7 Mic Preamps On Electric Guitar
Mertay
Oct 18 2021, 06:33 PM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2021, 06:04 AM
Very interesting vid thanks for the share ! id not thought of using mic preamps as a guitar preamp but why not eh? I'm a big fan of tube preamps and I still use two of them. My fave Soldano clone and a marshal clone, both built by my bud from Russian Mr. Myasnikov.

I really want the 3 channel version he makes that is similar to the soldano X88r. Til then my single channel soldano clone will have to do smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 18 2021, 01:33 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 19 2021, 04:02 PM
They all sound good.
API and the Neve Portico were my favorites (with his playing and particular choice of riffs). Those are solid state mic pres.
UA 610 noticeably darker and smoother. That's a tube pre.

The TC Konnect sounded great for a $350.00 interface/preamp combo.

*One of my favorite things about using an Apollo interface is that when you load most of their mic pre emulations into their 'Console' software the impedance in the hardware (interface) changes to match the actual hardware's impedance. This totally affects how a mic reacts (gain and EQ). Same for their guitar and bass amp sims. IMO this feature, if you know what sound you're going for and aren't afraid to commit, makes a huge difference in how you play and ultimately how you sound.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 20 2021, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2021 - 01:44 AM