Thinking Of Getting One Of These
Phil66
May 3 2019, 09:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I'll only take it in the UK as I've always got my car and can keep it safely stored and insured in the boot during the day, I'll only use it abroad if staying in a private apartment and we have luggage capacity.

What do you think?

https://snap-dragon-guitars.com/travel-elec...ragon-snapaxe-e

https://snap-dragon-guitars.com/travel-acou...ragon-snapaxe-a

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 3 2019, 10:26 PM
GMC:er
It looks nice actually, seem like a quality guitar. The scale being a bit shorter wouldn't be a problem but I don't like the idea of foldable guitars. Constant tension change of the strings will kill them pretty soon, so expect often string change.

When I made my research on travel guitars, I actually ordered a Hofner shorty but later the store called to say it was out of stock. Make a search on them, they have an interesting fan base often modified for enjoyment. Very affordable but the only dowside is they need a strap to be played.

My luthier also recommended "travel guitar" as a HQ alternative; https://travelerguitar.com/pages/new-releases

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
May 3 2019, 11:16 PM
Learning Roadie
They look interesting! But as Mertay mentioned, a foldable guitar doesn't seem nice for the strings. Personally, I'd look for some 3/4 if I ever have to look for a travel guitar or I'd try out some of those Mertay linked. I like the pink one and the price seems somewhat reasonable (please don't judge me biggrin.gif ).
I'm not sure how a guitar with just contour and empty space besides the playing part would feel like, so be sure to check if you're really okay with that. Sometimes when looking for equipment or even clothes I convince myself that I won't mind the downsides of a product because the price makes it worth or because I got really stubborn and like the design and most of the times I regret it as soon as I get home. That's another thing to avoid smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adam M: May 3 2019, 11:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 4 2019, 02:20 AM
Seems handy smile.gif You can always send it back if you don't like it. You could also get a steinberger style guitar. It won't fold, but they are not very big smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 4 2019, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the comments folks,

The reason I thought about this was if I go on a flight it could go in the suitcase in the middle of the clothes, the other guitars are a little bit longer than most of my cases.

I'm not worried about the strings needing changing, and to be honest my ear wouldn't notice. I'll be using it as I would use a Shredneck which you can't really even tune so the ones I'm looking at will be better than that.

I thought the electric one would be best as it would be quieter (I won't be taking an amp except maybe something like THIS)

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 20 2019, 08:36 PM
Ordered my Snapaxe E today. Should be here on Wednesday.

They do some with an "Evertune" bridge but they are more costly https://snap-dragon-guitars.com/electric-wi...traxe-solo-noir

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
May 20 2019, 11:13 PM
Learning Roadie
That's great! I hope you'll enjoy it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 21 2019, 12:56 PM
Cool, let us know how it compares to your other guitars, would be interesting to find out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 21 2019, 01:06 PM
Thanks,

I'm not expecting it to be amazing, I was going to get a ShredNeck but didn't really see the point of "pretending", it's just to keep my fingers tuned in really wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 22 2019, 06:46 AM
GMC Founder
The only travel guitar I have experience and can vouch for is the Spirit GT Pro.
https://www.thomann.de/se/steinberger_guita...ASABEgKOKfD_BwE

I actually recorded with [a modded version of] it yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/kristofer.dahl/vid...58083256647069/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2019, 07:25 AM
Well mine is coming today, so long as it holds tune and is okay to play it will be just what I need for weekend away practise. I doubt I'll be getting full hours on it but it's there if I get a slot. As I said, I'll be using it like people use ShredNecks but it will be in tune and more real. smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 23 2019, 10:39 AM
Just my luck, my travel guitar has gone off on its travels, it's missing in transit, they're dispatching another today rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 23 2019, 10:54 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 24 2019, 09:07 AM
Well the replacement is here, haven't unpacked it but will do this evening. wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 24 2019, 10:04 AM
Cool, shoot some photos too biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 24 2019, 09:18 PM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=60159 wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:36 AM