Bending & Vibrato Chat (video), Suitable for all levels of skills
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2009, 10:43 AM
GMC Founder
Bending & Vibrato Video Chat

WHEN? Today Wednesday, countdown here. Edit - this chat is now finished, thanks everybody for joining!

WHY? To show you the easiest way to sound like a pro without being one: bending & vibrato

WHERE?
In the video chat.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL? Complete beginner.

PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED? You need to be able to play one note on the guitar - if you can play one note you qualify for this video chat wink.gif You will not be required to know any scales or techniques - we will take it from the very start and show you where and how to place your finger on the fretboard - and then we will attempt to bend the string and add vibrato to it.

INSTRUCTOR? Kristofer Dahl (me wink.gif )

OTHER COMMENTS Intermediate and advanced students are more than welcome as well - we will have a good time in the chat and you might pick up one or two things too!

--------------------
New to the forums / video chat?

* You don't need to say anything in the chat - feel free to just watch and learn.
* To attend the video chat you need to be registered and logged in on the forum, do it here
* Only the instructor is shown on video, students communicate via text - here is how it looks:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Fran
Sep 16 2009, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool! I'll try to be there Kris smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 16 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Count me in!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 16 2009, 03:29 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I could come this time smile.gif It will be at 9pm in here, I'll see if i can make it.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 16 2009, 03:33 PM
GMC:er
I have to work tonight!!!
mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 16 2009, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I will be there if i am not playing NHL 10

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Bondy
Sep 16 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool hopefully i will have finished work by then smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2009, 05:35 PM
GMC Founder
Great, I hope to see many of you there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2009, 07:04 PM
GMC Founder
Final Call!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Sep 16 2009, 07:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 16 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Final Call!

Hey kris!

count me in! (that is if im not on the airplane by that time) il try to be there

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2009, 08:09 PM
GMC Founder
This was an intense and cool session - we had a lot of spontaneous discussions and questions going on - and we also covered quite some ground on the bending/vibrato topic. Thanks everybody for joining! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Sep 16 2009, 08:13 PM
I was making a song and forgot all about the time. sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Sep 16 2009, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Dang it, I missed it. Maybe next time.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Sep 16 2009, 08:35 PM
For sure, Kris! Great lesson. Especially for a noob like me to bending and vibrato.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Sep 16 2009, 09:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for the lesson Kris... really enjoyed it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 16 2009, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Damn, I missed the chat by 2 hours dry.gif well... next time! I'm sure it was a fun chat! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 16 2009, 09:50 PM
Instructor
I am sure you guys had a blast and learned a lot from Kristofer.

Is there any way we could see a replay or rerun of those video chats? That would be super cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2009, 10:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh I missed this sad.gif

Pedja's idea is cool, maybe there could be a rerun or something...if the video chats are recorded... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 17 2009, 08:36 AM
GMC Founder
We don't have a good way of presenting the recorded video files.

Also I feel that the video file is not a good representation of the chat - the cool thing about the chat is the fact that it's live and that the questions/interaction of the students that dictates the direction and content.

One solution would be to edit in the questions in the video file and then publish it. Still I think it would be cooler to just repeat the chat with the same theme - when/if there is an interest. Of course instructors are very welcome to participate as well (you should! to better prepare your own video chats)

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 17 2009, 09:15 AM
Learning Roadie
dang.. missed it also.. :S

and no replay.. it would be awesome to have a replay, and not being "forced" to reschedule whatever it is that you do to be able to attend..

I am also thinking about our american friends and others who are in very different time zones..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:19 PM