> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

23 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Tom51's Practice Thread, for Gab's Army
Tom51
Nov 30 2015, 07:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Do you think I could add the "Simple Melodies" from Laszlo I played in the last Improvisation assignment into my daily lessons?

my plan would look like this....

Lessons to polish...
Frusciante 2 - 10min
Beginner Solo - 10min
Buckethead - 15min

New Lesson with more work ahead...
Goo Goo Dolls - 20 min
Simple Melodies - 20 min

Improvisation/ other topics - 45min

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tom51: Dec 1 2015, 06:11 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2015, 01:52 PM
Instructor
yes Tom! Sounds good to me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 4 2015, 02:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab - here is a new Beginner Solo. Same thing as in the last video - getting vibrato pleasant and bends precise.
https://youtu.be/I5j45IudUKs

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2015, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Great job Tom! You are on the right track, keep playing this one trying to feel more and more comfortable with both techniques. The next goal is to be able to concentrate less and feel more, but it happens with time. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 6 2015, 12:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, here are two new other videos. The Buckethead lessons is really killing me biggrin.gif . I wonder if I will ever get it perfect. But the good thing is that all I learn at this lesson can be applied to any other playing - great hehey.
But for one year at Gabs Army all in all its not too shabby tongue.gif

Melodies in Am
https://youtu.be/xVnmOdyC1YQ

Buckethead
https://youtu.be/1_TqJJVCyko

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2015, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Thanks for the new videos!

Buckethead lesson shows new improvements! It's great to see your playing improving from take to take and be sure that this is having a big impact in your overall playing. The parts that I've marked previously are still the parts that have room to improvements so keep working!

The other lesson also is sounding good but you need to put more focus on the pitch of your bends. If you listen to your bends on this one, you should note that most of them sound higher than the right pitch. Your vibrato on this one is wide, but you have to try to make it sound more natural with the backing's groove.

That's all by now mate, keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 12 2015, 03:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, I just recorded new videos this morning to have more time later for the new improvisation stuff.

Rhythm
Here is a first recording of GooGooDolls rhythm lesson. Still a lot of work ahead to get the chord changes smooth and rhythm tight. But I wanted to show that I do work on it daily.
https://youtu.be/4J_AU24I8Zw

Frusciante
Much better than the one I posted at REC some weeks ago.
https://youtu.be/kR1Zz3JhlY8

Beginner Solo
Now starting to get relaxed when playing.
https://youtu.be/cjlc6KcBSDE

Thanks Tom!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2015, 05:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom!

Congrats on these new videos!! I feel that all your hard work is reflected on this ones!!

I notice improvements regarding all the elements that we've been talking about: bending, vibrato, timing, changing chords. Everything shows improvements and I can say that you've reached a level with this lessons that makes me enjoy your playing. All the parts sound warm, in pitch, nothing sounds out or weird. You are moving to a new level friend!! smile.gif

Off course, you still need to practice hard to keep on polishing those elements but now it's time for details!

Please start thinking on dynamics when playing, this is a very expressive tool and deserves your attention.

Goo Goo Dolls lesson sounds like "timid" yet. You need to strum and pick stronger! and also think on dynamics for rhythm. Are you using a smaller pick on this one? Why?

Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 12 2015, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab - This really means a lot to me. smile.gif

Yes, usually I use a thick and large 2.2mm pick but for strumming I feel better with a thinner and smaller one (Dunlop 0,5mm). The one I also used with all rhythm lessons before.
Or maybe it does not sound as the preset I used in BIAS tries to simulate an acoustic guitar?

This post has been edited by Tom51: Dec 12 2015, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2015, 02:19 PM
Instructor
I think that your strumming intensities doesn't sound consistent and I suspect that this is related to the pick which is smaller. I also don't recommend using so different pìcks for playing soloing and rhythm because you will have to change pick in the middle of a song when playing with your band! When playing acoustics, thinner picks are frequently used for strumming but when playing on electric, the best is to use the same one for everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 20 2015, 08:25 AM
Learning Roadie
HI Gab - also recorded new videos for two lessons.

Beginner Solo
...trying to introduce some dynamics with my playing. Hopefully I did not overdo it.
https://youtu.be/LlR3DcRTWJE

Melodies in Amin
Tried to get my bending more precise and the vibrato more consistent like in the original. Also changed the tone and added some reverb and delay and focused the EQ to mid frequencies.
https://youtu.be/WfUdWG7mBSg

Tom

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2015, 01:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom, thanks for the new videos.

Your playing keeps on evolving. I start to feel some dynamics work in your playing, you should keep on going on this direction.

The technique that needs more attention on this two takes is bending. Your bending is close but you aren't still reaching the pitches smoothly so you should isolate the licks that include bending to work on the issue. You should also dedicate 10 minutes each day to some bending exercises.

Your vibrato is on the right track too, just keep on trying to make it more and more natural.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 21 2015, 02:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for your comments Gab. Yes, I do work on bends very hard daily but I simply do not hear that precise yet. I hear when I am noticeable below or above pitch during playing but not if its close to pitch.
But I feel its getting better and only a matter of correct practice wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2015, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Sure! This will be improved with practice. Just keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 27 2015, 11:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, hope you had a merry Christmas!
I record my playing usually daily as I find much more mistakes when I listen to it later without playing at the same time.
There was a Beginner Solo where my ears feel bending is good and a Buckethead with timing improvements so I thought I share this here. Thanks Tom!

https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/l20-2712

https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/buckethead

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2015, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Congrats on these two new samples!

I've noticed important improvements on each of these lessons and I agree with you about the elements that show progress on these two takes. Your bending sounds close to perfect in the beginner solo and timing is much better on Buckethead's solo. This is a proof of the great job that you've been doing this year!

Congratulations friend! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 30 2015, 02:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
Recorded a new Goo Goo Dolls a few minutes ago. Its getting better but getting a good groove needs more work.
Sometimes I am singing with the songs to get into rhythm...so its not that I had too much beer ... tongue.gif

Goo Goo Dolls
https://youtu.be/pazmJBkI2SM

Worked also hard on my bending and that seems to get better too. Here is also a new video.

Simple Melodies in Am
https://youtu.be/fNq4zhPTQgA

Cheers Tom

This post has been edited by Tom51: Dec 30 2015, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2015, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom, singing is a very good idea. We get much more connected with what we pplay if we imitate it with our mouth. I've always tried it for solos and melodies, but let me say that doing it for rhythym is something new and very creative for me! I also note that your groove is getting better on the goo goo dolls lesson. Keep working!

Bending lesson shows that your bends are not reaching the right pitches most of the times. You are close, but I think that you are doing higher than you should. So this is not related to lack of strengh, it's just aiming.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 31 2015, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie
OK - this corresponds with my experience that when I played together with the original lesson and later checked recording (by looking at Guitar Rig tuner) I thought I mostly ended up being always a little under pitch. But it seems that I was better in pitch due to the guidance for my ears by the original lesson.
Maybe that is a bad idea to check bends with Guitar Rig tuner after recording again. I should better rely on my ears only.

Thanks for all you have done this year. Its really great to have you as mentor.
Happy New Year! Tom.

This post has been edited by Tom51: Dec 31 2015, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2016, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom, thanks! I hope you have a great new year full of great things and motivation. smile.gif

About bending, yes, you need to train your ear in order to always bend to the pitch that you want. These are some cool exercises that can help if you do them diary. This is one of them (the first one that Satriani shares)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:08 PM