3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
666, Devil's Music And Such
blindwillie
Nov 7 2007, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
I'm not going to state an opinion or anything. I just find reading like this interesting in many ways.
If you are interested, read it and I'm sure you'll have an opinion of your own.

Satan's Music

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 7 2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor
just look at the domain. I don't think this is a very neutral site in this regard ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 7 2007, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Nov 7 2007, 02:21 PM) *
just look at the domain. I don't think this is a very neutral site in this regard ...

I agree. Honestly I think that it's just a religious sight trying to tear down lots of good music. I just skimmed over the article titles, I didn't click on any, but thats the way it seems. I mean, it had articles talking about Michael Jackson and Freddy Mercury; sure they're both gay and Jackson is a pervert, but I don't think that either of them advocated devil worship, and Freddy Mercury doesn't deserve what they said about him.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Nov 8 2007, 04:11 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 7 2007, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Nov 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
I'm not going to state an opinion or anything. I just find reading like this interesting in many ways.
If you are interested, read it and I'm sure you'll have an opinion of your own.

Satan's Music

That seriously made my day, hahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 11:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
I find the remarks made by that site about Freddie Mercury pretty untasteful and darn right nasty! sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 8 2007, 12:33 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I agree Matt,
it saddens me when some view another person's sexuality as a term of abuse. I had a great friend die of AIDS a number of years ago, another close friend of my family has AIDS at the moment. So I'm disappointed when some people take the 'serves them right' line. Neither of my friends 'deserve' it.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 12:36 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 7 2007, 11:33 PM) *
I agree Matt,
it saddens me when some view another person's sexuality as a term of abuse. I had a great friend die of AIDS a number of years ago, another close friend of my family has AIDS at the moment. So I'm disappointed when some people take the 'serves them right' line. Neither of my friends 'deserve' it.

Cheers,
Tony

Agreed Tony, itis a pretty harsh stance to take against people! A member of my family also has it, and like freddy he is a really great person!! smile.gif

Matt

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 01:03 AM
I have a sudden urge to listen to Slayer... laugh.gif

On this website it says ACDC promote pedophelia huh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 8 2007, 01:07 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 8 2007, 01:14 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 01:30 AM
Incidentally, theres only two sections in the bible that condone homosexuality and thirty-two that attack sex in general.

From this should we conclude it is more acceptable in the eyes of god to be gay? tongue.gif

Freddy doesnt deserve such disrespect sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 8 2007, 02:02 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Whoever made that site, has aquired my loathing of them.

I just hate Ignorance, no one should disrespect Freddy like that!

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Nov 8 2007, 02:28 AM
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Nov 7 2007, 02:21 PM) *

Well let's not confuse the everyday church going people with an extremist group like the one that put up that website.

Just because these whackos have "Jesus" attached to their lame agenda doesn't mean others who believe in God are just as whacky as these people.

Its the classic case of a "few bad apples runing the whole bunch".

I looked at some of the links.. alot of them were really a stretch. Like the one about Paul McCartney holding up the OK sign and that it represented 666. PUHLEEZE!!!

This post has been edited by JCJXXL: Nov 8 2007, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Nov 8 2007, 02:45 AM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 8 2007, 01:14 AM) *
Those people really scare me though... unsure.gif The only place they belong is a mental hospital...

Yeah ... or a METAL hospital laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Nov 8 2007, 02:56 AM
I think they should clean up their own backyard before pointing fingers at other people.
How many so called religious leaders have been caught doing morally questionable things.

I'm not going to start a list, but coming from Canada, there has been a lot of articles of religious figures being prosecuted for various crimes.

I know this is not the norm. But maybe solving the problems in your own group might be a better solution than pointing fingers at other groups.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 8 2007, 03:48 AM
UGH! This sort of stuff (the website, not your post) really frustrates me. It makes Christians look like a bunch of closed-minded, narrow-viewed and ignorant morons. I'm a Christian, I've listened to this "Satanic" music for years, and I have no desire to perform human sacrifice, drink blood, etc, and I haven't grown horns. I do find some music offensive to my religious beliefs, so I choose not to listen to it; I don't judge anyone who does listen...
So please don't think that all Christians think this way...in fact it is probably only a very small percentage. Most of us actually read the part of the Bible where it says not to judge people, to respect your brothers and sisters, and to be patient and understanding with others. In other words, we are not all that lame biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 8 2007, 04:46 AM
Just because this site is so against it i think im going to listen to some actual satanic music biggrin.gif All hail GOATHORN!.. jk i know all christens aren't like this, this is a sad miss representation. Kinda funny at the same time. The only thing shocking is john lennon saying that the beatles were bigger than jesus. I know it might be true but there is no need.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 8 2007, 03:46 AM) *
Just because this site is so against it i think im going to listen to some actual satanic music biggrin.gif All hail GOATHORN!.. jk i know all christens aren't like this, this is a sad miss representation. Kinda funny at the same time. The only thing shocking is john lennon saying that the beatles were bigger than jesus. I know it might be true but there is no need.

I'm sure in those years the Beatles probably marketed more records than Christianity did Bibles, maybe this was the case. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 8 2007, 05:34 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 8 2007, 04:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
John Lennon once took acid then gathered his bandmates to inform them that HE was Jesus Christ.....According to Lennon himself....So, Yeah....rockstars on drugs will say alot of weird things.

+Quote Post
Maximus
Nov 8 2007, 04:51 AM
That's it! Im burning my REO Speedwagon collection.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 8 2007, 04:59 AM
OK, I was a bit worried about posting it. I'm not religious and I try to respect all views on things. I didn't wont to start a war nor push my opinions down someones throat. Now people had the time to voice their opinions and it stayed at a reasonable level I think.

I don't agree with fanatic opinions in any area, but I get stuck reading or listening when I find things like this.
It's fascinating to see the arguments and what conclusions people can draw from the smallest thing. And on that conclusion build a big truth. How they mix up cause and result. How they see things I fail to see. How they inconsequently judge everything that they can give a certain label as genuinly bad or good without any grey scales. I'm not picking on any religion or anything. I'm just curious about what drives fanatics. Of all kinds. Religious, political, racists...
Usually fanatism turns out bad for the little man or woman in the end, but that's just my opinion.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:27 PM