16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
The League Of Extraordinary Axemen, Instructor/Students video collaboration
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Another lesson tip:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/B-Minor-Ballad-Solo/

I know that the tempo is higher but there are some cool articulation and phrasing solutions in this particular Emir's lesson. It think some of the note combinations are worth stealing wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 01:02 PM
Instructor
IMPORTANT NOTE !!!

Ok guys! Since we want this collab to be as good as possible we had some ideas. One of them is that it would be better to chose one of 2 free slot for the solos - one is when the drums start to play (about 48 seconds) 1:03 - 1:47 and second is just after the "no drums pause" in the middle - starts at 1:48.

Generally we think that making short but polished, descent solo will give better results than some not always confident improvisation over whole track. When You could focus on short part, then You could make miracles with it smile.gif You could start from improvising and try to get some cool ideas from a few different, recorded improvisation tracks. Then You could combine best ideas and try to learn them as a one piece of good solo smile.gif

You can use some arpegios that Gabriel suggested. Just a reminder. We're in the key of B-minor. You can use any shapes for scales related to this one....for example A-mixolydian licks when You hear A-major chord in the backing track. Otherwise You can use basic B minor pentatonicor B aeolian minor scale. At the end of each part there is a 4# (F note added = blue note) but don't be aware of it. You don't have to use this note at those points - it's only an option to expose the "dark atmosphere" of that moment.

More tips in progress

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 18 2013, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 01:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 18 2013, 02:02 PM) *
IMPORTANT NOTE !!!

Ok guys! Since we want this collab to be as good as possible we had some ideas. One of them is that it would be better to chose one of 2 free slot for the solos - on is when the drums start to play (about 48 seconds) and second is just after the "no drums pause" in the middle.

Generally we think that making short but polished, descent solo will give better results than some not always confident improvisation over whole track. When You could focus on short part, then You could make miracles with it smile.gif You could start from improvising and try to get some cool ideas from a few different, recorded improvisation tracks. Then You could combine best ideas and try to learn them as a one piece of good solo smile.gif

You can use some arpegios that Gabriel suggested. Just a reminder. We're in the key of B-minor. You can use any shapes for scales related to this one....for example A-mixolydian licks when You hear A-major chord in the backing track. Otherwise You can use basic B minor pentatonicor B aeolian minor scale. At the end of each part there is a 4# (F note added = blue note) but don't be aware of it. You don't have to use this note at those points - it's only an option to expose the "dark atmosphere" of that moment.

More tips in progress

Great idea! Think this will benefit everyone.

How about putting this info in the first post, Cosmin? smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2013, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Done! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 17 2013, 06:03 PM) *

Hi mate, I agree with Cosmin about the structure of your solo. I think that you could check Darius "Important Note" post, and try to focus on a shorter section for your solo an try to find a structure for it based on phrases that has some kind of connection. Remember to use the arpeggios that I suggested but also feel free to use the Pentatonics that Darius listed. I hope to hear a new sample from you!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's what first sprung to mind:

Thoughts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 18 2013, 05:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So here Part with backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/part-with-extraord

and here without backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/part-ohne-extreaord

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 05:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 18 2013, 06:17 PM) *

You have a good start with the repeated theme, but I think you could build it up even more and build it up so you have a nice and punching ending, so that you have the climax in the few bars where the backing track "goes crazy". I'm sure you have it in you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 18 2013, 06:26 PM
So here a noter record , this time i did use the whole backing because i found it easier to get into feeling than in only a part of the backing -- SO MORE EASY FOR MYSELF cool.gif

Ok with backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/with-axt

without backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/ohne-axt

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 18 2013, 04:11 PM) *
Here's what first sprung to mind:

Thoughts?

Nice beginning - no fight with the violins thebe but missing some fluency - more dynamics, more colors like sofr or ard strokes. Try to glue notes a bit by adding some soft slides and legatos to the concept You have for now/

Second part need...tuning device tongue.gif Check out the measure adjustment to make sure nothing is wrong with high positions tuning smile.gif There is some mess in those fast runs but I'm sure You can make it work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 08:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 18 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Nice beginning - no fight with the violins thebe but missing some fluency - more dynamics, more colors like sofr or ard strokes. Try to glue notes a bit by adding some soft slides and legatos to the concept You have for now/

Second part need...tuning device tongue.gif Check out the measure adjustment to make sure nothing is wrong with high positions tuning smile.gif There is some mess in those fast runs but I'm sure You can make it work smile.gif

Still some tuning issues, but I'll blame the just new strings. Will be sure to be in tune for the final take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 08:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 18 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Still some tuning issues, but I'll blame the just new strings. Will be sure to be in tune for the final take.

