Hearing Loss With Paul Gilbert Of Mr. Big
Mertay
Oct 15 2020, 11:04 AM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 15 2020, 12:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I take it this is an infomercial type thing.

I bet the Racer X volume was crazy in the 80s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2020, 02:09 PM
Instructor
This is interesting. I didn't know this "invisible" technology. I've been playing with rock bands since I was 13 so you can imagine that my ears are neither the same. The last time that I went to check them, the doctor said that I had the normal injury based on my profession and he asked to take care of my hearing.

That's when I started to use innear monitoring which are great because you hear a much better mix, you can have click, and they also act as sound isolators so you don't have your drummer hitting drums in your ear. biggrin.gif

Now seriously, if you are a live musician, you need to really take care of you ears.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 15 2020, 05:07 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 15 2020, 11:52 AM) *
I take it this is an infomercial type thing.

I bet the Racer X volume was crazy in the 80s

Yeah obviously focus is commercial but it was surprising to me Paul was using hearing aids, an important reminder to all of us. Also not only guitar, headphone usage is just as popular as when walkman was first introduced so the warnings must be taken seriously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2020, 07:19 PM
You only get one pair of ears. Imagine if you only got one pair of strings for life. How would you tend them? Your ears are the only set you get. They have to last. If you play live or even during a band practice, wear ear protection of some kind. In ear monitors are great for this. If they are too pricey, you can get very cheap ear plugs made of foam that can save you from losing your hearing too early. Hearing degrades over time, so you are going to lose some of it as you age. There's no reason to speed up the process by damaging your ears smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 15 2020, 12:07 PM) *
Yeah obviously focus is commercial but it was surprising to me Paul was using hearing aids, an important reminder to all of us. Also not only guitar, headphone usage is just as popular as when walkman was first introduced so the warnings must be taken seriously.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:24 PM