3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
New Start Page!
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 03:12 PM
GMC Founder
Ok almost 24 hours has passed and I still can't get enouh of it, Maria your design rocks!! biggrin.gif

I can't express enough how much the new start page means to me - in there is all the blood, sweat and tears of the GMC crew, instructors, bloggers, wiki writers...and YOU on the same page! That's right - one of the coolest features is still the latest forum topics which reflects the high quality of our forum, in my opinion.

Having said this I think some great new aspects have been brought up in this thread - for example our virtual bands are way too cool not to be featured on the main page.

As for the "clutterness" please keep the advices coming - combining lots of cool content with a simplistic impression is difficult but surely doable (what should we compare it with...maybe triplets plaid at 230 bpm? laugh.gif )

Either way I hope GMC will be able to hire the Rusty of web design in a close future - until then we just need something which manages to display our increasing update frequency as well as all the new features we have got.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 03:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
yes i noticed, very nice Maria ... great .. smile.gif also have a question .. about Kris that sometimes directly begins playing when opening the website .. mostly my speakers are at high volume .. and everytime i surf to GMC kris begins like .. YOU READY ! .. it scare's me everytime .. haha biggrin.gif cant you edit that, that it will play it only when you click at it ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by visi0n: Feb 13 2008, 03:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 04:08 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (visi0n @ Feb 13 2008, 03:42 PM) *
yes i noticed, very nice Maria ... great .. smile.gif also have a question .. about Kris that sometimes directly begins playing when opening the website .. mostly my speakers are at high volume .. and everytime i surf to GMC kris begins like .. YOU READY ! .. it scare's me everytime .. haha biggrin.gif cant you edit that, that it will play it only when you click at it ?

If you surf from the same computer and have cookies enabled in your browser - the video will only show up the first two times you visit the site. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 04:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Oke thats nice... i mostly delete everything .. maybe thats why i always see it haha .. thanks for the tip Kris .. awesome .. the GMC community smile.gif

-Ekrem

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 13 2008, 04:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Man this is awsome!! I love it. It's just like you said Kris, after 24 hours I probably still can't get enough of it!

THNX GMC

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 04:38 PM
GMC Founder
Ok ladies and gentlemen - for the first time ever in GMC history we have now been able to publish 4 video lessons at one time!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Do we rock or what?! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 13 2008, 04:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 13 2008, 04:38 PM) *
Ok ladies and gentlemen - for the first time ever in GMC history we have now been able to publish 4 video lessons at one time!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Do we rock or what?! biggrin.gif

Indeed we rock:P It's cool to have the four lessons there, and the band lessons alongside them. I only think it doesn't make it more simple to work with, but now we can see more new lessons...what to choose blink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 04:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 13 2008, 04:47 PM) *
Indeed we rock:P It's cool to have the four lessons there, and the band lessons alongside them. I only think it doesn't make it more simple to work with, but now we can see more new lessons...what to choose blink.gif

The one you like the most - this will trigger your inspiration and make you practice hard.

The more lessons we have got - the more likely it is you are going to find one that triggers you! biggrin.gif

Oh and if you like all of them...you are IN TROUBLE!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 13 2008, 11:38 PM
Instructor
Kris I don't know what to say except congratulations man. You, Maria and the Crew are doing a great job indeed, hats off to you guys for having this great love and enthusiasm for the site. I hope you'll be able to hire that pro designer to help you even further. I hope he's not too expensive unsure.gif

ROCK ON! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Feb 13 2008, 11:39 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2008, 11:46 PM
Instructor
GMC Rocks! Four updates per day! Awesome. smile.gif
Congratulations Kris for the new GREAT start page. It's look beatiful!

I'm very glad of being part of this amazing site.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 14 2008, 12:48 AM
Instructor
I like the new Start page, now it have more information because every day we are uploading more lesson and more info so I think it was really necesary, so well done !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 14 2008, 12:52 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2008, 05:46 PM) *
GMC Rocks! Four updates per day! Awesome. smile.gif
Congratulations Kris for the new GREAT start page. It's look beatiful!

I'm very glad of being part of this amazing site.

gabriel.-

Yeah, four updates a day is INSANE! I can't keep up tongue.gif

For the record I don't have any trouble navigating the site, just thinking how a newcomer might be a bit overwhelmed but everything does look great wink.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
The problem with the front page is evident. I love it lots because I'm a member and can see exactly what has been added to all sections and search the resource easily. For a new person to the site however it may be a little overwhelming. I really like the front page though.

Any possibly of adding Wiki to the black horizontal bar under the main header image?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:44 PM