3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
New Gmc Video Lessons Page! :), A little restructuring
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2008, 01:24 AM
Instructor
Looks very neat now, great improvement smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodyPaul
Sep 3 2008, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
Ok, I've gotten used to the new look, and the video layout may be better ( for me beginner, absolute beginner etc... ) easier to find lessons I can use. But I'm still having a hard time finding some things. The beginner kick off, now called the portal took a long time to find. It's a very light grey and hard to see the link, at least for old dudes like me sad.gif And I can't find the written lessons at all, probably in plain sight somewhere. Could someone direst me to where they are now? I don't know how many others read them but they're full of useful stuff. I'd really like to find them again.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 08:42 AM
Instructor
Looks too much better !!! I love it wink.gif

Well done Kris and all GMC Staff smile.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Sep 3 2008, 08:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Looks great, thumbs up for all the work smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 3 2008, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Nice improvement, it looks a lot easier and faster now to choose the right lessons!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 3 2008, 09:42 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the great and encouraging feedback! biggrin.gif Remember that the new structure is achieved thanks to your help here in the forum. smile.gif

QUOTE (CodyPaul @ Sep 3 2008, 05:08 AM) *
And I can't find the written lessons at all, probably in plain sight somewhere. Could someone direst me to where they are now? I don't know how many others read them but they're full of useful stuff. I'd really like to find them again.

Yes I understand some things are harder to find now that we have moved them! Andrews lessons can be found by searching for "Andrew" or "theory" in the video search. You will also find a link to them by scrolling down on the main page.

Oh and it struck me I could just give you the link now! biggrin.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3351

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodyPaul
Sep 3 2008, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 3 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Thanks for the great and encouraging feedback! biggrin.gif Remember that the new structure is achieved thanks to your help here in the forum. smile.gif

Yes I understand some things are harder to find now that we have moved them! Andrews lessons can be found by searching for "Andrew" or "theory" in the video search. You will also find a link to them by scrolling down on the main page.

Oh and it struck me I could just give you the link now! biggrin.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3351

ROTFL laugh.gif Thanks Kristofer, you sound like my dad " I could show you where it is but if you do this and find it yourself...."

Hey, and if no ones ever said it, thanks for starting this in the first place. I don't take advantage of it like I should but I really appreciate it being here. And that goes to ALL the instructors too.

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Sep 3 2008, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (CodyPaul @ Sep 3 2008, 02:37 PM) *
ROTFL laugh.gif Thanks Kristofer, you sound like my dad " I could show you where it is but if you do this and find it yourself...."

Hey, and if no ones ever said it, thanks for starting this in the first place. I don't take advantage of it like I should but I really appreciate it being here. And that goes to ALL the instructors too.

Like the new format, but it really shows how topheavy Metal style is to the rest of the styles

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
vintageplaya
Sep 4 2008, 12:01 AM
Awesome!! Thats definatley what we needed.

It's alot easier now to find the particular style within the main sub groups. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 4 2008, 03:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool Kris! This is quit an improvement! Much more ordered, GMC is the best laugh.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 4 2008, 03:22 PM
I like the new style and groupings a lot. It looks smarter. Although I do have one question. Some videos I think are in the wrong sections. Like Acoustic Tale which is Jerry's new lesson. This is in rock but shouldn't it be in Acoustic - Other section or is it right in the rock section as it is quite a rock infused lesson.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Sep 5 2008, 10:50 AM
Flamenco Instructor
Really I like it the new structure!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 5 2008, 02:55 PM
It's great! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2008, 03:24 PM
Instructor
It looks great now!! I like it. Good job Kris and team! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gus
Sep 5 2008, 04:16 PM
Great work.

I think that specially creating some special levels like "absolute beginner" and "insane" will help people to find what they want.

The style separation is great.
Only place I missed some more classification was for acoustic lessons. Maybe adding at least one additional classification like "steel guitar"? There are, of course, several ways of playing acoustic guitar with steel strings (ballad, folk, pop, rhythm guitar in rock...). But basically this is severely different than flamenco and classical.
But not having this classification also shows that this is one particular area missing lessons.

This is the one area I have more experience, so actually I am thinking of making SI lessons on it, but it would be good to have more lessons from the instructors like Marcus Siepen's "Harvest of sorrow" lesson (Did I just hear we will have a bard's song lesson? tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by Gus: Sep 5 2008, 04:16 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 7 2008, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Is it possible to have a ordered list in the "in the style of" lessons? Now if you click on all, you just get all the "In the Style Of" lessons ordered by date. I think it's better if the "all..." button links to a list. Because it's a big section, it's important to orden it.

As I already said, this is a great progression for GMC!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 7 2008, 08:02 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I like the new groupings, they make it a lot easier to find lessons, but where did the exercise section go?

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 7 2008, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Sep 7 2008, 09:02 PM) *
but where did the exercise section go?

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Sep 8 2008, 04:16 AM
Where are the Rhythm guitar lessons at now(Not style specific)

thanks,

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Sep 8 2008, 04:18 AM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 8 2008, 09:09 AM
GMC Founder
Exercises and rhythm lessons can be found by clicking the advanced search...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search_re...php?formSearch=

And choosing either exercises or rhythm/riffs. Make sure that the search field is empty or you will only get the lessons that match your search query!

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 7 2008, 07:57 PM) *
Is it possible to have a ordered list in the "in the style of" lessons? Now if you click on all, you just get all the "In the Style Of" lessons ordered by date. I think it's better if the "all..." button links to a list. Because it's a big section, it's important to orden it.

No the only options we have now are is to browse that section udner video lessons or perform a quick search on the "In the style" guitarist you a looking for.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM