> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Bleez's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2013, 07:07 AM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif thank you man! We have sent a presskit to the other radio last week, hope we'll get on air or something biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 3 2013, 12:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2013, 07:07 AM) *
Wow biggrin.gif thank you man! We have sent a presskit to the other radio last week, hope we'll get on air or something biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch!!

no probs dude smile.gif Ive seen a couple of bands really generate a lot of interest after a few plays on Planet rock. Wyatt always posts on twitter the new bands he's going to play on that show so I''l be sure to let you know if I hear anything.
I think I kinda miss being in a band these days so if I can help you guys get some play on a DAB station I'll consider that a win smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2013, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Awesomeness! Thank you again and just to let you know, we will be sending the press kit through mail, today smile.gif How are those videos coming along?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 4 2013, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 5 2013, 12:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Awesomeness! Thank you again and just to let you know, we will be sending the press kit through mail, today smile.gif How are those videos coming along?

excellent! As soon as I hear DOC on the station I'll be on twitter to the DJ requesting they play it again smile.gif

I'll start recording stuff over the next few days. Ive been working really hard on comfortably numb..... probably too much, but it's just so good to play! Ive also slowed down the sabbath solos to try and avoid the 'finger vibrato'. Ive been practising loads and I figure as long as keep putting in the hours the improvements should start smile.gif
Ive also completed a couple of those songs which Ive been working on. I haven't put any lead guitar on them as yet but it would be cool to get your opinion on whether they are worth keeping.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Awesome! Thank you so much man! smile.gif It would be great to let me know if they have received the stuff and if the songs are being played - we've sent press kits to each of the radios you gave me contacts for.

It looks like your guitar schedule looks busy, so I'm really looking forward to see a new presentation video from you. Just be patient with yourself and focus on the vibrato and articulation in general, ok?

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 18 2013, 01:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey boss biggrin.gif have a vid for ya!
Hopefully there wont be any problems viewing it because youtube just hassled me about a copyright claim! I think I played Comfortably numb soooo good that they thought it was Gilmour LOL!
it should be okay but if there are any blank sections, it's youtube being fascists and I might have to edit it.

Its a bit long so I hope you are not too busy! thanks dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2013, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Thanks for the vid biggrin.gif I got everything and I'm coming up with a video answer for you today wink.gif

Here ya go mate:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 20 2013, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 21 2013, 12:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks dude, much appreciated smile.gif
That hand sync lesson looks great, Im going to get started on that one just now. It really gets fast towards the end, that would be a mega achievement if I managed to get this lesson nailed.
I'll get the neoclassical one tidied up as well, might get a wee rec take out of it! not done one in ages. I'll run it by you again when Ive improved on it some more.
cheers cosmin, for such good feedback. Im definitely taking all your comments on-board smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2013, 07:38 AM
Instructor
Mate, good feedback is a result of a thoroughly presented video such as the ones you show me wink.gif So, keep them like that and you will only move up the ladder! Anyway, yes, please prepare a REC take! And start working on Ben's Hand Sync, it's really good stuff.

Keep me updated mate smile.gif

PS: Have you by any chance heard anything about the songs at those radio stations? We have sent presskits in the mail for some time now sad.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 21 2013, 08:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2013, 07:38 AM) *
PS: Have you by any chance heard anything about the songs at those radio stations? We have sent presskits in the mail for some time now sad.gif

Cosmin

funny you should mention that, because I was trying to find out just recently. I asked the guy from planet rock if he had you guys in the playlist but he didnt get back to me rolleyes.gif but I have been keeping an eye on his show.
I spoke to one of the DJs at team rock but he couldnt say for sure, he said to email [email protected] to find out. The DJ who presents that particular show doesnt seem to be too active on twitter, which is a pity coz its a really easy method of contact.
Team Rock just officially launched this week and Im keeping a close eye on it! I'll do my best to find out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Thanks again man!! Please let me know if you find something out!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 26 2013, 02:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 22 2013, 08:01 AM) *
Thanks again man!! Please let me know if you find something out!

Well, the guy from planet rock hasnt been any use so far but I just heard back from sophie K who presents the breaking bands show on team rock, I had asked her if DOC were on the playlist and she said she would look into it, hopefully she'll get you guys on soon.
Ive managed to catch most of her shows so far, although I missed last nights but from what Ive heard Team Rock would be the better station to get played on.
Hopefully I will be able to find out in advance when you guys are on so we can all bombard their twitter and facebook pages afterwards smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2013, 07:18 AM
Instructor
Hey man, thanks a lot again!! Let me know if you hear something biggrin.gif

How's playing?

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 27 2013, 08:34 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2013, 07:18 AM) *
How's playing?

not too bad. Still kinda learning the hand sync lesson, not yet got all the parts properly memorized but its coming along smile.gif
I think I have that neo classical one about as good as Im going to get it. I also had been working on a pentatonic styled lesson for a while, it has taken me ages to get it up to speed but Im starting to play it at full speed now.
still working away on my own stuff rolleyes.gif

Been trying to get something for your industrial collab as well, totally not familiar with the style so its been a bit tough. I'll try again tonight and see if I can get it finished.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2013, 08:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 27 2013, 07:34 AM) *
not too bad. Still kinda learning the hand sync lesson, not yet got all the parts properly memorized but its coming along smile.gif
I think I have that neo classical one about as good as Im going to get it. I also had been working on a pentatonic styled lesson for a while, it has taken me ages to get it up to speed but Im starting to play it at full speed now.
still working away on my own stuff rolleyes.gif

Been trying to get something for your industrial collab as well, totally not familiar with the style so its been a bit tough. I'll try again tonight and see if I can get it finished.

Alright man, guess I can push the deadline to include tomorrow as well smile.gif Go planet! biggrin.gif Take your time with memorizing the lessons, you can't push that - it'll only end up with you not remembering everything wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 27 2013, 08:44 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 27 2013, 11:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2013, 08:44 AM) *
Alright man, guess I can push the deadline to include tomorrow as well smile.gif Go planet! biggrin.gif

Its cool, dude. Im sure I will have it finished by midnight tonight biggrin.gif
I bet you havent even began doing your take yet and you'll still come up with a killer solo! Ive been playing around with it for a week and still have bits I dont like rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Jun 27 2013, 11:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2013, 07:37 AM
Instructor
You're right laugh.gif I will probably start tinkering with mine today - for me it is important to hear it in my head and then lay it down on the track - it is just a matter of practicing it, afterwards smile.gif I've noticed you and Ville uploaded takes so, I will go check'em out right away.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 3 2013, 10:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yo cap'n smile.gif
Ive been trying to tidy up that neo lesson....

here's the actual lesson - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/ for reference.

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Hey amigo!!

Looks cool to me! Now I will be a nag and point out two details biggrin.gif

0:19 - you bent that with your fingers tongue.gif

0:46 you haven't actually reached the correct pitch

These are just details but they are important once you aim for the supreme level of interpretation! I think that if you put a little attitude into it it can score 11 in the REC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 4 2013, 12:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2013, 10:47 AM) *
0:19 - you bent that with your fingers tongue.gif

0:46 you haven't actually reached the correct pitch

HA! if those are the only bends I missed then I'll take that as a victory! biggrin.gif

yeah, the one at 0:46 has been an 'issue' since I began with it. I should be able to sort those bits out over the next couple of nights and re-record it.
Ive also been playing Gab's new Kyuss lesson which has been going really well, I could have 2 potential rec tracks ready for over the weekend smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:08 PM