3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Lesson Requests?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2019, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Hello friends!

We are constantly working on new lessons so it's a good idea to ask....

Do you have any lesson requests? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 1 2019, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't know how it would work but after watching the video below I think it would be great for some lessons where an instructor could be Paul Gilbert and the student could feed off him.

Maybe it could be a series starting with a single chord jam moving up to full progressions. For beginners a countdown to chord changes would be good, something like "change to D two three four now". The countdown to chord changes could be on the downloadable backing track so students can record over it in their DAW, there could also be backing without the cues to cord changes for when the student is ready.

https://youtu.be/xYpzAw0IiCM

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 3 2019, 08:28 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2019, 04:24 PM
Instructor
That's a cool idea Phil. I love Paul's approach to phrasing and rhythm. He has become a monster on it in the last years.

I think that this could be a very good idea for Kris Jam School. For now I think that this lesson is the closer to this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jam-Sc...ic-Development/

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 1 2019, 05:58 PM) *
Maybe it could be a series starting with a single chord jam moving up to full progressions. For beginners a countdown to chord changes would be good, something like "change to D two three for now". The countdown to chord changes could be on the downloadable backing track so students can record over it in their DAW, there could also be backing without the cues to cord changes for when the student is ready.

Excellent ideas here. Thanks a lot.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 3 2019, 08:32 PM
I really hope this can become something Gab, maybe various instructors could give it a go to add different flavours etc. It could be a really really enjoyable aspect to GMC and the closest thing that people who don't have guitar playing friends will get to a call and response jam session. It could be a section all on its own somewhere on GMC in different styles, it would be a great break from normal practise when students are feeling a little bored or are struggling with something and need to cut loose a little cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2019, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Yes, we will definitely work on something. Thanks again Phil!!

Any other ideas, concepts, bands or guitarists to cover?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 4 2019, 03:13 PM
How about lessons concentrating on using the various scales, penta, major, minor etc but along the neck rather than boxes like Satriani and Vai. Obviously not whole solos but sections of solos.
The series could concentrate on one string first then onto playing across two and onto three.
Two songs that spring to mind using this are Flying In A Blue Dream and For The Love Of God.

I know we can explore these ourselves but not all students are that way inclined and it may just open up avenues for them that encourages them to explore wink.gif

Just some brainstorming ideas for you wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 4 2019, 03:27 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 7 2019, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

My ideas:
- more Tony McAlpine,
- pop song in metal style,
- culture club - chameleon

another idea is cover song in 180 degrees:
example is culture club - in blues chameloen version

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2019, 11:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
While very obscure, I've always wanted a lesson in the style of Psychotic Waltz biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 7 2019, 11:54 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2019, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 4 2019, 11:13 AM) *
How about lessons concentrating on using the various scales, penta, major, minor etc but along the neck rather than boxes like Satriani and Vai. Obviously not whole solos but sections of solos.
The series could concentrate on one string first then onto playing across two and onto three.
Two songs that spring to mind using this are Flying In A Blue Dream and For The Love Of God.

I know we can explore these ourselves but not all students are that way inclined and it may just open up avenues for them that encourages them to explore wink.gif

Just some brainstorming ideas for you wink.gif

Great brainstorming Phil!! I like these ideas. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Jul 7 2019, 07:42 AM) *
Hi,

My ideas:
- more Tony McAlpine,
- pop song in metal style,
- culture club - chameleon

another idea is cover song in 180 degrees:
example is culture club - in blues chameloen version

Cool Lukasz! Thanks mate!

Do you have any example for "pop song in metal style"?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 7 2019, 07:54 AM) *
While very obscure, I've always wanted a lesson in the style of Psychotic Waltz biggrin.gif

Good idea Cael! Thanks!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 7 2019, 03:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Do you have any example for "pop song in metal style"?

Hmm,
For example i found havana song

Another idea is go for any very known theme for example: Game Of Thrones

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Jul 7 2019, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2019, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Jul 7 2019, 11:55 AM) *
Hmm,
For example i found havana song

Another idea is go for any very known theme for example: Game Of Thrones

Ah now I got it! I'm not completely sure if we are able to do this due to copyright issues. It's a cool idea but I'll ask Kris about it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2019, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Any more requests guys? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2019, 08:21 PM
This video is far too advanced for me but, how about lessons covering this kind of thing but starting really simple. The concept starts at 1:00 and his examples start at 2:00

https://youtu.be/f4c0Bt9KmFQ

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2019, 06:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2019, 04:21 PM) *
This video is far too advanced for me but, how about lessons covering this kind of thing but starting really simple. The concept starts at 1:00 and his examples start at 2:00

https://youtu.be/f4c0Bt9KmFQ

That's a great video. I love Paul's approach to Rhythm, and this video is just from the first years when he started to focus on this topics. I've seen him doing amazing rhythm jams on a live clinic here in Buenos Aires the last year.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 13 2019, 06:10 PM
There's one from much earlier when he had long hair, it was on VHS video and he trapped out rhythms on his thighs and then played licks in the same rhythm, I have searched for it but can't find it anywhere. sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2019, 07:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 13 2019, 02:10 PM) *
There's one from much earlier when he had long hair, it was on VHS video and he trapped out rhythms on his thighs and then played licks in the same rhythm, I have searched for it but can't find it anywhere. sad.gif

I think that you'll enjoy this:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 14 2019, 09:56 AM
Thanks for sharing Gab, that part at 4:43-5:22 ohmy.gif That's it right there, where there's no backing but you can seriously tap your foot to it.

6:47-7:10 brilliant,

9:22-9:35 that's me.

I haven't had chance to watch it all but I will

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2019, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 14 2019, 05:56 AM) *
Thanks for sharing Gab, that part at 4:43-5:22 ohmy.gif That's it right there, where there's no backing but you can seriously tap your foot to it.

6:47-7:10 brilliant,

9:22-9:35 that's me.

I haven't had chance to watch it all but I will

Cheers buddy

He says that he mostly thinks on rhythm and tone when playing. I can really hear it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Jul 21 2019, 09:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Rythm guitar lesson will be cool, there're not a lot.
And more musical style because currently many are oriented metal or guitar hero or this kind

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 21 2019, 12:01 PM
Yeah rhythm would be good, I bet a lot of us neglect chords.

Also rhythm and lead combined like this with explanations and suggestions on which notes to play. We've touched on this in my thread but some lessons for REC would be great wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoE0PQNjW9Q...eature=youtu.be

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:10 PM