8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
V-picks! Satriani And Santana Are Now Using Them!, Best pick out there IMO
Fsgdjv
Jul 31 2008, 03:17 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 31 2008, 03:49 AM) *
I got mine, a couple rounded medium, and a screamer.

They are pretty nice. You definitely should try these, I would say get a medium rounded, and if you feel you might want a pointy one, either a screamer or one of the pointed ones. Crisp attack and silky smooth on the rounded, probably my favorite. Although i will probably use the pointy screamer some. I have this other pick I really like, an obscure one (I bought 30 of them for about $25 awhile back). But these v-picks are nice, and I am sure I will use them. Like I use the Dava nickel, even though it is not my main squeeze.

edit: I am not saying the v-pick won't become my top pick, that is very possible. we will see. and I am pretty particular. other than my long time favorite, and the Dava nickel, and these v-picks, all others suck, and I have a container filled with all of them. v-picks are certainly worth ordering.

Do you think they wear out as fast as, lets say jazz III or some other "cheap" picks? That's the only thing I'm worrying about, because if they wear out as fast as those, then.. yeah then I won't order them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 31 2008, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 30 2008, 09:17 PM) *
Do you think they wear out as fast as, lets say jazz III or some other "cheap" picks? That's the only thing I'm worrying about, because if they wear out as fast as those, then.. yeah then I won't order them.

you get to use all three edges, so you get three picks of use with each one.

order them, trust me, don't nickel and dime yourself on something as important as the pick you use.

they are soooooooooo superior to a jazz III, the thought of using a jazz III after one of these makes me want to open a window and vomit.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Jul 31 2008, 03:45 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 30 2008, 09:32 PM) *
you get to use all three edges, so you get three picks of use with each one.

order them, trust me, don't nickel and dime yourself on something as important as the pick you use.

they are soooooooooo superior to a jazz III, the thought of using a jazz III after one of these makes me want to open a window and vomit.

I've been using jazz IIIs for 10 years, I'm quite skeptical... Just like how overrated Texas Tech is this year in football tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Bedlam: Jul 31 2008, 03:46 AM

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 31 2008, 08:49 AM

Just received my V-picks order - the fab 4 pack, some shredders and some acoustic picks. My first impressions are good. I've only had the chance to try out the acoustic and the shredder but I can see some of the benefits that I was hoping for. I think I need to adjust some aspects of my playing to get the very best from the pointed pick varieties - something for me to work on!

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Jul 31 2008, 08:59 AM
mine arrived as well. smile.gif

my favourite of the fab four package is the medium pointed, but in my next order i'll include some even more pointed shredder picks.

they're very thick but somehow that feels just right. smile.gif

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
timono
Jul 31 2008, 09:23 AM
hadn't seen these before now and the very thought of them make me drool laugh.gif

think i gonna order some of them,

thanks for sharing biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by timono: Jul 31 2008, 09:23 AM

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 31 2008, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
My first expression of the pick was that i glide off the fingers after you play a while and i really hate when that happened

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 31 2008, 10:29 AM
QUOTE (Bedlam @ Jul 30 2008, 09:45 PM) *
I've been using jazz IIIs for 10 years, I'm quite skeptical... Just like how overrated Texas Tech is this year in football tongue.gif

Kansas was overrated to. Even though we won the BCS Orange Bowl in football, and were national champion in Basketball. Just ask any Missouri person.

These picks are nice. Even if they end up not being your favorite, get a couple, you will like them. They are kind of special.

QUOTE (superize @ Jul 31 2008, 03:55 AM) *
My first expression of the pick was that i glide off the fingers after you play a while and i really hate when that happened

well keep your head banging down to no more than 180 degrees, that might help.

I assume you don't do the "pick buried between you thumb and side of the finger thing with just a mm of tip exposed". I could see it slipping if you hold it like some people do, say as Lian holds it.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jul 31 2008, 02:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I ordered a few Screamers and a slide they sound pretty cool plus i use jazz IIIs so i want to compare thanks for the link

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Joruus
Jul 31 2008, 04:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got mine Tuesday.
A Screamer, Medium rounded and Diamond.
And a "Black Leather Key Fob" wich had another pick in it, i think its medium pointed
(wich costs as much as the keyfob so im not sure why i get it for free with it)

I dont have much picks to compare with, but the screamer is really my favorite pick now.

