Ibanez 2017
Mertay
Dec 22 2016, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
Warning! some serious GAS may occur smile.gif

Some photos I found on the web. Also models started to appear at https://www.andertons.co.uk/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 22 2016, 05:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for sharing. I'm considering saving up for a 7 string Ibanez, but probably a bit more "old school" in the shape of an RG1527.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 22 2016, 06:09 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2016, 11:48 PM
GMC Founder
One word: YUMMI! biggrin.gif

I have to say I am not a big fan of 7 and 8 string - and their focus seems to be on that.

I have always wanted 5 string though, with a neck profile like the lower frets of jazz bass. I am serious - it would be an amazingly playable instrument.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2016, 04:53 AM
Now I'm drooling on myself smile.gif Those woods! Those tops! BKP and Lundgren pups? Lord give me strength!!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 22 2016, 12:11 PM) *
Warning! some serious GAS may occur smile.gif

Some photos I found on the web. Also models started to appear at https://www.andertons.co.uk/

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2016, 01:08 PM
Instructor
The maple neck on that translucent black guitar tho!

Not enough maple necks on ERGs - why???

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 23 2016, 06:15 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I just had to look. rolleyes.gif What model is the 3rd and 4th one down from the top?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2016, 11:51 PM
WELL SAID!!!!! You must be psychic as I was thinking the same. I hate to be the "Maple Neck Snob" but good lord those things look and sound AMAZING IMHO. Just bright enough to cut through a mix. Some folks LOVE their ROSEWOOD. more power to em. I have two rosewood ibbys myself and I love em. However, I wish by all that is Holy that I could have Maple fretbaords and birds eye maple unfinished necks in the Hyper Wizard profile on every guitar I will ever own. But that's just me I"m a bit of an IBBY NUTTER smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 23 2016, 08:08 AM) *
The maple neck on that translucent black guitar tho!

Not enough maple necks on ERGs - why???

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 26 2016, 11:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Looking good, second one's the best for my taste, though it's got one more string than I need tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 10 2017, 08:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 10 2017, 09:55 AM
Learning Roadie
The LNG Jem is one I want and the Blue fade Premium too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 10 2017, 07:07 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 10 2017, 08:55 AM) *

The pink Jem was so hype back in the day smile.gif I don't remember exactly but unfortunatly their prices will be a bit too extreme for players sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 11 2017, 07:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 10 2017, 12:55 AM) *

I would love to get the RG Premium 6 string with this finish offered for the 7 string.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Funny thing is, I can't find either one of those finishes today at the Ibanez site. What happened? I was just looking at them yesterday. huh.gif

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_series..._id=1&pre=3

Edit: Ok that was odd, now I see it again. Twilight black graduation. Love it! wub.gif

http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_series17..._id=1&pre=3

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 11 2017, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 12 2017, 04:34 AM
That is a fine looking axe to be sure smile.gif Notice the semi exotic wood choices in the neck? Bit more varied than what one often sees on a typical ibby. It's almost like they are going a bit "boutique" on their nicer axes. I guess they have to complete with all the boutique vendors now, so they gotta follow suit to some degree. The addition of bare . knuckle pickups was a good call imho, when that was announced smile.gif That company has sure exploded. Then imagine the order coming in from Ibby! We need thousands of pickups please, send them on to us asap smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 11 2017, 02:49 PM) *
I would love to get the RG Premium 6 string with this finish offered for the 7 string.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Funny thing is, I can't find either one of those finishes today at the Ibanez site. What happened? I was just looking at them yesterday. huh.gif

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_series..._id=1&pre=3

Edit: Ok that was odd, now I see it again. Twilight black graduation. Love it! wub.gif

http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_series17..._id=1&pre=3

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 12 2017, 04:37 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:07 AM