This is a bit better Ben but still there are problems with bending pitch and I might be wrong but it feels like You're trying to fit some 16th notes patterns in those fast runs and You become confused while playing - You miss to fit the rhythm. Maybe try to make an hour practice of triples groves because those would work best with the track.

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 18 2013, 08:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice backing, count me in!
What do you think will sound better:"The Fail man" or "DamnStopPlayingPentatonicsBud" ?
Anyways, here is pretake version 0.1.
Faults:
Fluency -
Timing -
Tapping lick -
Emotions -
Listening to your suggestions.
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/league-0-1

BTW nice takes guys, we gotta make our parts sound awesome so lets work hard wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Jouve! this is very nice concepts the theme is very good! I would only remove some notes at the end. Being in Your shoes I would just try to add some tiny details but the sketch is very musical (at least most of it smile.gif and this i a good path! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 10:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 18 2013, 07:42 PM) *
This is a bit better Ben but still there are problems with bending pitch and I might be wrong but it feels like You're trying to fit some 16th notes patterns in those fast runs and You become confused while playing - You miss to fit the rhythm. Maybe try to make an hour practice of triples groves because those would work best with the track.

I agree with Darius, mate - there's always another option - keep it simpler and more melodic, instead of complicating yourself simply for the sake of playing faster. Instead, you could try building up patterns with less notes but with unexpected phrasing wink.gif

QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 18 2013, 07:50 PM) *
Nice backing, count me in!
What do you think will sound better:"The Fail man" or "DamnStopPlayingPentatonicsBud" ?
Anyways, here is pretake version 0.1.
Faults:
Fluency -
Timing -
Tapping lick -
Emotions -
Listening to your suggestions.
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/league-0-1

BTW nice takes guys, we gotta make our parts sound awesome so lets work hard wink.gif

Nice one mate, welcome aboard! I think that you can clean things up a bit and be more rhythmic from 0:29 onwards wink.gif The ideas are good but they should be polished a bit in the suggested direction.

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 18 2013, 05:26 PM) *
So here a noter record , this time i did use the whole backing because i found it easier to get into feeling than in only a part of the backing -- SO MORE EASY FOR MYSELF cool.gif

Ok with backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/with-axt

without backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/ohne-axt

Hello Dieter! I still think that you should focus a bit more on choosing a smaller section, as right now the notes feel like they are in the air with no direction to them, although, there are points in which you seem to build up a bit of direction. Have you checked out the latest addition to the suggestions for this collab? Check this out, as it might be of help:

IMPORTANT NOTE !!!

Ok guys! Since we want this collab to be as good as possible we had some ideas. One of them is that it would be better to chose one of 2 free slot for the solos - one is when the drums start to play (about 48 seconds) 1:03 - 1:47 and second is just after the "no drums pause" in the middle - starts at 1:48.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 19 2013, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 19 2013, 10:46 AM
Ok , Cosmin i go for the part from 1.48 on and see whats happen !

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2013, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 19 2013, 11:17 AM) *
I agree with Darius, mate - there's always another option - keep it simpler and more melodic, instead of complicating yourself simply for the sake of playing faster. Instead, you could try building up patterns with less notes but with unexpected phrasing wink.gif

I'm playing around with some different note choices. Hopefully I'll get there in the end with a take as good as can be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 19 2013, 11:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2013, 10:25 AM) *
I'm playing around with some different note choices. Hopefully I'll get there in the end with a take as good as can be.

I'll hold my thumbs for it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2013, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 19 2013, 12:55 PM) *
I'll hold my thumbs for it biggrin.gif

I know it's still shreddy, but I'm working on it and making it more melodic tongue.gif I still have time! :lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 19 2013, 02:18 PM
Instructor
No this starts to become something huge! smile.gif Fast runs beginn to have more clarity! smile.gif

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:40 PM