Fast Picking, All mest up
Guitar Master123
Jan 15 2007, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
Now that I have been working very hard to do alternate picking and speed up I am able to pick very fast and it is hard for me to not pick alternatingly. biggrin.gif Except now I am all mest up. Now when I try to pick fast my fingers can't catch up with my picking so it sounds horrible. How do I fix this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar Master123: Jan 15 2007, 07:13 AM

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 15 2007, 05:02 AM
Pick a lick you want to play fast, play it at a slow bpm to a metronome, and once you feel very comfortable at that speed, increase the speed. Start out slow, starting out fast won't help.

BTW you posted this thread 3 times. blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 15 2007, 07:16 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 15 2007, 04:02 AM) *
BTW you posted this thread 3 times. blink.gif

Yeah, I know, I didn't do it on purpose. I tried to post it but it didn't work, so I tried it 2 more times and it doesn't work. I logged off and when I came back on all 3 of them got posted. Do you know how to get rid of them?

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 15 2007, 07:34 AM
I don't think you can, maybe Kris can?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2007, 10:23 AM
GMC Founder
Yes he can - and so he did! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 15 2007, 11:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 15 2007, 03:27 AM) *
Now that I have been working very hard to do alternate picking and speed up I am able to pick very fast and it is hard for me to not pick alternatingly. biggrin.gif Except now I am all mest up. Now when I try to pick fast my fingers can't catch up with my picking so it sounds horrible. How do I fix this?

So how fast can you actually pick? Can you say it in BPM-s with 16th notes?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 PM