> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Feb 8 2015, 11:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

Both the pop rock solo and the power chord lesson were played on the same guitar so I will have to look into that.
Cheers Gab.
Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 9 2015, 12:18 AM
Thanks Gab,

Ok I can see in the pop/rock solo that the vibrato is very very subtle.
I will try tomorrow to get this to you. If not it will be the next day, oooops the next day is my birthday so much beer, wine and Jack smile.gif
Maybe Wednesday or Thursday biggrin.gif

Cheers buddy

Sometimes life gets in the way rolleyes.gif

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2015, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Sure! Don't worry mate, take your time to work on the tasks correctly. Don't push yourself to upload videos before you feel you dedicated time to improve the lessons. So have a great time during your birthday and keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 13 2015, 09:49 PM
Quick update,

Haven't had as much time as I expected, work work work rolleyes.gif I'm struggling a little with the timing in section 2 of the pop rock solo, I'll try to get something to you this weekend. It's the third bar in section 2 that catches me out, I'll keep going though, slowly slowly catchy monkey wink.gif It's the phrasing, for some reason it seems a little unnatural. It's a lovely piece though and I am determined to crack it.

E E E E Q S S S S
-------------------------------|
--L--4-----------------4-5-7-|
--------5-----5g7----7-------|
-----------7-------------------|

I'm also trying to do the funk collab but I think maybe it is a little too advanced for me. I can't think of anything to play unsure.gif

Got fibre optic internet being installed tomorrow so will have to get the wireless network set up for the house myself, sometimes, as you may know, this can go sweet but other times it can be a nightmare.

Cheers for your patience Gab, it's been a mad couple of weeks here blink.gif

All teh best

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2015, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update. It would be really important and helpful for you to give a try to the Funk Collab. It's awesome how much we learn by making music and that's a killer opportunity because you have real time feedback during the process. So, go for it! Start with slow melodies, just to get familiar with the tune. Post your pre-ideas at the thread and enjoy the journey. wink.gif

For that lick that you shared, pay special attention to the pick movement used by the instructor in the lesson, and share here a short video playing it to check if you want.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 15 2015, 12:20 AM
Hello Gab,

Ok, here's where I am at so far with the Rock Pop Solo. For some reason I keep hitting the double stop way too hard, I think it's a bit of tension as I have had trouble with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5pYICyYWw...eature=youtu.be

Still trying to come up with something for the funk collab rolleyes.gif

Will have another go at the Changing Power Chord position lesson tomorrow.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2015, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice new take. Yeah, I note that you play that double stop lick a bit aggressive and also before the beat. It's because your mind becomes anxious because the tricky lick comes. This will disappear with practice. The whole thing is sounding good but can be played with more feeling, better groove and dynamics. But don't worry, just have it in mind while you practice and from time to time, listen to the original lesson again and pay attention to those elements.

I'll wait for an update regarding the power chords lesson. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 15 2015, 09:54 PM
Hello Gav,

Only managed an hour this evening, had family visiting today. I think I will develop the feeling/dynamics/groove a bit better once I have the note sequence in my fingers and I don't have to try and remember it, then I think I will relax more. I seem to play ok when it is my own stuff as it is from my heart and mind and so I am more relaxed, so I need to get other people's music into my heart and mind before I can get feeling/dynamics/groove and, to do that I need to get it into my fingers first, am I making sense? Do you agree or am I wrong?

Anyway, due to short time I've only managed to get a sound file to you. Tomorrow I am hoping to get something down in the power chord lesson, I got lost in this tonight though, time disappeared rolleyes.gif

[attachment=40989:Rock_Pop...15022015.wav]

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 17 2015, 05:23 PM
Hello Gab,

Sorry nothing has come to you apart from the above. Last night I got a bad virus on my PC, tonight I have to reinstall operating system.

Sorry

Tomorrow hopefully.

Hurdles hurdles hurdles sad.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2015, 07:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 15 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Hello Gav,

Only managed an hour this evening, had family visiting today. I think I will develop the feeling/dynamics/groove a bit better once I have the note sequence in my fingers and I don't have to try and remember it, then I think I will relax more. I seem to play ok when it is my own stuff as it is from my heart and mind and so I am more relaxed, so I need to get other people's music into my heart and mind before I can get feeling/dynamics/groove and, to do that I need to get it into my fingers first, am I making sense? Do you agree or am I wrong?

