2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mayones Competition - My Take, Well just bloopers for now but you should get a picture :)
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 02:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru
So this is my take, played on my friends guitar (I will post the real take as soon as I get my guitar back). I composed it just by improvising. Check especially the last take (6:20 I guess), since its generally without mistake - I just messed up the totally last, easiest slided note biggrin.gif

Any comments on feeling, posture, note choice and techniques appreciated smile.gif Needless to say, I would really like to win that competition tongue.gif

EDIT: Yes I know the first sweeped arpeggio should be a bit longer smile.gif The pause is awkward there

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 15 2009, 02:28 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
May 15 2009, 03:04 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Pretty cool Jakub! I would like to have heard your guitar a bit better though and without the damper, I think the notes would have more clarity. Just my opinion of course, good luck in the competition! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 03:18 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (skennington @ May 15 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Pretty cool Jakub! I would like to have heard your guitar a bit better though and without the damper, I think the notes would have more clarity. Just my opinion of course, good luck in the competition! smile.gif

I will. I am just not used on his shorter neck and longer frets so I mess up much more on his guitar (its el cheapo ashton for 200$ with amp..) I agree the damper kills the sustain and ringing a bit tho! smile.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 15 2009, 03:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 15 2009, 09:23 AM) *
So this is my take, played on my friends guitar (I will post the real take as soon as I get my guitar back). I composed it just by improvising. Check especially the last take (6:20 I guess), since its generally without mistake - I just messed up the totally last, easiest slided note biggrin.gif

Any comments on feeling, posture, note choice and techniques appreciated smile.gif Needless to say, I would really like to win that competition tongue.gif

EDIT: Yes I know the first sweeped arpeggio should be a bit longer smile.gif The pause is awkward there

Haha!
I like the comments you put on the video.
There are some cool ideas in there!
Good luck with the contest!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
May 15 2009, 03:29 PM
Instructor
You must control a bit your bends,and try to obtain a good sound.good luck in the competition! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 03:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru
By the way, what do you use to sync the audio and video? Cos I wanted to record the sound with pod and then add the sound, but in WMM it was impossible to make match

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 15 2009, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Nice ideas so far Jakub,
try with more melody and without dampener,
best of luck in the competition. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 15 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Nice ideas so far Jakub,
try with more melody and without dampener,
best of luck in the competition. smile.gif

Regarding that melody, any specific place that you would improve?

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
May 15 2009, 04:10 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 15 2009, 10:57 AM) *
By the way, what do you use to sync the audio and video? Cos I wanted to record the sound with pod and then add the sound, but in WMM it was impossible to make match

In WMM, get the backing and lead tracks as close as possible, then decide which track you want to move and click it to highlight. At the top of the page, click "clip", in the drop down, you will see "nudge left or right". You may have to do this several times but you can sync the tracks this way.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 04:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (skennington @ May 15 2009, 05:10 PM) *
In WMM, get the backing and lead tracks as close as possible, then decide which track you want to move and click it to highlight. At the top of the page, click "clip", in the drop down, you will see "nudge left or right". You may have to do this several times but you can sync the tracks this way.

Ah thanks. because when moving it by dragging, it always jumps by half second and thats too big interval:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
May 15 2009, 04:15 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 15 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Ah thanks. because when moving it by dragging, it always jumps by half second and thats too big interval:)

Yep, using the "nudge" is the only way to sync the tracks perfectly. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 15 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Cool playing Jakub , good luck at the competition man !

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
May 15 2009, 05:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice playing mate, almost soulful?!? if you know what i mean tongue.gif .

Good luck in the comp!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 06:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (sted @ May 15 2009, 06:35 PM) *
Nice playing mate, almost soulful?!? if you know what i mean tongue.gif .

Good luck in the comp!

Well I tried to feel the music and enjoy the playing as much as I could! (I always do:)) Because it says in the rules that the feeling and sound is what matters the most in this competition:) Thats why I didnt just shred the solo through and through biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 15 2009, 06:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Prety cool wink.gif Nice clip!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 15 2009, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Sounds very cool man, good luck with the competition! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 15 2009, 09:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 15 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Regarding that melody, any specific place that you would improve?

I meant generaly the melody, you probably played slower to be more melodic
and it does help to get some kind of a melody going
but I would rather sing something over backing and try to catch
few lines and then adapt those to your playing,
our voices are ultimate industry for uber melodic lines. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 09:59 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Ohh.. now thats an advice from guitar god:) Will do, thanks smile.gif

And yes, my idea was to make it melodic, yet interesting and technically challnging (thus those sweeps and tapping in the end). I just wanted to show them I've got it all - even tho I dont tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 15 2009, 10:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 15 2009, 10:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 15 2009, 10:59 PM) *
And yes, my idea was to make it melodic, yet interesting and technically challnging (thus those sweeps and tapping in the end). I just wanted to show them I've got it all - even tho I dont tongue.gif

Guy who posted competition said that he's looking for feel, melody etc.
Perhaps you don't need any sweeps and taps for this one, dunno. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 15 2009, 10:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Yes I know... Maybe you are right.. but its just my inner feeling that kickass solo needs to have some shredding part.. do you think I should make it all just melodical? Your opinion has big weight for me so please be honest smile.gif If you think its bad, say it, I just want to show them the best out of me:)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:53 PM