Find Our Your Life "philosophy" :)
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2015, 06:58 AM
GMC:er
I found a great article on one of my fave web sites on "Critical Rationalism" which is sorta my touchstone philosophy of life. If you don't really know what yours is, good news! There is quick web test to give you a rough idea wink.gif

http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/4235/0.html

Here is a link to the article. (on libertarianism.org of course, which is, of course one of the best sites for such things imho)

http://www.libertarianism.org/publications...cal-rationalism

The trouble with being a critical rationalist is that one is prone to question, everything, all the time. I find this to be a fun way to be smile.gif Some folks really find it frustrating, especially if they don't question anything, ever. Which is sadly many many folks. Anyhoo, let me know what you get from the test. It's just a silly web test but it's a handy place to start smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 5 2015, 08:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got:

Wow! You live according to
critical rationalism!
Sir Carl Popper seems to have influenced you. You question everything that happens in this world, your own behavior included! Everything is a matter of perception and perspective to you. This makes you a person that´s easy to be around, because you can put yourself in other people´s shoes and understand foreign perspectives better than anyone!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 5 2015, 12:01 PM
You live according to Plato´s
theory of ideas!
All things in this world have a deeper meaning to you. Even in a loaf of bread, you see truth, beauty and the very essence of life. While some people might find this strange, you are simply a great thinker! A true philosopher!

Though I'll have to read the second link to truly understand what critical rationalism is biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 5 2015, 02:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
First, The second question asks us about our democracy, We have , a Republic with a democratic process . To find ones theory/ values of life you need a little more than a few shallow questions.
Enlighten Absolutism is what my the test said which says I am rationally questioning things, so to put that to the test . This is nothing more than something to blow sunshine up someone's arse in a feeble attempt to make 0ne feel good about themselves

I sure am glad I am a half full type of person wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2015, 06:05 PM
Yup I got the same smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:18 AM) *
I got:

critical rationalism!
Sir Carl Popper seems to have influenced you. You question everything that happens in this world, your own behavior included! Everything is a matter of perception and perspective to you. This makes you a person that´s easy to be around, because you can put yourself in other people´s shoes and understand foreign perspectives better than anyone!

I gotta say yours sounds more fun!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 5 2015, 07:01 AM) *
theory of ideas!
All things in this world have a deeper meaning to you. Even in a loaf of bread, you see truth, beauty and the very essence of life. While some people might find this strange, you are simply a great thinker! A true philosopher!

Though I'll have to read the second link to truly understand what critical rationalism is biggrin.gif

It's just a fun web quiz man, don't read to much into it smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 5 2015, 09:16 AM) *
First, The second question asks us about our democracy, We have , a Republic with a democratic process . To find ones theory/ values of life you need a little more than a few shallow questions.
Enlighten Absolutism is what my the test said which says I am rationally questioning things, so to put that to the test . This is nothing more than something to blow sunshine up someone's arse in a feeble attempt to make 0ne feel good about themselves

I sure am glad I am a half full type of person wink.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 5 2015, 06:34 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 5 2015, 03:01 AM) *
theory of ideas!

+1
theory of ideas!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2015, 07:14 PM
Two Platonic Minded folks so far. A couple of Critical Rationalists. I"m waiting for the Libertarian Anarchists to show up smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 5 2015, 01:34 PM) *
+1
theory of ideas!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 5 2015, 07:34 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Critical Rationalism = Everything is subjective?

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 5 2015, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie
critical rationalism!

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 5 2015, 08:25 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2015, 04:42 AM
Not only subjective, but entirely theoretical and largely beyond proof. wink.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 5 2015, 02:34 PM) *
Critical Rationalism = Everything is subjective?

Welcome to the club!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 5 2015, 03:23 PM) *
critical rationalism!

Laurent

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 6 2015, 08:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
+1 for Plato here cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 6 2015, 11:02 PM
Plato for me.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2015, 07:30 PM
We have more Platonics!!! smile.gif Welcome!

QUOTE (Fran @ Sep 6 2015, 03:21 PM) *
+1 for Plato here cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:39 PM