Questions About Recording For Rec
bluetag
May 29 2009, 05:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys i was just wondering what you guys use to sync and record your REC videos. I've been looking on the forums and have seen some info on the Pocket POD. i was wondering if i should get one so i could actually record good quality audio and videos. done some with my webcam but the mircophone doesn't cut it. anyways just looking for some advice about the product and is there a feature where i can plug my guitar in through the pod in a usb like straight to my computer. thanks tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Fran
May 29 2009, 05:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pocketpod doesn't allow USB recording, neither does POD 2.0 as far as I know. You should get a Pod XT or X3 instead, you won't regret it!

Pandora PX5D (not PX4D) also allows USB recording, but the modelling isn't as good as PODs in my opinion.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 29 2009, 06:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use a POD Studio UX1 with which I can produce a lot of different sounds. Best is that it uses USB. smile.gif
You can also have a look at the slightly worse version, the POD Studio GX.

This post has been edited by Tolek: May 29 2009, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
May 29 2009, 06:24 PM
Tolek suggestions are really good, I forgot about Pod Studios

All pod studio units provide POD tone in your computer, and all have the same sound quality. The difference in price is due to the amount of inputs you can record at the same time.

If you are going to recotrd just guitar or bass, one at a time, GX is awesome and inexpensive.

These units require a computer to work, that's the main difference with the PODs. They were called Toneport in the past. Here you can read a review I made of toneport GX, which is exactly the same thing as what they now call pod studio GX:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Toneport_gx

And Ivan Milenkovic wrote this one bout its bigger brother, UX1, that Tolek just mentioned:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Toneport_Ux1

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 29 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Fran @ May 29 2009, 07:24 PM) *
If you are going to recotrd just guitar or bass, one at a time, GX is awesome and inexpensive.

These units require a computer to work, that's the main difference with the PODs. They were called Toneport in the past. Here you can read a review I made of toneport GX, which is exactly the same thing as what they now call pod studio GX:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Toneport_gx

Actually that´s not exactyl the same thing. The software that produces the sound is different. If you buy a Toneport GX, you´ll get Gearbox. If you buy POD Studio GX, you´ll get POD Farm, the newer version of Gearbox. Some people, like Ivan e.g., say that Gearbox is better because of its interface and because it has a built-in metronome. I personally have no problems with POD Farm´s interface. It´s really clear and easy to use. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 29 2009, 06:49 PM
That's true Tolek smile.gif

But both can work with either Gearbox or POD farm software!, Studios cme with POD farm, which is a nice addition, as it costs fifty bucks as plug-in version. Standalone POD farm is free.

Furthermore POD Farm isn't exactly the new version of Gearbox. As a standalone app it's similar, but units such as POD X3 run on Gearbox.

As a plug-in, it works in all units.

I guess somewhere down the road it might become the standard. Problem with POD famr is all the processing takes place in the computer, that defeats the purpose of using it with a POD, where the unit itself is a powerful sound proccesor.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
bluetag
May 29 2009, 07:22 PM
wow thanks guys i didn't realize how affordable these really are i might go out for a drive right now heh thanks for the info fran and tolek biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bluetag: May 29 2009, 07:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
May 29 2009, 07:51 PM
Learning Roadie
I get pretty decent results with a line6 guitar port, Gearbox and reaper. I don't think the other line 6 products mentioned here are way more expensive like they were back with I bought my GP. If I had to it over now I would go for one of the others but I still think my guitar port does all I need for now.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Fran
May 29 2009, 10:42 PM
QUOTE (bluetag @ May 29 2009, 08:22 PM) *
wow thanks guys i didn't realize how affordable these really are i might go out for a drive right now heh thanks for the info fran and tolek biggrin.gif

No problem man, glad to be of help, many here use them and get good results.

I have a Toneport GX (Now POD Studio) & two PODs, and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with either of them smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fran: May 29 2009, 10:43 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 30 2009, 12:25 AM
Learning Rock Star

No problem, buddy. smile.gif You should definitely get a POD. It´s absolutely awesome for home recording and affordable.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2009, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Everybody said it nicely. smile.gif I also recommend POD Studio UX1 for studio recording, I've used it for some time, and was able to produce some very nice sounds with it. You can also get POD Studio GX if you don't care about recording microphone. POD Studio UX1 has two channels, and one of them has mic preamp, so ou can record microphone and guitar in parallel.
Regarding Gearbox vs. POD Farm, there were some topics on the forum before. It's true that I prefer Gearbox, but they basically have the same sounds, so whatever you choose it will be good. I think POD Farm is good, but prefer Gearbox. It's just a matter of preference in the end. I suggest you try them both, and see what you like, it's probably the best solution mate. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 30 2009, 01:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor

I use UX2 for all my home recording needs!! It's a very good interface that gives very good results for the price! I recommend any Pod studio (Gx is the cheapest but can't record Microphone), as they all will do a very good job! Ask if you have any questions about these devices.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 30 2009, 03:20 PM
Instructor
I use POD X3 Live for lessons, it also has USB output.
For REC I would go with cheaper versions Tolek suggested. It comes down to whats your budget. POD X3 Live is awesome and I don't plan to buy new pedal for another year or so smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bluetag
May 30 2009, 11:31 PM
hey guys so i went to guitar center today and picked up the POD Studio GX so far im loving this thing and for the price i think you can't beat the value. i'm enjoying this thing alot but have been annoying everyone around the house when i play it through the speakers lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 30 2009, 11:45 PM
That's cool Bluetag, glad you like it!

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 31 2009, 12:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bluetag @ May 31 2009, 12:31 AM) *
hey guys so i went to guitar center today and picked up the POD Studio GX so far im loving this thing and for the price i think you can't beat the value. i'm enjoying this thing alot but have been annoying everyone around the house when i play it through the speakers lol

Awesome. biggrin.gif Let us know if you have any problems. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Congratulations mate! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 31 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
great news man. I am looking forward to your REC videos

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 29 2009, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've posted the same kind of topic some time ago... I believe what was recommended for me was :

- Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
- POD Studio GX
- Sony Vegas (any version)
- Reaper

Some strong lights were also mentioned, but then again, I won't be posting cutting-edge lessons in the close future ! biggrin.gif Feel free to read the comments on my topic, if you haven't already decided on what to buy ! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry392420

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 30 2009, 12:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (bluetag @ May 31 2009, 12:31 AM) *

Ah good to hear you are having fun with it! Congrats man! smile.gif Ask if you encounter any questions along the road.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:32 PM