2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How To Record Guitar With Exact Timing
Darius Wave
Mar 10 2014, 10:12 AM
Instructor
I had problems with unregular recorded track timming stretch with GX via USB...using it's asio driver as well. If You say You had that problem on other systems too, then Guido's advice is on spot. But...I know that usb interfaces can cause some issues as well. For example I couldn't record good double tracking of rhythm guitars because the interface gave me completely different time match than with playback. I know when I play not "in time" but those differences were far beyond my possible mistakes so I started to dig. Seems like my PC / insterface where having problems while playing drum tracks or metronome while recording.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Mar 10 2014, 09:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Koseydon @ Mar 9 2014, 12:48 PM) *
thank you very much for awesome reply smile.gif this remind me one of the books that i have. It is called "Ross Bolton - Funk Guitar - The Essential Guide" maybe i should take a look at it?

I'm glad i could help you a bit. ;-)
One of the best rhythm guitar players is session player Paul Jackson jr. I learnt so much from him, his rhythm playing is just legendary. Go check him out!
Another interesting thing I heard Larry Carlton saying in an interview about timing & groove was: he NEVER practiced with a metronome in his whole life!!!! He just played to records or musicians. I couldn't believe it! And he's one of the best groove players!
So as you see there's no golden rule at a all to improve the timing. :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Mar 10 2014, 09:40 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2014, 08:26 AM
Instructor
As Guido stated, there is not a path set in stone. There are several things that you can try and this thread is slowly gathering more and more of them. I say it was a very inspired thing to start this thread wink.gif Keep us in the loop regarding your progress, mate wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:33 PM