On The Road
K1R
Oct 23 2012, 10:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sometimes we have to travel big distances and the trip takes a lot of time. And ofcourse everyone eventually gets bored and tired of the road. So what do you guys do not to get bored?
As for me, I prefer reading a book or listening to music, but usually I just fall asleep smile.gif

BTW, check out what Kings Of Strings do

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 24 2012, 02:29 AM
Instructor
I hear you I travel all the time and getting sick being on the road! smile.gif I am just keeping it simple and trying to have my space this way it takes longer to get annoyed of people! smile.gif When I am bored I am watching movies on Netflix it helps a lot to kill time!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2012, 07:35 AM
Instructor
I like reading when I'm on the road smile.gif My Kindle is a trusty companion, otherwise if I'm with my band mates, I never get bored laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 24 2012, 09:57 AM
Instructor
I don't spend any time on the road sad.gif

But if I did, I'd read like hell ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 24 2012, 06:05 PM
GMC:er
if i am not the driver I read and listen to music all the time....
if i am travelling with my children I have to be a full entertainmentsystem so there is no time for me to get bored...
and if I am travelling with the band we have a lot fo fun and try to behave like teenagers (an ageperiod we passed long time ago...)
if I am travelling for business I read or work and/or listen to music....and relax to prepare myself for meetings and tasks to come...

but all in all travelling is not too bad....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2012, 06:11 PM
Instructor
I like reading and listening to music... but it there is enough place I would love to do what those guys do!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2012, 02:28 AM
I didn't know you were "On Tour"? Tell us more!

QUOTE (K1R @ Oct 23 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Sometimes we have to travel big distances and the trip takes a lot of time. And ofcourse everyone eventually gets bored and tired of the road. So what do you guys do not to get bored?
As for me, I prefer reading a book or listening to music, but usually I just fall asleep smile.gif

BTW, check out what Kings Of Strings do

+Quote Post
K1R
Oct 25 2012, 07:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 25 2012, 04:28 AM) *
I didn't know you were "On Tour"? Tell us more!

I wouldn't call it a tour, but yeah, I've spent a month abroad, in Belgium. smile.gif I've been to 4 cities and had to travel a lot by train.
We lived in a Buddhist center in Floren where we have some friends and it didn't cost us anything since we helped in the kitchen. We lived there for about two weeks. Then we went to Namur and then to Brussels where we lived for three days. Brussels is a very beautiful city, btw, you can check out my facebook album here http://tinyurl.com/8ljgb4m . Next night we spent in the Charleroi airport and then returned home. smile.gif

--------------------

Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Wow! Great adventure man! I am thinking of spending some time in a Japanese temple next year smile.gif Good idea for a new thread biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2012, 10:15 PM) *
Wow! Great adventure man! I am thinking of spending some time in a Japanese temple next year smile.gif Good idea for a new thread biggrin.gif

Can you do stuff like that ??

That would be very cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Oct 26 2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor
I'm listening to new for me music mostly, as there's usually a lot of calm time)
Also I'm reading, playing my instrument, sleeping)
Seems to be nothing special smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2012, 01:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 26 2012, 08:10 AM) *
Can you do stuff like that ??

That would be very cool smile.gif

Yes you can! biggrin.gif Wait for my new thread tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2012, 08:41 PM
Your band is playing in Belgium? Wait, your band is buddhist?

QUOTE (K1R @ Oct 25 2012, 02:29 PM) *
I wouldn't call it a tour, but yeah, I've spent a month abroad, in Belgium. smile.gif I've been to 4 cities and had to travel a lot by train.
We lived in a Buddhist center in Floren where we have some friends and it didn't cost us anything since we helped in the kitchen. We lived there for about two weeks. Then we went to Namur and then to Brussels where we lived for three days. Brussels is a very beautiful city, btw, you can check out my facebook album here http://tinyurl.com/8ljgb4m . Next night we spent in the Charleroi airport and then returned home. smile.gif

+Quote Post
K1R
Oct 26 2012, 09:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 26 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Your band is playing in Belgium? Wait, your band is buddhist?

Nonono, it was just a vacation trip with my girlfriend smile.gif

--------------------

Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 26 2012, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ Oct 26 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Nonono, it was just a vacation trip with my girlfriend smile.gif

Surely ...you tried our great waffles in Brussels?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 27 2012, 10:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Oct 26 2012, 09:56 PM) *
Surely ...you tried our great waffles in Brussels?? wink.gif

Yeah, even I wanna hear this ! biggrin.gif

If I lived there I swear I'd overdose on those things !

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 27 2012, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:43 PM