Anyway, due to short time I've only managed to get a sound file to you. Tomorrow I am hoping to get something down in the power chord lesson, I got lost in this tonight though, time disappeared rolleyes.gif

[attachment=40989:Rock_Pop...15022015.wav]

Cheers

Phil

Awesome improvement compared with the previous take! That lick in question sounds more natural now and the whole thing starts to have more feeling and groove. You are definitely going on the right track with this one! It's true that you will be able to improve this one as soon as you get more familiar with the lines, and you can play without thinking too much on each note and feeling instead of thinking. That's the next goal for this one.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 17 2015, 01:23 PM) *
Hello Gab,

Sorry nothing has come to you apart from the above. Last night I got a bad virus on my PC, tonight I have to reinstall operating system.

Sorry

Tomorrow hopefully.

Hurdles hurdles hurdles sad.gif

Cheers

Phil

Don't worry mate! Thanks for notifying. I'll wait for your news. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 17 2015, 09:52 PM
Computer fully functional again now wink.gif Just need to get some plugins on there form my DAW and I'll be back on the case.

Thanks for your patience Gab cool.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2015, 09:54 PM
Instructor
Ok! Good luck with it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 19 2015, 09:33 PM
Hello Gab,

Computer nearly up to 100% how it was before. Always takes longer than I think rolleyes.gif

OK, here is a sound file of the power chord lesson. first eight bars.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/pcs19022015

As usual, I need to learn it bit by bit with some advice along the way then once it is in my fingers I can start to refine it.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2015, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, this one is sounding good. There are two wrong chords at 00:13 and 00:14 so please re-check tabs with what you are playing. Besides this, I notice that some of the chords don't sound totally tuned, and this can be related to the pressure that you are doing with your fingers. Be careful with it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2015, 10:10 PM
Hello Gab,

Ok, tonight is the first time I've manage to have a go at the powerchord lesson again. I've been trying to relearn the Rock Pop Solo. After my BIG computer problems and then the virus I had forgotten a lot of it rolleyes.gif \i've also been sidetracked trying to come up with something better for the FunkIt collab cool.gif

Here is my attempt from tonight. I've been trying to get the slides in there. I'm struggling a bit to get the vibrato on the power chord at the end of this piece.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sorry about the camera shot, it's not the best for seeing everything. I need to get a new camera with a front facing screen. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2015, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Good news! That computer has been giving some headaches! Great to see a new video from you.

I think that the power chord shifting lesson is evolving well. The main issue that I note is that lose a bit timing precision when you reach each new chord. You tend to play the first strum after the beat and that makes the whole thing irregular. I think that the best would be to work a bit more over the slower backing and focusing on making the changes totally tight.

About the camera, there are lots of possibilities, what's your budget?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 24 2015, 02:13 PM
Thanks Gab,
I'll work on the slow method. I was keen to get something to you so I rushed a quick practise.
About the budget, it's a hard one because I could say £300 but then see something for £500 that is worth paying the extra for. I tend to look at various items of different value and then decide if I want to pay a lot or if it's not worth paying extra over a perfectly good budget model.
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 coming this week, that is supposed to record HD but I don't know what is like in lower light.
If that works I'll buy a mount for the tripod. I may experiment a bit more work the still camera, I have to put a mirror behind it to see the screen laugh.gif
Cheers
Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 24 2015, 02:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2015, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! The cellphone should really work for this purpose! Even more if you add a mirror and a light in order to use the main camera instead of the frontal one. I wouldn't invest on a camera now just to record guitar videos, your cellphone will do the job ok if you add some lightening.

If you get one or two of these you'll increase the performance of your camera:

Attached Image

And these are not expensive.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Gab. The Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is a tablet, if I'm going to use a mirror I can stay with my Sony RX100 stills camera as I am doing now. I just need to set it up better.
Cheers
Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 25 2015, 01:52 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2015, 02:30 PM
Instructor
yeah, that's not a bad camera, just add lights as I suggested and you will notice big improvements. And it seems that your camera has some monitoring possibilities, at least the RX100 II has.

Check out if you have HDMI output or this possibility of using your cellphone or tablet.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:54 AM