tracks. Then You could combine best ideas and try to learn them as a one piece of good solo smile.gif

You can use some arpegios that Gabriel suggested. Just a reminder. We're in the key of B-minor. You can use any shapes for scales related to this one....for example A-mixolydian licks when You hear A-major chord in the backing track. Otherwise You can use basic B minor pentatonicor B aeolian minor scale. At the end of each part there is a 4# (F note added = blue note) but don't be aware of it. You don't have to use this note at those points - it's only an option to expose the "dark atmosphere" of that moment.

Another important note: when attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

More tips in progress!

In less words - it is important to participate and be yourself - no rules, no limits!

Tempo : - 140 BPM

Key : B minor

Deadline : 1st of October

Backing track : Attached File  Backing_Track.mp3 ( 4.55MB ) Number of downloads: 1327

Participants : Cosmin Lupu, Darius Wave, Gabriel Leopardi, Taka Perry, Monica Gheorghevici, jstcrsn, Caelumamittendum, sammetal92, bahadirpeker, Jim Seekford, DeGroot, coffeeman, mad, Dieterle, Kalkilla, Ulrik, thefireball, Sensible Jones, SteveGuitar, K1R, bleez, vonhotch, Patrik Berg, tonyk

Collaboration final mix and comments : click here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 6 2013, 04:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 6 2013, 03:03 PM) *
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD

I'm imagining God sending you the files for the collab laugh.gif

Will try to participate biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Sep 6 2013, 04:19 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2013, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Come get it while it's hot!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2013, 04:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Sep 6 2013, 12:18 PM) *
I'm imagining God sending you the files for the collab laugh.gif

Will try to participate biggrin.gif

hahaha you are welcome mate!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2013, 04:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 6 2013, 05:36 PM) *
Come get it while it's hot!!!

I'm coming, I'm coming!

Will try to participate! Definitely maybe! tongue.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2013, 05:15 PM
Instructor
hahaha this is the hottest collab ever! biggrin.gif

I have some friends that are preparing something for this one... laugh.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 6 2013, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have this gift to " say the wrong thing at the wrong time" with my wife, what kind of nick name could work ?

wrong thing , wrong time man

not to get cornfused with
thong thing, thong time man

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Sep 6 2013, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2013, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 6 2013, 01:58 PM) *
I have this gift to " say the wrong thing at the wrong time" with my wife, what kind of nick name could work ?

hahahah that's an awesome power/gift! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 08:33 AM
Instructor
Good morning guys and gals! Who else is up for participating in this one? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 7 2013, 08:52 AM
Learning Tone Master

I'm not sure yet, but I think, I will join smile.gif Actually, I finished last night an idea for a small part. I must work for the rest. The backing track sound like a music soundtrack for a war movie smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 7 2013, 09:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome! Cosmin, I'm gonna go with T-Man, since you call me T-Man now, hahah biggrin.gif

This will be fantastic smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 7 2013, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Just go for it T-Taka biggrin.gif Monica...well...as Gabe about the "war" infulence....you strike the "ten" again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 7 2013, 07:52 AM) *
I'm not sure yet, but I think, I will join smile.gif Actually, I finished last night an idea for a small part. I must work for the rest. The backing track sound like a music soundtrack for a war movie smile.gif

Hehe! Welcome Monica - indeed your presumptions are very close smile.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 7 2013, 08:36 AM) *
Awesome! Cosmin, I'm gonna go with T-Man, since you call me T-Man now, hahah biggrin.gif

This will be fantastic smile.gif

Awesome! Welcome T-man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 7 2013, 12:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 6 2013, 06:58 PM) *

Hahaha, I would suggest Dr. WT

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 7 2013, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
I want to participate to this collaboration but I am not at home for 20 days. I will go my home at 12 september and will record a video. That is a nice idea Cosmin, so exited. Thanks for this collab!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 7 2013, 01:08 PM) *
I want to participate to this collaboration but I am not at home for 20 days. I will go my home at 12 september and will record a video. That is a nice idea Cosmin, so exited. Thanks for this collab!

No worries mate!! biggrin.gif You are on the list wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 7 2013, 03:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Man that's a nice sounding track, I am probably going to have to play all clean because my kid knocked over my amp and not its not working. I have a nice jazz amp traynor that makes a nice clean sound but that's it. I am definitely going to work on this one!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 7 2013, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Sep 7 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Man that's a nice sounding track, I am probably going to have to play all clean because my kid knocked over my amp and not its not working. I have a nice jazz amp traynor that makes a nice clean sound but that's it. I am definitely going to work on this one!

I believe You are able to compose something cool on the clean tone to smile.gif Give it a try! smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 7 2013, 04:59 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

This track is so great... sounds like an epic battle scene for sure. smile.gif Well, put me on the list please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 7 2013, 05:19 PM
Instructor
Superb news DeGroot biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:26 AM