The diamond seems too thick to play with blink.gif but maybe it just something you have to get used to.

About them wearing out fast or not.. check this link ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Joruus: Jul 31 2008, 04:18 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 31 2008, 04:32 PM
Very cool Joruus. I'm definitely gonna order some soon. I am worried a little about how well these picks work for strumming, but we'll see when i get them.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2008, 06:12 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Just ordered Fab Four, Screamer and acoustic smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 31 2008, 06:52 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm gonna order some but they all seem to be really thick or rounded, and i'm looking for something bout 1mm (to keep my picking movement small) that's pointed (for easier PH). Does it say anywhere how thick the screamer is?

This post has been edited by Matt23: Jul 31 2008, 06:59 PM

+Quote Post
mmasters
Jul 31 2008, 08:10 PM
Well I finally found my dream pick. Last week I got the diamond in the mail (they're 10 bucks now on sale from 15 cause they're new). Played about 30 hours in that time, I'm playing better than I ever have with this pick.

I used Jazz IIIs for about 10 years, now I wont even touch them.

If you really like the Jazz III type of pick get the diamond. I wont use any other pick now and I have a bunch of v-picks lying around. Though if I happened to lose this one I'd go back to a medium rounded or pointed while waiting for another diamond in the mail (I actually wrote vinni a thank you letter for the pick that's how good I think it is and I'm not a thank you letter kind of guy)

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jul 31 2008, 08:38 PM
Learning Roadie
i guess you are all leaving me with no choice, so i better go buy some now..

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 31 2008, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (mmasters @ Jul 31 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Well I finally found my dream pick. Last week I got the diamond in the mail (they're 10 bucks now on sale from 15 cause they're new). Played about 30 hours in that time, I'm playing better than I ever have with this pick.

I used Jazz IIIs for about 10 years, now I wont even touch them.

If you really like the Jazz III type of pick get the diamond. I wont use any other pick now and I have a bunch of v-picks lying around. Though if I happened to lose this one I'd go back to a medium rounded or pointed while waiting for another diamond in the mail (I actually wrote vinni a thank you letter for the pick that's how good I think it is and I'm not a thank you letter kind of guy)

I just ordered two diamond picks. I figure I am bound to lose one sometime, or it will wear out, and as you say price may be $15 later, and I split postage over two of them, so it seemed economical to get 2. With two diamond, two medium rounded, one screamer, I need to modify my will now.

Sorry Andrew, you will do the same thing, just wait. Keep the billfold handy.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2008, 09:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 31 2008, 03:46 PM) *
I just ordered two diamond picks. I figure I am bound to lose one sometime, or it will wear out, and as you say price may be $15 later, and I split postage over two of them, so it seemed economical to get 2. With two diamond, two medium rounded, one screamer, I need to modify my will now.

Heh, funny, since last time I changed picks I bough probably 50 of them so I would never ever be out of picks again ... can't afford 50 of these guys but I will certainly buy 10 or so when I find the one I like, if it is an improvement on my Dunlops smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jul 31 2008, 09:12 PM
well, as all you guys seem to like them so much, i ordered a screamer and the fab four....
it´s hard for me to believe, that there is a better pick than the jazz iii but i am very curious....
can´t wait to get them and try them.

+Quote Post
mmasters
Jul 31 2008, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 31 2008, 08:46 PM) *

You wont regret it for sure, I ordered 3 more diamonds today.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 31 2008, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 31 2008, 03:08 PM) *
Heh, funny, since last time I changed picks I bough probably 50 of them so I would never ever be out of picks again ... can't afford 50 of these guys but I will certainly buy 10 or so when I find the one I like, if it is an improvement on my Dunlops smile.gif

I did something similar, about over 30 of this type. which I still like, and I am sure will continue to play. I don't think one has to use only one pick, anymore than one guitar.

but you will love the v picks, I think nearly everybody will not regret getting these. they are quite nice. get a Dava nickel tip sometime, they are interesting to use once in awhile, as you probably know, Brian May used some British coin to play with.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 AM