> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Mhskeide's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2019, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! It's nice to know that your band is keeping you active making music!

I'll check your take in a minute. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 5 2019, 07:23 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 5 2019, 03:00 PM) *
Cool mate! It's nice to know that your band is keeping you active making music!

I'll check your take in a minute. smile.gif

Hopefully, we`ll be making our debut live! Just got some minor details to flesh out, such as finalizing lyrics and acquiring an amp for the bass player!

And thanks for the feedback on the lesson! I think you came with a great suggestion about breaking down each segments, practicing over a loop and implementing with my own licks. I have been far too lazy with this, which is probably why my lead playing is often boring. Will definitely give that a shot going forward! Also...I`m suspecting a take 4 of that lesson biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2019, 10:40 PM
Instructor
GREAT!! Go for it!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 8 2019, 11:36 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Did a second take of this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

If you got more lessons like this in mind - short, and focus on feel, flow and timing - feel free to share!

In a busy day, it`s a bit easier putting together a 30s solo than 90-120s smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2019, 03:46 PM
Instructor
I don't remember many 30 seconds lessons, but these are cool and not very long:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/King-Alberts-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bonamassa-Blues-Rock/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Cray-Fish-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/8-Bar-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-Kin...le-8-Bar-Blues/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 9 2019, 04:52 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Fittingly enough, I only have a strat at home when going on christmas vacay soon, so that should be perf! Thanks a bunch smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2019, 05:54 AM
Instructor
Great!! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 11 2019, 02:21 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Happy wednesday!

After being on and off the mentoring program (hopefully remaining on for some time now), I thought I`d share some original music for once!

Bear in mind, drums are currently programmed, and the guitars are just a 1st take through my Helix with no post processing. I will most certainly clean it up before we (hopefully) enter a studio. Also, it is supposed to have vocals, but the vocalist is sort of AWOL these days biggrin.gif

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cbC_RVojb7...iew?usp=sharing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2019, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!!

That sounds very powerful!! I like those riffs and rhythms! The vocals will be important to complete the songs but this base is very promising! smile.gif

Is everything ok with the singer? sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 21 2019, 11:00 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 11 2019, 02:53 PM) *
Hi mate!!

That sounds very powerful!! I like those riffs and rhythms! The vocals will be important to complete the songs but this base is very promising! smile.gif

Is everything ok with the singer? sad.gif

The singer is okay, but he has a lot of other priorities and not so much time. So we are considering making it a power trio in 2020, and sing ourselves blink.gif

So I guess that will be my next great challenge: Sing over the sorts of rhythms like in the song I shared.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2019, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Dec 21 2019, 07:00 AM) *
The singer is okay, but he has a lot of other priorities and not so much time. So we are considering making it a power trio in 2020, and sing ourselves blink.gif

So I guess that will be my next great challenge: Sing over the sorts of rhythms like in the song I shared.

That’s the best you can do. It’s a great long term decision.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 25 2019, 11:40 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2019, 02:58 PM) *
That’s the best you can do. It’s a great long term decision.

Indeed! And while we await the decision and singing training, here`s some blues for ya: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry773642

Happy holidays smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2019, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate! The same to you!

Lesson graded!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 28 2019, 08:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 26 2019, 02:11 PM) *
Thanks mate! The same to you!

Lesson graded!

Oh boy, I need to get my ears checked blink.gif I thought I had a solid 8-10 going on when posting it, but reading the feedback so far, I can totally see the points you and Todd have made. And, I guess a 7 is a solid take, and a 10 should lack nothing, which is not the case.

But as Todd (and you previously) suggested, I`ll try to continue to work on vibrato lessons. I do at least feel I have some sort of momentum and have improved my vibrato over the last year, so here`s to continuous learning smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2020, 03:01 PM
Instructor
This sounds great mate, how is it going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 15 2020, 09:52 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi Gab, and happy new year!

It`s going extremely well! My band has had sort of a phoenix rebirth the last weeks. 2 members out, 1 in, and finally some proper momentum. So it`s been mostly "band guitar" and not so much "magnus guitar" the last two weeks.

That said, I am practicing this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Essentials-8/
We are hopefully going to studio soon, so I figured that one would be good to improve tightness for recording, even though our sound is a bit more sludgy.

Other than that, I have on my agenda to also pick and REC a lesson more towards vibrato/dynamics. Or just vibrato... literally found this old gem while writing this reply: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/hard_r...ng_and_vibrato/ tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2020, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Great to hear from you!! Happy new year!! smile.gif

These are all great news! Please keep me updated about your band's recording and your progress on this lessons!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 28 2020, 11:58 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I`m far from 100% on this one, but I wanted to post an update and let this lesson rest for a bit:

I guess some Gojira or old school Metallica is up next to practice my right hand biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2020, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jan 28 2020, 07:58 PM) *
I`m far from 100% on this one, but I wanted to post an update and let this lesson rest for a bit:

I guess some Gojira or old school Metallica is up next to practice my right hand biggrin.gif

Cool! Nice to hear from you. I'll comment and grade it there! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Feb 6 2020, 08:41 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 1 2020, 09:52 PM) *
Cool! Nice to hear from you. I'll comment and grade it there! Thanks for sharing.

Seems I have all the grades I need, and I was too eager to put something out. I`ll practice this one over time and return with some more proper smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:19 PM