> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Offa's Thread, for gab's army
Offa
Mar 20 2017, 11:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel!
Sorry, i took a long long break. I started to learn piano and it is so much fun, that i take less time for practicing guitar.

I will thank you for all your feedback you have given me. With your help my guitar playing is much better and more precise.
I will ask you if we can change something. I like the lessons you choose all the time, and i play them really a lot. But... when i do a recording for you, i am done with it. I really can´t play them any longer to get the last bit out of it and record a second take. I would prefer, if you could review a lesson and pick a new one covering the topic i have to work on. I hope you understand what i want to tell you... :-)

What do you think?

Jan -Offa-

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 16 2017, 05:34 AM) *
Hi Offa,

this is very good! I can see that you've been working hard on this one. Here are some things to have in mind during the next days of practice.

- You need to adjust the pitch of your bending starting with the one on fret 7 of the third string. Isolate this one, and the others, play the target note (without note, in this case fret 9th) and then bend to it. Repeat this idea many times every day before and after you play the whole lesson.

- Your vibrato needs some attention. Sometimes it's weak, while other times, you start it too early and the notes sound like nervous. Remember to let the note sound and then add vibrato gradually, to make it sound as a natural part of the note.

- Finally, the third element to improve, but not the most urgent is timing. It's not bad, but you could go better with the groove of the track.

Your improvisation is a good first one. The more you improve your bending and vibrato techniques, the better your improv will sound, so keep on working on both things.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 02:01 PM
Instructor
So you mean this...

I check the video of you playing the lesson, detect the things to work, and recommend a new lessons that covers those elements that need work. Did I understand it right?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Offa
Mar 22 2017, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yes, that´s right. My problem is, that i get tired to play the same lesson over and over again. I play them 1000 times and try my very best. After your review most of the time you say "hey, you can do better. Try harder! Do it again!" I always understand your review and you are right in what you tell me about my playing. I am sure, I can do better, if i play the lesson another 1000 times. But... this is very boring, and this way i am losing fun. This is because i dont have much time to play other stuff alongside the GMC lessons.
I am glad for every review, but i need new stuff.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 21 2017, 03:01 PM) *
So you mean this...

I check the video of you playing the lesson, detect the things to work, and recommend a new lessons that covers those elements that need work. Did I understand it right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2017, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Offa, this sounds totally reasonable! Thanks for telling what you feel and sorry about it!

The practice process must be amazing not boring. Nothing makes sense if you get bored while playing guitar. Each person and each guitarist is different. Some things can be amazing for me and boring for you while those things that you like playing can be boring for any other player. Some of us like to master one thing not matter how much it takes, some others preffer to play shorter sections and jump from one thing to the other faster.

There is no one right or wrong, each one have to do his own journey. I'm here just to guide you. The other day, another student shared this quote at my facebook:

Attached Image

I'm not saying that I'm that teacher, but that's what I try to be. So please let me say which things make you feel excited when playing and making music, and how you think you'd like to approach GMC stuff to enjoy more the journey.

Regarding what you've said about working on one lesson and giving feedback with another lesson. I think that it's possible but maybe it's better to work on a part of a lesson instead of a whole lesson. I feel that it's better to dedicate more time to less stuff and less time to more stuff.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Mar 26 2017, 09:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker

Hey Gabriel,
thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Yes, this sounds good to me. Let´s get startet! In the last lesson i focused bendings.

Any suggestion for a nice lesson?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2017, 05:43 AM
Instructor
What about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stoner...at-rhythm-solo/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
May 21 2017, 02:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker

Hi Gabriel!

https://youtu.be/1tuMIeRBriE (Stoner Rock)

It took some time to practise this one. I like the lesson, but find it difficult to get into the groove. This is a first try, still some things to correct. What do you think? I will spend some more time into this lesson. But i need some new stuff. smile.gif Any suggestions?

Rock on!
Jan -Offa-

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2017, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

It's great to see you working on this one! The lesson has a lot of stuff to adjust. The main elements to polish are timing, pitch/tuning mostly in chords, but also for soloing, bending, and vibrato. I think that the best would be to divide this lesson in blocks because it's long and has too much material to work on. 4/5 blocks would be ok, and work 10/15 minutes on each. What do you say?

About new stuff, do you mean a new lesson? How is your diary practice organized nowadays?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
May 22 2017, 06:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2017, 03:04 PM) *
Hi mate,

It's great to see you working on this one! The lesson has a lot of stuff to adjust. The main elements to polish are timing, pitch/tuning mostly in chords, but also for soloing, bending, and vibrato. I think that the best would be to divide this lesson in blocks because it's long and has too much material to work on. 4/5 blocks would be ok, and work 10/15 minutes on each. What do you say?

About new stuff, do you mean a new lesson? How is your diary practice organized nowadays?

Hi Gabriel,
your advice sounds good to me. I will try so. Thank you! I like the lesson. I always like lessons including both, rythm and solo parts.
At the time, i play guitar every day. Mostly late in the evening 1/1,5 h. I often get tired and i know, it is not the best time for practicing. I am learning to play piano and practice this one too. It´s so much fun to make progress as a beginner, and it helps me to understand theory and chord stuff. I asked for some new stuff, because i need some variety. Otherwise it is very repetitive to play the same lesson over and over.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2017, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Ok mate. Could you please write a list with the lessons that you've worked from the site and its status?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:10 PM