In The Style Of...gmc Instructors?
Scott Gentzen
Jun 14 2007, 04:15 PM
GMC:er
I had a cute idea this morning that I thought I'd share.

I was thinking about something in the style of the instructors sometime after some of the newer instructors get more time in here. Could be interesting and I think it could play out in a couple of ways.

One way is to do it with the other instrctors. Something like Pavel doing a "In the style of Kris" lesson or Gabriel doing a "In the Style of David W" lesson.

The other way is to open it up to the GMC students and have a vote for the best of the bunch.

Either way, it could be an interesting exercise for participants. Actually, maybe a Theory lesson would be in order too...how to "analyze a player's style"...how to recognize and identify elements of a person's playing style.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 14 2007, 08:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 14 2007, 11:15 AM) *
I had a cute idea this morning that I thought I'd share.

Thats the manliest thing ive hears all day smile.gif

Anyway sounds like a good idea!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 14 2007, 09:14 PM
Why don't the instructors just do there own thing. I mean who can play there own style better then, WELL themselves tongue.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 14 2007, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 14 2007, 10:14 PM) *
Why don't the instructors just do there own thing. I mean who can play there own style better then, WELL themselves tongue.gif

Totally AGREE!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 14 2007, 10:34 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 14 2007, 08:14 PM) *

I really like those "in the style of" lessons, and we have an interesting mix of styles on the GMC staff. I think it'd be more interesting to see someone else's perspective on their playing rather than see them try to explain it themselves.

Maybe I'm not thinking like a guitar player. shrug. Sometimes I think that's not a bad thing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 15 2007, 07:15 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 14 2007, 04:34 PM) *
I really like those "in the style of" lessons, and we have an interesting mix of styles on the GMC staff. I think it'd be more interesting to see someone else's perspective on their playing rather than see them try to explain it themselves.

Maybe I'm not thinking like a guitar player. shrug. Sometimes I think that's not a bad thing. biggrin.gif

Yeah I guess it would be interesting to see what Pavel comes up with for Kris, BUT if you want to get the full effect of someones style. Then theres nobody better to do it than that person!!!

But i do see where your coming from though.

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jun 27 2007, 12:08 PM
Good idea, but i think a lot of lessons are based on they're own style.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2007, 01:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
THAT'S why GMC sounds so familiar laugh.gif - General Motors

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 28 2007, 06:58 AM
We could have a contest smile.gif have 1 instructor write a riff in their own style.. and then every other instructor try and write a riff in the style of that person and see who comes closest to what the 1 person wrote smile.gif

WHO KNOWS WHO THE BEST biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jun 28 2007, 11:35 AM
I was actually thinking about having in the style of gmc instructors a while back.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:36 PM